RAMS Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-14-2020, 07:16 AM   #106
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: RAMS Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Very relevant and good read for the fans of tanking here. I also agree with your above post. And I don't have any defense for Rivera's not trying to win games early on, but it's not going to be a big deal to me unless it continues the entire year.

@French: I hate to say it because I hate the leaks too, but that's been a long time part of the culture around here and it's going to take more than a HC change to change that going forward.
You're probably 100% right... but the beginning of the season had me hoping the culture change was already a thing. Maybe it's just not to that extent yet...

Advertisements
Old 10-14-2020, 08:23 AM   #107
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
4 = number of wins our next 6 opponents have combined (4 against NFCE)
1 = number of games back

I can see how Ron thought coming into this year it would be an eval year. Then the NFCE shits the bed, he looks at the schedule and thinks there is a chance that they could actually make something of this season.

So he thinks if Kyle Allen can just run the playbook, defense plays decent .... theres a chance.

not so crazy talk ... theres still a chance. We could very well be 6-6 if we go 4-2 over the next 6.
This is true...but my issue is we don’t look like a competent football, much less competitive. Also, my big takeaway from 5 weeks is we are lacking talent at the and have vastly overpaid for guys giving us nothing.

Cooley brought this up, our top 3 big cap hits we get nothing from:

Alex Smith .... bigly mistake. He can’t play at all, he’s god awful

Collins...paid as a top 5 safety, plays like a JAG

RK...great first game, nothing since.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:28 AM   #108
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Some of you are real optimistic. Not sure why. This team has like 4 good players.

What is the situation w/ Foster and Holcolm? I'd get them on the field. The LB are serious JAGS. They remind me of Mason Foster types.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:31 AM   #109
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Some of you are real optimistic. Not sure why. This team has like 4 good players.

What is the situation w/ Foster and Holcolm? I'd get them on the field. The LB are serious JAGS. They remind me of Mason Foster types.
Logan Thomas is the mason foster of Tight ends

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:33 AM   #110
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Yeah this is why I said 6-10 tops and hell they won't even get to 6 wins.. I was way too high on RR and Del Rio, IMO both have not impressed
Old 10-14-2020, 08:34 AM   #111
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Alex Smith will target him 10 times a game soon
Old 10-14-2020, 08:40 AM   #112
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It is a total epic failure to have a college QB who has never done anything at TE come in and be your starter. You have Thomas and Sprinke as your TE's. Any arm chair GM could find better solutions than these two. There are guys that went undrafted that had to be better than these two.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #113
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
It is a total epic failure to have a college QB who has never done anything at TE come in and be your starter. You have Thomas and Sprinke as your TE's. Any arm chair GM could find better solutions than these two. There are guys that went undrafted that had to be better than these two.
When folks on here were saying "TE isn't that big of a deal" They now know why most of us were bitching about it all off season.

There is maybe 4 legit starters on the offense.

Terry
Gibson
Moses
BS (when he is healthy)

This roster is as bad as we've ever seen
Old 10-14-2020, 08:46 AM   #114
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah this is why I said 6-10 tops and hell they won't even get to 6 wins.. I was way too high on RR and Del Rio, IMO both have not impressed
Allen and Payne have been huge failures. I thought the 4-3 would help them makes more plays. Outside of week 1 they're not doing much. I watched Donald dominate the game last week, just wrecked our offense - and Allen and Payne can't do shit, can't touch Donald.

And if you're Scott Turner why did he leave Martin alone blocking Donald? How stupid can you be?
Old 10-14-2020, 08:58 AM   #115
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Allen and Payne have been huge failures. I thought the 4-3 would help them makes more plays. Outside of week 1 they're not doing much. I watched Donald dominate the game last week, just wrecked our offense - and Allen and Payne can't do shit, can't touch Donald.

And if you're Scott Turner why did he leave Martin alone blocking Donald? How stupid can you be?
I have been saying for 2 years now that Allen isn't very good. He literally goes games without making an impact... The "Bama wall" is soft as fuck
Old 10-14-2020, 08:59 AM   #116
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:

The Turner hiring is looking bad so far.. I hope this doesn't mean Rivera will become the next Gruden - couldn't find a right coordinator to save his job (defense coordinator in Gruden's case).
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:03 AM   #117
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
You're probably 100% right... but the beginning of the season had me hoping the culture change was already a thing. Maybe it's just not to that extent yet...
Depends on whether the leaks are sanctioned by RR or not. There could be staff remaining from the previous regime trying to undermine him or just not bought in to the new regime. If he's sanctioning the leaks, then he's a) playing the game most others do anyway and/or b) its a direct undermining of Snyder.

If its the latter he could be just doing it to keep Snyder out of the kitchen ("See Dan, this is why we need the culture change and you need to leave me to run the football operation"). I'm not sold that he'd be deliberately trying to get Snyder to take the blame ("It's his culture") and accelerate the sale of the team.

In reality culture change doesn't happen overnight, except if you have a massive cull (night of the long knives style?!). I wouldn't be surprised if there were remnants of the BA era still muddying the waters. OTOH I'd expect them to be exposed by leaks like these and RR and Jason Wright to be in the process of rooting them out. If so, then they'll be handled the usual way; public firing if they want a message sent (though given the outside view of the franchise that could be pouring on fuel) or they'll be ushered out quietly and the leaks will just dry up.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:30 AM   #118
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I have been saying for 2 years now that Allen isn't very good. He literally goes games without making an impact... The "Bama wall" is soft as fuck
I gotta stick up for our boys here. Allen had something like 8 tackles last week, yes they were quiet tackles as I didnt notice him impacting the game watching it live. Payne is causing disruption, collapsing the pocket at times.

Allen and Payne are very good IDL. Just because they are not turning into an Aaron Donald or Fletcher Cox like we hoped, doesnt mean they arent carrying their weight. Last year and this year, you do not see teams try to run up the middle very much. Allen and Payne force teams to run at the edges and outside. Having players which force the other teams coaches to scheme around is a plus and a compliment.

Unfortunately ... I do think we over invested our resources in DL. We are not going to be able to resign Allen (1 year left after this) and Payne (2 yrs).

They are both plus players but I would like to see more of them beating their guy off the line when its 1 v 1.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #119
rocnrik
Playmaker

Watching rewind of game ... I can’t believe how bad this team looked ... wow
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:06 AM   #120
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post