Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Wizards

Other Sports

Old 02-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
itvnetop
Playmaker

Wizards

Anyone follow hoops? These Zards look legitimate. John Wall has to be one of the top 3 pure point guards in the league right now- orchestrator on the offensive end and a pure beast defensively. Insane chemistry with Gortat. Porter has turned into the best 3 pt shooter in the league and Beal has started to look like a young Allan Houston. Markieff Morris may have been Ernie's best trade ever (not a tough bar to clear, let's be honest).

They've got to get some help off the bench, however. Backup point guard and instant offense are two needs right now for the second unit. Hopefully Mahinmi gets into playing shape soon.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-14-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Wizards

Dude, I wanted to make the thread bout a month ago, but nobody every really talks NBA and these ballers in DC.

Otto Porter and Morris have stepped their game up big time...but a healthy Beal is the difference. He is playing out of his mind.

Im thinking bout coming up for the Raptors game in a couple weeks.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #3
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Dude, I wanted to make the thread bout a month ago, but nobody every really talks NBA and these ballers in DC.

Otto Porter and Morris have stepped their game up big time...but a healthy Beal is the difference. He is playing out of his mind.

Im thinking bout coming up for the Raptors game in a couple weeks.
Beal is looking so damn money nowadays. I don't remember feeling this confident every game, even when Agent 0 was here. If the Wiz stay in the top 3 seeds, I think they're making it to the ECF.

my blather
Old 02-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Beal is looking so damn money nowadays. I don't remember feeling this confident every game, even when Agent 0 was here. If the Wiz stay in the top 3 seeds, I think they're making it to the ECF.
Scotty Brooks deserves a ton of credit, offensively he opened them up...Gaaaawd that old coach Whitman was effing terrible...so glad they moved on from him. He seemed like such a downer to the team.

Brooks has them having fun...never seemed like the Wiz were having fun, even when they were winning a couple years ago.

He Gets Us
Old 02-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #5
mredskins
MVP

Go Celtics!
Old 02-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Go Celtics!
they play ball like a bunch of ferries

He Gets Us
Old 02-14-2017, 03:19 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I will only be cautiously optimistic about the Wizards until Ernie Grunfeld is gone, but I'm happy to see them winning and taking the next step towards being dominant. Sadly thanks to my job my sports time has been cut back drastically (I can only watch games on the weekend) but me and my buddies were just talking about making it to at least one game before the season is over.

Amazing how little love Wall gets from fans and the rest of the NBA though, I can't even tolerate hearing that Kyrie is better and the fact that the fans didn't even vote him in as a starter for the All Star game is laughable. Yet another point that shows how nobody can take that game seriously in any sport (although I will admit I love the skills contests and I think the NBA does a way better job with the event than the NFL does).
Old 02-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #8
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I will only be cautiously optimistic about the Wizards until Ernie Grunfeld is gone, but I'm happy to see them winning and taking the next step towards being dominant. Sadly thanks to my job my sports time has been cut back drastically (I can only watch games on the weekend) but me and my buddies were just talking about making it to at least one game before the season is over.

Amazing how little love Wall gets from fans and the rest of the NBA though, I can't even tolerate hearing that Kyrie is better and the fact that the fans didn't even vote him in as a starter for the All Star game is laughable. Yet another point that shows how nobody can take that game seriously in any sport (although I will admit I love the skills contests and I think the NBA does a way better job with the event than the NFL does).
DC sports makes me cautiously optimistic all the way around haha. Can the Caps deliver in the playoffs after a dominating regular season?

Looks like Love is out six weeks after minor knee surgery. With the way the Cavs have been playing, it's not out of the question that they'd lose their top seed. Additionally, how much time will they need to get that chemistry back before the playoffs?

my blather
Old 02-14-2017, 05:10 PM   #9
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
DC sports makes me cautiously optimistic all the way around haha. Can the Caps deliver in the playoffs after a dominating regular season?

Looks like Love is out six weeks after minor knee surgery. With the way the Cavs have been playing, it's not out of the question that they'd lose their top seed. Additionally, how much time will they need to get that chemistry back before the playoffs?
Yup, exactly. I'm sitting here reading RMNB and checking the post game recaps for the Caps and it seems like deja-vu all over again. They could score more goals than the Oilers with Gretzky and I still wouldn't be impressed until they handle their business in the postseason. But we can save that discussion for the Caps thread, I'm happy to see the Wizards get a little attention here.

As for the Cavs, I wish I had been able to catch that game a couple weeks ago. I was following the gamecenter religiously in the 4th, I can't believe the Wizards let Lebron make that shot at the end. I agree that with Love out for 6 weeks there is a shot they lose the top seed, but will it matter in the end? I hate LBJ but you gotta respect the talent and his ability to dominate a game when it matters. I'm not sure we'll ever see the Wizards win a series against LBJ as long as he's playing.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:43 PM   #10
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
As for the Cavs, I wish I had been able to catch that game a couple weeks ago. I was following the gamecenter religiously in the 4th, I can't believe the Wizards let Lebron make that shot at the end. I agree that with Love out for 6 weeks there is a shot they lose the top seed, but will it matter in the end? I hate LBJ but you gotta respect the talent and his ability to dominate a game when it matters. I'm not sure we'll ever see the Wizards win a series against LBJ as long as he's playing.
Agreed- it's not smart money to ever bet against Lebron. He took the Warriors to 6 with Matthew Dellavedova as his sidekick two seasons ago! You can tell he's getting a little angsty this season... he's playing way too many minutes as it is. If the Cavs are smart, just rest him and let the seedings fall where they may. They would probably still go to the Finals as an 8 seed with a rested Lebron and Kyrie. But it definitely isn't a shoe-in against this current Wiz iteration.

my blather
Old 02-14-2017, 07:04 PM   #11
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Anyone follow hoops? These Zards look legitimate. John Wall has to be one of the top 3 pure point guards in the league right now- orchestrator on the offensive end and a pure beast defensively. Insane chemistry with Gortat. Porter has turned into the best 3 pt shooter in the league and Beal has started to look like a young Allan Houston. Markieff Morris may have been Ernie's best trade ever (not a tough bar to clear, let's be honest).

They've got to get some help off the bench, however. Backup point guard and instant offense are two needs right now for the second unit. Hopefully Mahinmi gets into playing shape soon.
2nd best trade. Lets not forget about Kwame for Caron.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:07 PM   #12
RedskinMike
Special Teams

They look like an Eastern Conference Finals team. I don't know if they can beat the Cavs in a series but I am starting to be a believer. How unreal would a Wiz/Warriors finals be(I know its unlikely).
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:31 PM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

We def need instant offense on the second unit...I think we need a shooter in a combo guard mold in that second unit. We don't have a floor stretcher there. We should be able to find one for a second round pick.

He Gets Us
Old 02-14-2017, 08:05 PM   #14
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
They look like an Eastern Conference Finals team. I don't know if they can beat the Cavs in a series but I am starting to be a believer. How unreal would a Wiz/Warriors finals be(I know its unlikely).
It would be quite unreal but we can still dream. Gotta get past the Cavs first though, which is a tall order by itself.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:14 PM   #15
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

They have played a disproportionate high amount of home games. They have a nasty mid March to early April road swing that is going to show if they are for real or not heading into the play-offs.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote