Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Per Vinny Cerrato, JC is our QB this season!

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Will Jason Campbell Be Our Starting QB Opening Day 2010?
Yes 158 71.49%
No 63 28.51%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #31
Nflnick11
Special Teams

Re: Per Vinny Cerrato, JC is our QB this season!

Notice how vinny said Jason is our QB, and didn't say our starting QB...maybe colt is...no I wish, and am slightly joking, but cutler is a great QB wherever he goes, it won't be here this year, simply because zorn and Jason have a thing right now, and he is still learning our offense...and how do we not know that colt maybe be the next jay cutler..??
Nflnick11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #32
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nflnick11 View Post
Notice how vinny said Jason is our QB, and didn't say our starting QB...maybe colt is...no I wish, and am slightly joking, but cutler is a great QB wherever he goes, it won't be here this year, simply because zorn and Jason have a thing right now, and he is still learning our offense...and how do we not know that colt maybe be the next jay cutler..??
So you think Colt is going to complain to be traded next year?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #33
John Denny
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
We would have to give our first and our third if we were lucky. Probably Campbell, our first this year and our first next year. I am willing to do either.
Thank God your not the GM.
John Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #34
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Denny View Post
We should throw in Haynesworth too. I don't want the broncos to think that we are low balling them.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #35
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
We would have to give our first and our third if we were lucky. Probably Campbell, our first this year and our first next year. I am willing to do either.
April Fool's, right?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #36
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You'd be surprised, I'm surprised, at how many teams want The Colt. Everyone, well a lot of people, think they can make him a star if they could just spend a couple of years developing him.
I'm not surprised at all, not one single bit. Just for the record, I agree he will be developed and groomed under Zorn. And IMO he will be the next star/future QB to lead this team to where we want to be.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #37
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You'd be surprised, I'm surprised, at how many teams want The Colt. Everyone, well a lot of people, think they can make him a star if they could just spend a couple of years developing him.
I feel the same way.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #38
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think it'd be ridiculous if Cutler is brought here. I think it'd be a heck of a gamble on VCs part. Basically if Cutler doesn't work out, VC would be gone. I just don't think any QB could come in and integrate himself into Zorn system's right away. This might be crazy but if we were to get Cutler and Denver's 2nd rounder for JC and next year's 2nd rounder or something like that this may work, although I don't know how much this would make sense.

Although I personally would be tempted to get Cutler, this offense sucks period. I think Jason is a really good QB, but shit can't really be a superstar or even a pro bowler with the crap he has to work with in our WR corp. This shit makes me think maybe Gus didn't have it so bad with Westbrook and Connell. Hell, I would even want Leslie Sheppard of '95 over most of our WRs. I guess my point is I don't think it is going to matter who is the qB this season. Unless Kelly and Thomas give us some bona fide production, even if it is not so big numberswise, our offense is going to suck like '08. CP can't carry the load forever for this team and he isn't getting any younger for all the punishment he is taking. Thank God they did get Haynesworth. If this guy produces, it should be good for 1-2 more turnovers a game. That might be all we need to get a few more Ws and get a wildcard next season. To me the Cutler/Campbell stuff is pointless unless the line and receivers step it up.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #39
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Regarding the title of this thread, it would be correct if Jason Campbell is the QB or if Jay Cutler is the QB.

Should the Skins trade for Cutler? No.

Would the Skins trade for Cutler if they had the opportunity to do so? Probably.

If Jay Cutler has such a thin skin that he wants out after his new coach entertained the possibility of trading him, imagine how he will react to the warm and fuzzy environs in DC when he botches his first game. \

The Broncos should trade him to the Lions and let him get hammered for the rest of his contract there.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

This is unconfirmed.

However, an inside source says a trade will bring Jay Cutler to Washington is almost complete.

The leak came roughly about one hour ago. Negotiations between Cutler’s agent, Pat Bowlen, Daniel Snyder, and the Cleveland Browns management have been ongoing for a few days and all sides seem to be happy.

The deal would see Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler, and Cleveland’s third round pick going to Washington.

Jason Campbell and Chris Cooley going to Cleveland and one of Denver’s fifth round picks.

Brady Quinn going from Cleveland to Denver, and LaRon Landry from Washington will be going to Denver. We thought that the Bailey-Portis trade was big. "ProFootballTalk.com"
Old 03-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #41
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This is unconfirmed.

However, an inside source says a trade will bring Jay Cutler to Washington is almost complete.

The leak came roughly about one hour ago. Negotiations between Cutler’s agent, Pat Bowlen, Daniel Snyder, and the Cleveland Browns management have been ongoing for a few days and all sides seem to be happy.

The deal would see Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler, and Cleveland’s third round pick going to Washington.

Jason Campbell and Chris Cooley going to Cleveland and one of Denver’s fifth round picks.

Brady Quinn going from Cleveland to Denver, and LaRon Landry from Washington will be going to Denver. We thought that the Bailey-Portis trade was big. "ProFootballTalk.com"
This is also ridiculous.

If we traded Landry, Campbell, AND Cooley, the fan base would implode and the locker room would be in bad shape. I can't see this happening, even if value-wise it made sense.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:02 PM   #42
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Denny View Post
Old 03-17-2009, 11:03 PM   #43
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
You're missing my point. My point is, if there were talks going on, Vinny wouldn't say a thing about it. He'd deny it just like he is now. I hope he's telling the truth, but just because he's saying we have no interest doesn't mean it's true.

Yeah, I mean come on. These guys deny crap all the time, even within minutes of signing the guy they have just denied even talking to. Doesn't matter if it is the NFL, NBA, etc. Cerrato would be a total idiot to admit any interest in Cutler at this juncture no matter if they want him or not. Personally the Skins are crazy to think about this, but if they go for it, it better be a straight up trade.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:06 PM   #44
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This is unconfirmed.

Unconfirmed.....maybe a little understatement ya think...?

Sure would be nice to know who that inside source is.......

None of that makes any sense to me! I'll believe it when I see it!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:08 PM   #45
53Fan
Franchise Player

All this crap sounds like someone is trying to stimulate interest in Cutler to me. All you have to do is say the Skins are involved to get better offers for him.