NM Redskin
The Starter

Re: Official Andrew Luck Thread

Advertisements
Old 10-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #32
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I agree that about Moore and Foles. My guess is Tanneyhill would mean they have confidence in Beck for the next two to three years. Good for them, I suppose. I'd be down for going to right Moore to kick off the 2012 season
Old 10-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #33
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Redskin View Post
he's playing against SMU. Until SMU is known for their defense I'm not gonna bother watching more.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #34
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
That's terrible.
I believe the correct spelling is That's Turrribbbble.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:38 AM   #35
skins89moss
Playmaker

We won't suck enough to get Luck and forget about trading to get him. I don't won to mortage the farm to get Luck. As for Kellen Moore from Boise St. he looks great in the college game but he does not play in a strong conference. He is also on the short side for a NFL QB. We have to get a QB in the 2012 draft and I'm not talking about a backup QB we need a bona fide starter. We better do our home work for this draft on the QB's.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #36
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I really can't believe we have another thread on this guy.

Personally I think he's over rated. There will be other teams who will finish worse then the Skins who will have a better chance of getting him. and lastly... I think he did want to come out last year but knew his ole ball coach would not be able to get him in San Fran so he decided to stay in college. I'd put good money (if I had it) on the table that he comes out this year and San Fran makes a play for him. A big play. I think if San Fran can't move up to get him then they will offer whoever picks him a couple of players and a couple of picks just to trade for him.

So to me .... Luck is a moot issue. Who's the next best? of course that would fit in this system.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:15 AM   #37
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Anybody watch the game tonight? What a game!! Both QB's looked great especially Luck, Barkley held his own.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 10-30-2011, 03:40 AM   #38
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Anybody watch the game tonight? What a game!! Both QB's looked great especially Luck, Barkley held his own.
Matt Barkley + Robert Woods = Matt Leinart + DeWayne Jarrett

Translation. I don't want him or Woods
Old 10-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #39
Big C
Mr. Brightside

tannehill is a good shout. hes big and mobile (he was a wide receiver at tamu too)

Last edited by Big C; 10-30-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #40
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
tannehill is a good shout. hes big and mobile (he was a wide receiver at tamu too)
Yeah, there's a lot to like about Tannehill. Lack of experience is a concern. But I wouldn't mind if we got him in a later round.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-30-2011, 12:41 PM   #41
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Drafting Tannehill would set us back 5 years.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #42
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Drafting Tannehill would set us back 5 years.
Why?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #43
Landry44

Andrew Luck is an incredible qb. However, he's not the only great qb in this draft. I think it's 6 guys that's could be drafted in the first round. You have Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, RG3, Nick Foles, and Ryan Tannehill. Now I'm not sold all of these guys but I would much rather draft one of them before I trade away this draft and the next for Luck.

1) Landry Jones has great size, accuracy, good arm strength, and decent mobility. He's a really good qb. I think he would fit in well here like most of the qbs in this draft. My only problem with Jones is that he's inconsistent at times.

2) Matt Barkley isn't great at anything but he's solid at everything. He has average size, good arm strength, good accuracy, good decision making, and good mobility. When I look at this kid play I see a guy who can consistently make all of the throws. He will be a good qb at he next level in my opinion. I think he's a better fit for our offense than Landry Jones, but not as good as RG3 or Tannehill.

3)RG3 is the truth. I really, really do like this kid. He has average size, great accuracy, good arm strength, great decision making, and great mobility. I think that this kid is one of the best players in this draft. Out of all the qbs he fits our system better than any of them. His team has been overwhelmed this year at times, but he still performs at a high level. Even yesterday he team was completely outmatched on both sides of the ball and he stilll manage to pass over four hundred yards while completing 66% of his passes. It wasn't a great day but any means but it showed just how good of a passer he is. When he gets in the nfl and gets it. This kid is a probowl qb. I just don't think he's ready to start right away. He needs a year to really learn the our system.

4) Nick Foles is guy I like a lot. He has great size, great accuracy, good arm strength, and decent mobility. He's shown the ability to carry his team on his back. He would be a good pick for us at qb. The only thing is he will not be ready to start day one.

5) Ryan Tannehill is a interesting guy. I'm not sold on him like the first 4 prospects, but I think this guy has a lot of physical tools. I think he's good size, good accuracy, great mobility, and good decision making. I don't want us to draft him but he is very talented. He would fit in here because of his mobility and accuracy. I just think it's better options in this draft.

6) I really do like Kellen Moore. He's accuracy, smart, and a true leader. If he was a few inches taller and had a little more arm strength he would be a top 5 pick. This guy is an amazing player. I hope he gets a shot somewhere. I wouldn't be against the SKins drafting him as long as it's in the mid rounds.

In my opinion there are a lot of great options for us at qb. There is no reason for us to give up everything for Andrew Luck when we got like 5 guys that could come in and light it up in our offense. We have multiple needs on both the defense and offensive side of the ball. If we don't get the number one pick I would say Luck is out of the question. I would love to have him, but not at the price that it's going to take to get him.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #44
musicmaster45
Special Teams

I haven't sen tannehill. Moore and RGIII are good for us though because they are so consistently good and accurate. They both understand the game well and use that to their advantage. Hope we pick them up.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #45
Landry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Yeah, there's a lot to like about Tannehill. Lack of experience is a concern. But I wouldn't mind if we got him in a later round.
There is a lot to like about him. I'm just not sold on him. I would much rather draft Kellen Moore before I draft Tannehill.
Closed Thread