Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Redskins vs. 49ers) (Thread is Open)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #136
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Redskins vs. 49ers) (Thread is Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
theres a difference between coach speak and out right lying. i have been defending shanny because i reaaaallllly don't want to have to get another coach in a year or two, but you can't tell me you still buy anything he is selling. and i don't think there was ever a point in which shanny stuck up for mcnubb the way he stands up for beck. i would love nothing more for beck to be a solid starter for us for years, but now i don't even want him as a backup, i'd rather keep rex, if he'll stay. while rex will turn the ball over a few times he will at least try to put you in a spot to win by trying to make plays. beck is a proven loser that is just not a nfl caliber qb, and the thing that is scary is how shanny put his reputation on beck, and grossman for that matter. if he really still thinks beck can play in the nfl i am scared to see what happens with future qbs he brings in, because he lost a lot of cred with the move to stick with beck and rex this year. i just don't know how much we are hurting the development of our young receiving core by leaving beck in there to dump off to helu 100 times a week.
I'm not buying that either. Coaches probably don't sit back and feel guilty about saying nothing of importance to the media. I mean the only way you'd probably get honesty out of Shanahan regarding the qb situation is if you sat him down and injected truth serum in him. We're stuck with Beck and Grossman for the rest of the year. What do you expect him to say? Well shit, I ****ed up, and now we're screwed. Or, well Beck is my guy, and we're just gonna see where this goes. He'll say the latter every single time. And besides, when has he ever committed to Beck returning as the starter next season anyways?

And as far as Beck goes, the season's not over yet. Maybe, call me crazy, he settles down as he gets more experience and shows up something. Can't hurt to try, since it looks like the season is shot anyways.

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #137
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Re: Smoot Lays The Smack Down (Redskins vs. 49ers) (Thread is Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm not buying that either. Coaches probably don't sit back and feel guilty about saying nothing of importance to the media. I mean the only way you'd probably get honesty out of Shanahan regarding the qb situation is if you sat him down and injected truth serum in him. We're stuck with Beck and Grossman for the rest of the year. What do you expect him to say? Well shit, I ****ed up, and now we're screwed. Or, well Beck is my guy, and we're just gonna see where this goes. He'll say the latter every single time. And besides, when has he ever committed to Beck returning as the starter next season anyways?

And as far as Beck goes, the season's not over yet. Maybe, call me crazy, he settles down as he gets more experience and shows up something. Can't hurt to try, since it looks like the season is shot anyways.
crazy, although i am in the same boat, i know he sucks, but the burgundy and gold flowing through my veins still hopes he'll show up, httr

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote