Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

(All about that) D thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #16
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The D thread

U cant fire the guy yet, he hasn't been great but we also have a ton of holes still.

Pass rusher is needed .
DT
LB
S

all needs

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #17
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think Manusky has been decent as a coordinator, but he needs to find out why the last 2-3 minutes in the halves have been terrible. Needs to fix it.

But Ill continue to say this...not hiring Wade Phillips was a huge mistake and Its an embarrassing when Jim Schwartz refuses to take a meeting with your team because the Front office of Dan and Bruce is an absolute fucking joke. So remember, Dan and Bruce operation cost us an opportunity there.

People keep talking about Wentz, but Schwartz as the d-coordinator is the real reason why Philly is excelling this year. But it takes a lil bit of football acumen to understand that fact.
How did Wade Phillips D do against Minnesota? Do they have as many injuries? Our D has fucked up, no doubt. Norman hasn't played well 2 weeks in a row, Hall filling in sucks. We miss Foster badly.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:48 AM   #18
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Jim Schwartz has been outstanding this year w/ a young secondary. Eagles d has been solid all year long.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #19
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
How did Wade Phillips D do against Minnesota? Do they have as many injuries? Our D has fucked up, no doubt. Norman hasn't played well 2 weeks in a row, Hall filling in sucks. We miss Foster badly.
Wade has done a fine job with both Denver and now the Rams.

We got smoked by the Vikings defensively...Rams kept it competitive.

Minnesota defense...like I and others talked about before we played them...is real man shit, physical. They are ELITE.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #20
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Jim Schwartz has been outstanding this year w/ a young secondary. Eagles d has been solid all year long.
Schwartz refused to talked to us when we asked because he knew our front office and the people running our Org- Dan and Bruce- were complete clowns. These two idiots have cost this team over and over.

He Gets Us
Old 11-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I think Manusky has been decent as a coordinator, but he needs to find out why the last 2-3 minutes in the halves have been terrible. Needs to fix it.

But Ill continue to say this...not hiring Wade Phillips was a huge mistake and Its an embarrassing when Jim Schwartz refuses to take a meeting with your team because the Front office of Dan and Bruce is an absolute fucking joke. So remember, Dan and Bruce operation cost us an opportunity there.

People keep talking about Wentz, but Schwartz as the d-coordinator is the real reason why Philly is excelling this year. But it takes a lil bit of football acumen to understand that fact.
I really wanted Wade, but I don't think he's been as good this year as in the past, and I'm over that non-hire. Schwartz is a great DC, but he's not the kind the Skins would nearly ever hire, so again, that's really a non-factor.

Manusky and Gruden need to spend time over pizza looking at every end of half and end of game film from our games, then go and look at those of the coaches who are famous for their time management.

Somehow these two have to get it straightened out if the Skins want to compete this year or next.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #22
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I really wanted Wade, but I don't think he's been as good this year as in the past, and I'm over that non-hire. Schwartz is a great DC, but he's not the kind the Skins would nearly ever hire, so again, that's really a non-factor.

Manusky and Gruden need to spend time over pizza looking at every end of half and end of game film from our games, then go and look at those of the coaches who are famous for their time management.

Somehow these two have to get it straightened out if the Skins want to compete this year or next.
Why?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:55 AM   #23
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Wade has done a fine job with both Denver and now the Rams.

We got smoked by the Vikings defensively...Rams kept it competitive.

Minnesota defense...like I and others talked about before we played them...is real man shit, physical. They are ELITE.
Then maybe we should hire Minnesota’s DC!! JK

My point is, give Manusky a chance I think he has done a fine job. Like I said Norman hasn’t played well the last 2 weeks, due to ILB injuries our lack of depth is showing, Brown is playing hurt and is not as fast.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #24
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

a Non-factor? FFS

For god sakes...do we understand that Wade Phillips won Denver the superbowl? Do we understand it wasn't Peyton Manning or that offense that won through the playoffs? Wade Phillips won the superbowl period. Ask the players on that team.

And Jim Schwartz has Philly as the top team in the NFC and look like superbowl contenders? Wentz without that defense would look like Dak this year.

why in the fuck doesn't this matter?

He Gets Us
Old 11-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #25
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Why?
On Wade, I haven't watched recently, but in our game and the games around it, his defense didn't seem as stout as they would have been in the past. Looking at stats just now, the yardage seems to bear that out, but the points against don't. And with our talent maybe I would still want him, he probably would have gotten more out of ours I guess.

On Schwarz, 1- he's a dirty defensive coach. The last one of those we had was Williams, and I don't think we go that way again ever. 2nd, he's linked to Haynesworth, and given DS' history with AH, I doubt he would bring him in.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:16 AM   #26
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Philadelphia has assembled a hell of a defense, awesome LB’s, DT’s, signing Jernigan, trading for Darby and drafting Barnett were brilliant moves by their front office.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #27
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
a Non-factor? FFS

For god sakes...do we understand that Wade Phillips won Denver the superbowl? Do we understand it wasn't Peyton Manning or that offense that won through the playoffs? Wade Phillips won the superbowl period. Ask the players on that team.

And Jim Schwartz has Philly as the top team in the NFC and look like superbowl contenders? Wentz without that defense would look like Dak this year.

why in the fuck doesn't this matter?
Yeah, I have to ask the same thing. Wade or Schwartz would've been a heck of a hire.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Philadelphia has assembled a hell of a defense, awesome LB’s, DT’s, signing Jernigan, trading for Darby and drafting Barnett were brilliant moves by their front office.
Yeah but their clear difference maker is Wentz, that guy is a baller
Old 11-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #29
MTK
\m/

Not sure the DC would matter much when we’re down multiple key starters.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:48 PM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Not sure the DC would matter much when we’re down multiple key starters.
Nicholson looked promising early but he is too often injured as well, our CBs have been the bright spot, and DJ of course.

Breeland has been much better