Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Video of every throw by Vince Young last season

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Video of every throw by Vince Young last season

Vid is NOT mine nor would I have found it if it weren't for Lavarleap56(not his either) finding it and posting it on ES.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Re: Video of every throw by Vince Young last season

I watched a couple minutes of it,looked like every attempted throw,including sacks.Im not about to spend a hr n 1/2 watching it,someone else do it and tell me how it looks
Old 05-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Vince Young Has a History of Being Really, Really Sensitive to Criticism
Quote:
Today, the NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that this isn't the first time the Titans have had to deal with a dispirited, depressed and oversensitive Vince Young:
"There's a lot we don't know about Vince Young, but now there's more and more that we do know. We do know that in last season's wild-card loss to the Chargers, Young had a similar circumstance to the one he experienced during the opener.

He went in at halftime and basically had to be persuaded to go back out onto the field to play again against San Diego in the second half of that game -- very similar to the opener when he wanted to take himself out of the game.

You go back to his rookie year, they were scheduled to play the Philadelphia Eagles, and he missed a flight to Philadelphia. At that time, he acted as if it was the Titans fault that they left him behind, rather than it being his fault that he was late for the flight. He had to be persuaded to come to Philadelphia. He wanted the Titans to go on without him.

I think we have seen that Vince Young is really very vulnerable to criticism; he doesn't take to it very well like other NFL players ... I think there are some people who still think he's going to quit, others who think he will bounce back from this. But there are big questions about Vince Young moving forward.
Quote:
In-studio analyst Marshall Faulk makes a good point: Young has never had to face criticism in his high school and college career, and this is something entirely new for him.
I'd perfer the Skins passed on this head job. Either he's often injured or he's faking injuries so he doesn't have to go back out on the field but either way I don't thing our coaching staff needs another problem to worry about like having to coax a QB to go back on the field. Plus if he does have insecurity issues then DC is not the place for him. McNabb was bood, Grossman was bood, JC was bood, .... Young will definitly not make it here after one game of the fans booing him. Better not even waist the money on him.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post

I'd perfer the Skins passed on this head job. Either he's often injured or he's faking injuries so he doesn't have to go back out on the field but either way I don't thing our coaching staff needs another problem to worry about like having to coax a QB to go back on the field. Plus if he does have insecurity issues then DC is not the place for him. McNabb was bood, Grossman was bood, JC was bood, .... Young will definitly not make it here after one game of the fans booing him. Better not even waist the money on him.
Still thats from 3 years ago. A lot can change in three years, look at what Vick was able to do. I have no doubts that Young suffers from depression and I do admit that if these reports are true that they're a bit disturbing but I have to say my attitude towards that story changed drastically when I saw the date. As I said in another thread, his recent feud with Fischer stemmed from wanting to play hurt, not take himself out of the game so if anything he's made progress int hat area.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Still thats from 3 years ago. A lot can change in three years, look at what Vick was able to do. I have no doubts that Young suffers from depression and I do admit that if these reports are true that they're a bit disturbing but I have to say my attitude towards that story changed drastically when I saw the date. As I said in another thread, his recent feud with Fischer stemmed from wanting to play hurt, not take himself out of the game so if anything he's made progress int hat area.
Totally agree with you. A lot can change for better or worse; ie; Haynesworth.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Defensewins
Playmaker

Nothing wrong with bringing in VY for cheap to compete for a roster spot. The key is he has to come cheap. Both in cost to get him (none) and his contract has to be cheap.
He should be viewed as a backup who will compete with Beck and someone else (maybe Grossman) for the starting job.
It would be interesting to see VY run the naked bootlegs that MS likes because the defenses will have to be extra careful with VY's athleticism to make things happen on the edge. Especially if we can get our running game cranked up and if VY can get some accuracy and consistency going in the passing game. It would be tough to defend all of it. Our new WR's size (Hankerson) and speed (Aldrick Robinson) adds to this equation.
I am not saying this will definitely happen, I am just saying there is nothing to lose in trying it out.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Nothing wrong with bringing in VY for cheap to compete for a roster spot. The key is he has to come cheap. Both in cost to get him (none) and his contract has to be cheap.
He should be viewed as a backup who will compete with Beck and someone else (maybe Grossman) for the starting job.
It would be interesting to see VY run the naked bootlegs that MS likes because the defenses will have to be extra careful with VY's athleticism to make things happen on the edge. Especially if we can get our running game cranked up and if VY can get some accuracy and consistency going in the passing game. It would be tough to defend all of it. Our new WR's size (Hankerson) and speed (Aldrick Robinson) adds to this equation.
I am not saying this will definitely happen, I am just saying there is nothing to lose in trying it out.
Sums it up perfectly
Old 05-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
firstdown
Living Legend

I think of him as the exact type of player that we need to stay away from. He is a head case and we don't need any of that on our team.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I think of him as the exact type of player that we need to stay away from. He is a head case and we don't need any of that on our team.

Exactly. I don't even want to find out if he's salvagable or not. Pass. Even if he's free. Pass.

Everyone likes to make the deal sound soo sweet, but I keep seeing a Lemon.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Yup, agreed. I think that's exactly what we'll do... bring him in on the cheap and let him earn a spot. Nothing guaranteed.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #11
diehard
The Starter

I beg to differ. People don't change. Discipline lasts only as long as one's motivation.

Watching the tape, it seems as if Young doesn't have a lot of form and/or footwork. A lot of throws he makes looks like he playing 'hot potato' with his WRs and RBs.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #12
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Seems like the amateur psychologists are in full gear now.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #13
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post

Yeah, but last season, he was furious that he was "benched" by Fisher after sustaining a hand injury. You're "proof" that he is still the selfish faker does not hold much strength.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #14
diehard
The Starter

^ "Your" is misused for "You're" all the time. It's almost odd you did it the other way around...
Old 05-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #15
Son Of Man
Impact Rookie

Watched through the Giants game so far, my opinion hasn't changed. Get VY in here, let him compete to be the guy. We won't have to give up any draft picks and should be able to pay him modestly compared to other starting QB's. Worst case scenario is he stinks it up and we ship him out. Best case scenario, a 3rd overall pick talent puts it all together and leads our team for the next 5-8 years. Middle of the road, he is a solid starter who helps us win games, improves our running game (Jaime Dukes theory), takes pressure off of our ZBS style lineman and wins some games while we locate the QB of the future.