Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 09:15 AM   #271
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I wouldn't be too sure that it's all in the past for TW. Snyder is still here and he just sat back, watched and did nothing to prevent BA from treating TW so poorly. I know that I'd be pissed off at Snyder if I were in TW's position.

Trent in his press conferences went out of his way to thank Snyder for his help in his cancer situation. Snyder let TW use his jet to get to the right hospital. That’s the kind of stuff that will help get Trent back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Advertisements
Old 01-18-2020, 09:57 AM   #272
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Ebron is a dumpster fire. If you can’t put up solid numbers with Matthew Stafford throwing to you, you need to GTFOH.

He was legit with Luck in Indy in 2018, 66 catches and 13 TDS

Old 01-18-2020, 10:27 AM   #273
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
He was legit with Luck in Indy in 2018, 66 catches and 13 TDS

Okay I’ll give you one season. 2018 he had top 5 TD numbers in the league. Zero other seasons has he had more than 5 TD in a season. Only one other season over 700 yards receiving. Every other season was 300-500 yards receiving. Not impressive as far as I’m concerned to only have one good season as long as he’s been playing with a top tier QB like Stafford.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
Old 01-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #274
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Okay I’ll give you one season. 2018 he had top 5 TD numbers in the league. Zero other seasons has he had more than 5 TD in a season. Only one other season over 700 yards receiving. Every other season was 300-500 yards receiving. Not impressive as far as I’m concerned to only have one good season as long as he’s been playing with a top tier QB like Stafford.

But I hear your point, personally I’d rather draft someone than spend big on Ebron

Old 01-18-2020, 11:54 AM   #275
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Ebron is the type of guy that will get overpaid in free agency. Him and Hooper. I would prefer to let Kyle Smith do his thing and come up with a TE in the mid rounds.

Look at Kittle? Complete TE that can do it all and is durable, 5th rounder. Kelce? 3rd rounder. Two of the best TE's are not 1st or 2nd rounders..

Kittle is going to reset the TE market and raise the salaries. Hooper, Ebron and others will no doubt get overpaid. I'd rather take the free agency money and get another corner or o-linemen.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:44 PM   #276
Warthog
The Starter

I think we’ll go into FA for TE with some money AND draft for the position this year. Right now we have NOTHING in the TE spot and we can’t just HOPE a draft pick will fill that gapping chasm.

I like Hooper over Ebron but Kyle will know the best player!

Flyboy.

Old 01-18-2020, 12:50 PM   #277
Warthog
The Starter

Isn’t it great that we actually have real player scouts and evaluators instead of that numbnut Bruce Allen.

Flyboy.

Old 01-18-2020, 03:15 PM   #278
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I actually thought Hentges looked ok.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:11 PM   #279
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Ebron is the type of guy that will get overpaid in free agency. Him and Hooper. I would prefer to let Kyle Smith do his thing and come up with a TE in the mid rounds.

Look at Kittle? Complete TE that can do it all and is durable, 5th rounder. Kelce? 3rd rounder. Two of the best TE's are not 1st or 2nd rounders..

Kittle is going to reset the TE market and raise the salaries. Hooper, Ebron and others will no doubt get overpaid. I'd rather take the free agency money and get another corner or o-linemen.
Look you are going to overpay in free agency 2 out of 3 times, but that’s the penalty you pay when you are negligent for years at TE.

Turner offense will require performance at TE and you can’t afford to swing and miss in the draft with an mid round selection. We absolutely should draft and sign a free agent TE. My best case scenario right now is Cameron Brate cut and we sign to a more reasonable deal than an Ebron/henry/hooper will fetch. Then draft the guy we want in the mid round...let him come in pressure free and learning in a new system.

But ebron, Henry and hooper will pay dividends immediately in our system. We have the cap room and paid 15 million for nothing last year. Why not get a baller?

Also look at receiver in free agency...that’s exactly where you would be stupid to spend money there with less proven or older guys coming off injuries...I’m gonna be fuckin livid If we hand out a Paul Richardson contract to WR in this free agency class.

But you point about not spending a 1st round on TE...I agree. TE and RB should rarely be taken in the first.

He Gets Us
Old 01-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #280
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Look you are going to overpay in free agency 2 out of 3 times, but that’s the penalty you pay when you are negligent for years at TE.

Turner offense will require performance at TE and you can’t afford to swing and miss in the draft with an mid round selection. We absolutely should draft and sign a free agent TE. My best case scenario right now is Cameron Brate cut and we sign to a more reasonable deal than an Ebron/henry/hooper will fetch. Then draft the guy we want in the mid round...let him come in pressure free and learning in a new system.

But ebron, Henry and hooper will pay dividends immediately in our system. We have the cap room and paid 15 million for nothing last year. Why not get a baller?

Also look at receiver in free agency...that’s exactly where you would be stupid to spend money there with less proven or older guys coming off injuries...I’m gonna be fuckin livid If we hand out a Paul Richardson contract to WR in this free agency class.

But you point about not spending a 1st round on TE...I agree. TE and RB should rarely be taken in the first.
I agree with overpaying in free agency. But the positions that I feel you do not overpay for in FA are RB, WR, safety and TE.

TE's are one of the more easier positions to get w/out paying a lot for. There are so many of them in the league right now and a lot are drafted in the 3rd round on. It's a position I feel you go get in the 3rd to 5th rounds. That is why I feel there is no need to overpay for players like Hopoer or Ebron. You can probably get their production in the draft and have them for 4 years paying cheap costs.

I would most certainly overpay for a RT cause I can't take another year of Moses shitting all over himself. I would overpay to resign Scherff. If RR chooses to keep Trent for a couple more years then overpay him.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:43 PM   #281
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I agree with overpaying in free agency. But the positions that I feel you do not overpay for in FA are RB, WR, safety and TE.

TE's are one of the more easier positions to get w/out paying a lot for. There are so many of them in the league right now and a lot are drafted in the 3rd round on. It's a position I feel you go get in the 3rd to 5th rounds. That is why I feel there is no need to overpay for players like Hopoer or Ebron. You can probably get their production in the draft and have them for 4 years paying cheap costs.

I would most certainly overpay for a RT cause I can't take another year of Moses shitting all over himself. I would overpay to resign Scherff. If RR chooses to keep Trent for a couple more years then overpay him.
I disagree right now with waiting til 3-5 round of the draft and then reaching for TE if it doesn’t fall your way. Like Keim started last year, we had TE lined up in the draft but prospects didn’t fall to them and they didn’t reach...so we can’t come away with nothing again. You can’t control the draft...you can control who you engage in free agency to get better.

There is no way I’m thinking about Moses with a developing Christian behind him and much bigger decisions right now with Trent, Schreff and flowers.

He Gets Us
Old 01-20-2020, 12:54 AM   #282
Warthog
The Starter

I think Christian will never amount to much. I’m an optimistic that Martin will move up to
the OL this season.

Flyboy.

Old 01-20-2020, 08:49 AM   #283
skinsfan69
Living Legend

[QUOTE=Warthog;1243247]I think Christian will never amount to much. I’m an optimistic that Martin will move up to
the OL this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Christian is too weak. He isn't strong enough to play at the NFL level.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:27 AM   #284
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

[quote=skinsfan69;1243259]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I think Christian will never amount to much. I’m an optimistic that Martin will move up to
the OL this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Christian is too weak. He isn't strong enough to play at the NFL level.
It’s a make or break for both Moses and Christian...Moses contract after 2020 becomes much easier to move on from and the new coaching staff will see if Christian’s development has come along well enough to replace Moses.

He Gets Us
Old 01-22-2020, 05:04 PM   #285
Warthog
The Starter

Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

After his terrible 2019 season, Moses will have competition this TC, either with a new OT draft pick and/or with a new OL FA and/or Martin, who did well later in the season. He’s just another veteran player with a blotted contract who underplayed with missed blocks and many drive-killing, penalties.

I wonder if Moses will be on the team in the 2020 season. The only reason he may get another season to prove himself is the massive amount of turmoil for the Redskin’s OL. The team needs to re-sign Trent Williams, Scherff, Flowers and maybe Penn, for depth. Martin will move up, perhaps to center. Moses needs to be replaced, but he’s not the biggest hole in the OL.

Flyboy.

Closed Thread