Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should the Redskins trade for Josh Rosen?
Yes 35 64.81%
No 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2019, 10:14 AM   #346
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,510
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

The nfl world is under the assumption that the Cardinals will draft Kyler Murray 1st overall...don't be surprised if they hold on to Rosen, trade back, and get multiple picks to stablize their roster....if I was a GM this notion would come to mind.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #347
los panda
Pro Bowl
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,158
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I have a fear that Rosen may not get moved until after the draft... at which point we offer up our 2020 1st rounder.
What gives you that fear? Are you thinking back on a similar situation from a previous draft?
__________________
9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:35 AM   #348
los panda
Pro Bowl
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,158
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
The nfl world is under the assumption that the Cardinals will draft Kyler Murray 1st overall...don't be surprised if they hold on to Rosen, trade back, and get multiple picks to stablize their roster....if I was a GM this notion would come to mind.
I think we're trading our 2nd round pick for Rosen on draft day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/c..._leaked_kliff/
__________________
9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #349
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,510
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
I think we're trading our 2nd round pick for Rosen on draft day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/c..._leaked_kliff/
Perhaps....but it still has to come to pass....I for one have a feeling that Kyler Murray will be a huge bust....Rosen to the Redskins has been the rumor for the past few weeks....but we just have to wait and see.....I'm not counting on attaining Rosen....
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:51 AM   #350
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,515
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

They’ll deal Rosen on draft day or very close to it. Once they draft Murray they lose even more leverage. They won’t wait until after the draft they’ll lose out on a 2019 pick that way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #351
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,384
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
What gives you that fear? Are you thinking back on a similar situation from a previous draft?
Just that the cardinals want a 1st and it doesn't seem like anyone will give it to them. If they don't get it, I can see, from their perspective, preferring to just get a 1st next year as opposed to a 2nd/3rd or whatever else theyre being offered this year.
__________________
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #352
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,510
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Just that the cardinals want a 1st and it doesn't seem like anyone will give it to them. If they don't get it, I can see, from their perspective, preferring to just get a 1st next year as opposed to a 2nd/3rd or whatever else theyre being offered this year.
With that said I hope the rumored deal to trade for Rosen DOESN'T consists of a 2020 1st rounder in addition to the rumored 2nd rounder this year....Allen would be silly enough to make that trade.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #353
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,384
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

The Cards are not in a "win now" mode. I think they'd rather have a 2020 1st than a 2019 second. Bruce and Jay are both in the hot seat. They'd rather trade a 2020 pick (when its possible one if not both of them will be gone) than lose a pick this year.
__________________
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:23 AM   #354
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,510
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
The Cards are not in a "win now" mode. I think they'd rather have a 2020 1st than a 2019 second. Bruce and Jay are both in the hot seat. They'd rather trade a 2020 pick (when its possible one if not both of them will be gone) than lose a pick this year.
Snyder acts like he doesn't have the guts to fire Bruce since his last name is Allen...
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #355
los panda
Pro Bowl
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,158
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
The Cards are not in a "win now" mode. I think they'd rather have a 2020 1st than a 2019 second. Bruce and Jay are both in the hot seat. They'd rather trade a 2020 pick (when its possible one if not both of them will be gone) than lose a pick this year.
If I'm GM of a team not expected to "win now", I'm trading my current picks for many more/higher picks in the next draft.

If I'm GM of the Patriots, I'm trolling every other team by publicly offering my 2020 1st for your 2020 1st, straight up.

Something along the lines of "The Chiefs know that they won't beat us in the playoffs, otherwise they'd make the trade."
__________________
9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:32 PM   #356
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,686
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
They’ll deal Rosen on draft day or very close to it. Once they draft Murray they lose even more leverage. They won’t wait until after the draft they’ll lose out on a 2019 pick that way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. Deal goes down before the draft starts.

Also a slight possibility the Redskins get on the clock at 15 and none of the college QBs look appetizing, so they'd be in a low leverage situation and the Cards would be in a low leverage situation, which balances out and they come back to the 2nd rounder and do the deal then.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:30 AM   #357
Defensewins
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,554
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

On the film look at his feet. Terrible footwork. This guys a project, not ready to start.
Bill Walsh one of the best QB evaluaters always preached footwork is the most important fundamental of QB play. Watch their feet, are they decisive and throw or do they look unsure. Rosen looks unsure.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ho2E4i...fauxfullscreen
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #358
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,274
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
On the film look at his feet. Terrible footwork. This guys a project, not ready to start.
Bill Walsh one of the best QB evaluaters always preached footwork is the most important fundamental of QB play. Watch their feet, are they decisive and throw or do they look unsure. Rosen looks unsure.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ho2E4i...fauxfullscreen
Looks like you and I are the only people giving him a thumbs down. I don't like him from what I saw watching a lot of UCLA games. I didn't see him play for the Cardinals. My knocks were lack of signature wins, one of those guys who looked better in the box score than on TV. He put up huge numbers against weak defenses, while making crucial mistakes at the worst possible times against better teams. Does that sound familiar?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:24 AM   #359
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 2,104
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Looks like you and I are the only people giving him a thumbs down. I don't like him from what I saw watching a lot of UCLA games. I didn't see him play for the Cardinals. My knocks were lack of signature wins, one of those guys who looked better in the box score than on TV. He put up huge numbers against weak defenses, while making crucial mistakes at the worst possible times against better teams. Does that sound familiar?


You’re not the only ones. I’d pass on Rosen for exactly the reasons you’ve identified. Two close friends are huge UCLA fans (watch and dissect every game) and they can’t stand him. They’d echo your assessment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:44 AM   #360
Irrefutable
The Starter
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,499
Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
On the film look at his feet. Terrible footwork. This guys a project, not ready to start.
Bill Walsh one of the best QB evaluaters always preached footwork is the most important fundamental of QB play. Watch their feet, are they decisive and throw or do they look unsure. Rosen looks unsure.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ho2E4i...fauxfullscreen
This could be one of the issues Charlie Casserly was referring to when he was critical of Rosen during the Comcast Redskins Draft Special. He also said Rosen had an attitude that POed teammates and coaches.

No Thanks
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.17480 seconds with 13 queries