Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Where does D. Hall rate as a CB for the Redskins all time?

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #151
MTK
\m/

Re: Where does D. Hall rate as a CB for the Redskins all time?

This thread sure was destined for greatness eh?

holy face palm

Advertisements
Old 08-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #152
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
This thread sure was destined for greatness eh?

holy face palm
Very glad I didn't wake up on Friday and open that "The Redskins should release DeAngelo Hall" thread as I planned to.

Though in all honesty, the difference between a thread asking us to rate him amongst all time Skins corners and one debating the merits of releasing him aren't really going to yield a different discussion.

Which to me is sad. As long as people believe in Hall hating-strawmen, we'll never get past the big plays vs. bad coverage debate.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #153
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
LOL at pro bowl MVP. Quit with the biased crap. Stick to facts.
How can you post this and not think people would say you're hating?
Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #154
skinsnut
Playmaker

This thread reeks of ...damn we are desperate for some damn football...we need something to fight for!!

C'mon Regular season!!

Who really gives a crap?
I could care less...just snap the damn ball already!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #155
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
This thread reeks of ...damn we are desperate for some damn football...we need something to fight for!!

C'mon Regular season!!

Who really gives a crap?
I could care less...just snap the damn ball already!
LOL. Hate to break it to you, but I'm sure this topic will be brought back during the regular season.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-29-2011, 09:39 PM   #156
Bucket
Playmaker

Didn't recap on the threads I missed while I was gone, but I'm sure it's full of Gtripp talking more about Hall and how he disappoints his greatest expectations.

I will say that we will never see eye, to eye on this subject as I support Hall and all he's done while in a Redskins uniform, and i'm excited to see what our secondary can do when we are at full strength with a great pass rush for once.

For every negative, I can bring back a positive. So i'll just let it go, and let D. Hall do the talking this season
Old 08-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #157
12thMan
MVP

So this thread hasn't crossed over into question 3 territory, but I have a feeling it might give it a run for it's money before the season's over.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #158
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
How can you post this and not think people would say you're hating?
Why would they? I don't follow the thought process.

I'm a wrong to laugh up the pro bowl MVP award? Who in their right mind uses that?

How is that different from the Carlos Rogers media good guy award, something I didn't cite because it has nothing to do with anything?

Last edited by GTripp0012; 08-29-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #159
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
Why would they? I don't follow the thought process.

Because you question the facts that I state about Hall, and shake your head, but bring your own to the table thinking they are better without question. Then get confused when people think you're biased because your only open minded to your own opinions and not anyone elses.

You hate Hall.. Point blank, end thread. Period.... We've come come to understand this.

To put this thread back on toward it's topic. I do think Hall has a long way to go to be compared to D. Green, and Bailey, but at 27 I think he is now going into his prime, and after having a great year last season even in one of the worse defenses, I think the only way he can go is up.

I would put him top 10 at the moment for Redskin DB greats.

Last edited by Bucket; 08-29-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #160
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Because you question the facts that I state about Hall, and shake your head, but bring your own to the table thinking they are better without question. Then get confused when people think you're biased because your only open minded to your own opinions and not anyone elses.

You hate Hall.. Point blank, end thread. Period.... We've come come to understand this.
If I hate Hall, then you hate me. Sorry, but if critical equals hate, you're a GTripp hater. End of thread.

I think if you spent less time psychoanalyzing what I think, this thread would be far more productive and less-time consuming.

Let's call this what it is: you're not biased against me. You just think I'm wrong. I'm not biased against DHall. I just think you're wrong.

Last edited by GTripp0012; 08-29-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #161
Bucket
Playmaker

I'm here speaking on D. Hall, and have no opinion of you what so ever. I hear your opinions about how you feel about D. Hall, and I state my own. That is how forum boards work most of the time. I simply speak on behalf of your posts, and how you present them. I do not break it down and actually construct towards the poster himself.

I disagree with your opinions because you haven't given me a reason to change my mind or undo my thoughts about how I feel about D. Hall, and his place in the Redskins secondary for the present or future.

I didn't think I labeled the thread, "Why I think Gtripp is wrong" I simply wanted the opinion of a large scale Washington fan base, but there has been many posts thinking you are biased towards Hall even before I made this thread. None so vice versa.

Last edited by Bucket; 08-29-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:52 PM   #162
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
This is to both you and SmootSmack.

The reason why this position makes no sense to me is that the argument is circular.

Here's my diagram of it.

Stats hate DeAngelo Hall -> Only people who use CB stats are Hall haters -> GTripp likes to use stats -> GTripp is a Hall Hater -> GTripp likes to use stats because of hate for Hall -> Those who agree with GTripp or stats hate Hall -> I appreciate Hall -> The stats GTripp uses are wrong -> GTripp can't see the stats are wrong because he hates Hall.

Circular reasoning is fallacious and can lead to fallacious conclusions.

Not one of the premises above is true, but all are believed to lead to the final conclusion.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #163
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
I would put him top 10 at the moment for Redskin DB greats.
Not to nitpick, but if you consider Safeties he's got a ton of work to do to get into the Top 10 Redskin DB greats:

D. Green
Champ Bailey
Pat Fischer
Paul Krause
Joe Lavender
Mike Bass
Sammy Baugh (if he's considered a CB and not a S)

Ken Houston, Brig Owens, Sean Taylor, Mark Murphy
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.

Last edited by Slingin Sammy 33; 08-29-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #164
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm here speaking on D. Hall, and have no opinion of you what so ever. I hear your opinions about how you feel about D. Hall, and I state my own. That is how forum boards work most of the time. I simply speak on behalf of your posts, and how you present them. I do not break it down and actually construct towards the poster himself.

I disagree with your opinions because you haven't given me a reason to change my mind or undo my thoughts about how I feel about D. Hall, and his place in the Redskins secondary for the present or future.

I didn't think I labeled the thread, "Why I think Gtripp is wrong" I simply wanted the opinion of a large scale Washington fan base, but there has been many posts thinking you are biased towards Hall even before I made this thread. None so vice versa.
None? I think you're just uninformed. I have a pro-Hall post or two in this thread. Again, you stated you didn't go back and read because you could just assume what my position is.

The fact that my posts which support the premise that Hall isn't very good outnumber the ones that suggest we're lucky to have him is NOT indicative of bias. It's you're attempt to prove otherwise that has drawn my ire.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #165
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
This is to both you and SmootSmack.

The reason why this position makes no sense to me is that the argument is circular.

Here's my diagram of it.

Stats hate DeAngelo Hall -> Only people who use CB stats are Hall haters -> GTripp likes to use stats -> GTripp is a Hall Hater -> GTripp likes to use stats because of hate for Hall -> Those who agree with GTripp or stats hate Hall -> I appreciate Hall -> The stats GTripp uses are wrong -> GTripp can't see the stats are wrong because he hates Hall.

Circular reasoning is fallacious and can lead to fallacious conclusions.

Not one of the premises above is true, but all are believed to lead to the final conclusion.
Like I said, and you must of missed it because of your blind hatred.

Stats are misleading. We had the 31st ranked defense, and even though our secondary was weak because we lost Landry, and Moore was our starting FS. Our Dline, LB's were more to blame and it's not only my opinion.

Defense works together, and a great CB can be molded from a great defense. There is many reasons why some players leave systems on both offense and defense and don't excel in other programs.

So comparing a CB stats for yards giving up etc when the defense was NEVER off the field for most games, and we had one of the worse pass rushes in the NFL is kinda like saying Tom Brady sucked in the Super Bowl against the Giants, and it had nothing to do with his Oline breaking down.

Or Randy Moss playing for the Raiders, and then coming to the Pats to have one of his best seasons in his career?

But we are biased because of your "stats"
Closed Thread