Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

Is Santana Moss Finally Getting What He's Been Asking For??

Thread Hell

Old 09-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
rd421

Is Santana Moss Finally Getting What He's Been Asking For??

Hey guys

I did a piece that has been starting some awesome discussions and I wanted your opinions.

After years of not having someone to remove pressure from Tana is this year finally the year it changes?

When Santana Moss arrived to Redskins Park in 2005, most experts where underwhelmed to say the least. The fact that Joe Gibbs would let go of a promising WR like Laverneous Coles for the smaller oft injured Moss left most experts scratching their head, wondering if Gibbs knew what it took to build a competitive modern football team.

It did not take Moss long to make his mark in DC, scorching the Cowboys for TD’s of 39 and 74 yards in a week two game that is referred to by Redskins faithful as the “Monday Night Miracle”. Over the last six years Santana has been arguably the Skins biggest playmaker, and is easily the best WR the Skins have had since Art Monk left the Capital.

Though Moss has been the down field threat that this team has needed, over the years his success has been limited by the lack of talent surrounding him.

For years WR’s have been trotted in and out of Redskins Park that were all touted as the guy who would take the pressure off Moss and to give him some room to breathe in coverage.

Brandon Lloyd, disaster. Antawaan Randel El, don’t even get me started. Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly both drafted to rejuvenate the receiving core, absolute busts.

After multiple draft pics and millions of dollars, there has not been anyone that has been able to legitimately take any pressure off Moss, who at times has showed the frustration with the lack of depth at the WR position.

Last year Anthony Armstrong emerged as a guy who could finally be the compliment Moss has waited for.

The former arena league player that once practiced in super market parking lots racked up 871 yards receiving in 2010. Armstrong’s emergence as a threat to stretch the field finally gave Moss some breathing room in coverage.

The result was Moss having a career year in catches with 93, and his second best year for yards with 1,115 (Moss had over 1,400 yards receiving in 2005).

Prior to the 2010 season the only threats this team has had to catch the ball have been Moss and Chris Cooley, this season it looks like that is going to change.

You can finish reading here If you like

What say ye?? Is the depth at WR enough for Moss to be the elite WR we all hope he can be?

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: Is Santana Moss Finally Getting What He's Been Asking For??

I am sure it's a great article but did you not read SmootSmack's reply to your last thread?

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post821413
Old 09-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
rd421

Ya but this isn't spam I want to hear intelligent convo on this topic i gave enough thought to where no one has to read the full blog i want to know if Gaffney and Armstrong are enough to free up Moss
Old 09-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Good read nice article, Moss has been an elite WR IMO, nice to see DF's have to finally game plan for everyone WR/TE/RB/FB. HTTR.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
rd421

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Good read nice article, Moss has been an elite WR IMO, nice to see DF's have to finally game plan for everyone WR/TE/RB/FB. HTTR.
What gets me the most pumped is what Rex said about Kyle he says this offense makes a WR open all the time that's going to be huge especially if the focus comes off Moss
Old 09-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I think you are right that Santana finally has some help at wideout. It is a bit ridiculous how long it has taken them to do this and how many times we've missed in acquiring that #2 WR (Lloyd, El, and Vinny's busts). Also, it seems that McCardell has done a good job as WRs coach, something that I think we lacked a bit before. Now I wonder how are we going to fare in the future at this position. Moss is no spring chicken, so I hope that between Armstrong, Austin, Paul, and Hankerson we find our next #1 and #2 receiver.

Also, I think finally running those two tight end sets will help open up our passing attack.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

This is slightly off topic but damn I love the burgundy on gold look we rock at home. It's so much more eye-popping than the burgundy jerseys/white pants look we used to sport before. I can't understand why they ever stopped using that look in the past. I hope we never change it again.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
rd421

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This is slightly off topic but damn I love the burgundy on gold look we rock at home. It's so much more eye-popping than the burgundy jerseys/white pants look we used to sport before. I can't understand why they ever stopped using that look in the past. I hope we never change it again.
I agree it's nice to see the colors
Old 09-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #9
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I am sure it's a great article but did you not read SmootSmack's reply to your last thread?

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post821413
Thank you Mr. Mini Moderator.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Moss has lost his elite speed, but he's still pretty damn agile. Gaffney runs some fine routes. He can burn people.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

Quote:
~~~~~
I am with you. They are sharp and definitely pop!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #12
DCtoAZ
Impact Rookie

I must say I'm impressed by Gafney .. i kinda thought like a lot of people .. why did we do this move ?? But is a nice addition and solid ... not to mention we are grooming @HANKTIME85 and not rushing him into anything ... I think by mid-season we are going to be saying that 85,10,89,13 are one of the better WR corps in the league .. not to mention DEPTH with a sick ass PR/KR in good ol Speedy Banks, young rooks, solid vet in Stallworth ... ugh I didn't even get to Austin .... god o mighty the Skins' have turned the ship around .. " that sleeping giant " the nfl has referred to since oh I don't know, 2001 has finally awoken and we are going to be some ass kickers for the next 3-5 years .. where can I get a BRUCE ALLEN jersey ?
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
Old 09-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #13
rd421

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCtoAZ View Post
I must say I'm impressed by Gafney .. i kinda thought like a lot of people .. why did we do this move ?? But is a nice addition and solid ... not to mention we are grooming @HANKTIME85 and not rushing him into anything ... I think by mid-season we are going to be saying that 85,10,89,13 are one of the better WR corps in the league .. not to mention DEPTH with a sick ass PR/KR in good ol Speedy Banks, young rooks, solid vet in Stallworth ... ugh I didn't even get to Austin .... god o mighty the Skins' have turned the ship around .. " that sleeping giant " the nfl has referred to since oh I don't know, 2001 has finally awoken and we are going to be some ass kickers for the next 3-5 years .. where can I get a BRUCE ALLEN jersey ?
Don't sleep on Niles Paul he looks like the real deal
Old 09-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #14
irish
Playmaker

Moss is a good WR but no way is he in the elite category.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #15
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
I agree. The yellow is really eye catching.
The yellow pants has to help our QB see his receivers better far down field with the traffic of lineman in front of him. Every little bit helps.