The Toilet Bowl Gameday Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-13-2019, 05:46 PM   #91
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: The Toilet Bowl Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
There is absolutely nothing to be impressed with except McLaurin and i feel bad for him having to be on this team. For all intensive purposes we tied Miami. We are no better than them, and have a zero.zero percent chance of winning another game. Only reason I even checked the score a few times while I was out enjoying my day is because I picked the Skins in my elimination pool.
Intents and purposes.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2019, 05:57 PM   #92
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Rosen is bad, I wanted to trade for him and glad we didn't. That was also because I didn't think we could get Haskins or Murray

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2019, 06:00 PM   #93
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Josh Rosen is not and never will be an NFL QB. If they had started Fitz instead of had him just play the 4th quarter the Redskins would have lost. Rosen had 55 net yards passing in 3 quarters on 25 attempts, throwing 2 picks and getting sacked 5 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Scary to think a lot of people wanted him. Granted we aren’t doing much better with what we do have but.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a UCLA fan who saw most of his games I never understood why. He only won half his starts in college, he usually laid eggs against better opponents and ran up his stats on poor ones. He always looked better in the box score than on the field, usually saving his mistakes for the worst possible times.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #94
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

A lot of people were big on him. QBs value will always be inflated. I bet with a decent o line and a run game he could be a Joe Flacco though.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:54 PM   #95
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Only two games out of 1st place with 10 to go...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #96
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
A lot of people were big on him. QBs value will always be inflated. I bet with a decent o line and a run game he could be a Joe Flacco though.
Lots of people shitting on him right now, but nobody gives the kid any sympathy for drawing the worst hand on entering a stable program that grooms kids to succeed.

If Mahomes and Rosen swapped careers we could be talking about Mahomes in a similar way right now.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:32 PM   #97
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

One noticeable improvement today, Redskins had 6 penalties.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:46 PM   #98
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Lots of people shitting on him right now, but nobody gives the kid any sympathy for drawing the worst hand on entering a stable program that grooms kids to succeed.

If Mahomes and Rosen swapped careers we could be talking about Mahomes in a similar way right now.
You can't be serious. Even though Fitzpatrick and Rosen have the same time in the system, Fitz looked good out there and Rosen was a deer in the headlights.
Watch Rosen, he often doesn't read the field, he locks on a receiver and tries holding the ball till the guy is clearly open. He has all the traits of a major bust. Rosen wasn't sacked 5 times because the Redskins developed the 85 Bears pass rush overnight.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:29 AM   #99
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome108 View Post
Cheeseburger Gruden woulda won this game just the same , I wasn’t impressed
The team would have lost this game with Gruden still the head coach.....the man doesn't know anything about making adjustments or sticking with the run, which were two key factors on why the Redskins won.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:54 PM   #100
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
You can't be serious. Even though Fitzpatrick and Rosen have the same time in the system, Fitz looked good out there and Rosen was a deer in the headlights.
Watch Rosen, he often doesn't read the field, he locks on a receiver and tries holding the ball till the guy is clearly open. He has all the traits of a major bust. Rosen wasn't sacked 5 times because the Redskins developed the 85 Bears pass rush overnight.
Jesus fucking christ, I was implying if Mahomes went through everything Rosen went through and landed on the pro teams Rosen has landed on maybe he wouldn't have the mental makeup to persevere through it either.

Rosen is clearly a bust, I'm just saying maybe in another world with a decent supporting cast and time to learn one system mayyyybe he could've been decent. We'll never know because he's damaged goods at this point.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:57 AM   #101
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Jesus fucking christ, I was implying if Mahomes went through everything Rosen went through and landed on the pro teams Rosen has landed on maybe he wouldn't have the mental makeup to persevere through it either.

Rosen is clearly a bust, I'm just saying maybe in another world with a decent supporting cast and time to learn one system mayyyybe he could've been decent. We'll never know because he's damaged goods at this point.
I posted a great SI article that references that point. It was in reference to Rosen and Haskins in particular but the stuff that Rosen has had to deal with he will never have a chance to develop.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:18 PM   #102
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Intents and purposes.

I finally realized wtf this meant. Lol. As opposed to for all intensive purposes. It has been crudely Americanized what can i say.....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote