Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How Low Can We Go? Redskins @ Giants Postgame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-30-2019, 12:20 PM   #106
Burgold
Special Teams

Re: How Low Can We Go? Redskins @ Giants Postgame Thread

I'm not surprised because this is what we've been reduced to,can anyone say-P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C..oh and our next opponent almost lost yesterday and they're gonna be pissed when they get here,did I mention that they happen to be the camps of the league while we're the chumps of the league..I'm calling it now-Pats 51-Skins 14!!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2019, 12:23 PM   #107
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

How fun will it be when manusky has been the dc for 2 0-16 teams..
Old 09-30-2019, 12:25 PM   #108
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Is it on the coaching staff though? Do we really think our coaches and Saban for the matter never coached Ryan Anderson up about a boot leg?

Or perhaps Ryan Anderson is just a tweener and a JAG. To small to play the line, to slow in speed and reaction, to slow to read and react. A special teams at best player who is too small and slow who will get his 3.3 years in the league.

I think we need to hold the players accountable as well. If we get Payne 1-on-1 with an interior lineman, we should expect him to win that battle at least 50% of the time. Or Kerrigan or Allen etc, these are supposed to be blue chip talent, if they get 1-on-1, they should occasionally win some of these 1-on-1s.

edit - Im not saying its not about the coaches but these players are just as much to blame imo.
I guess I should clarify, the coaches are partly to blame but if you want to get real technical about it Ryan Anderson deserves blame too. Either way between him and Holcomb we have 2 guys who aren't cutting it at mike.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:27 PM   #109
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
I'm not surprised because this is what we've been reduced to,can anyone say-P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C..oh and our next opponent almost lost yesterday and they're gonna be pissed when they get here,did I mention that they happen to be the camps of the league while we're the chumps of the league..I'm calling it now-Pats 51-Skins 14!!!
That's real generous gifting us two td's.

I'm gonna say it will be 45-0 or 49-3.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:30 PM   #110
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
How fun will it be when manusky has been the dc for 2 0-16 teams..
I think 1-15 or 2-14. The Dolphins are trying to tank, we should at least beat them.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:45 PM   #111
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Dunbar had a 94.2 Coverage Grade, highest of the season so far for any CB
Old 09-30-2019, 12:58 PM   #112
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I disagree. We have numerous young players with excellent potential on D. Our defensive coordinator is pathetically bad and that is the root of most of our problems on that side of the ball.

Besides Payne and Allen and Dunbar who else would you consider to have excellent potential?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:06 PM   #113
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I think that's a euphemism, kinda like "in the end, the Titanic had several compartments that didn't flood. Unfortunately it didn't make a difference."

Dunbar played well no doubt, but they should've had him or Norman shadow Sterling Shepard. It got old seeing them move Shepard into the slot so he could beat our linebackers in coverage.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:10 PM   #114
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Besides Payne and Allen and Dunbar who else would you consider to have excellent potential?
Moreau, Moreland, Holcomb, Settle, and Ioannidis. And it's still too early to write Sweat off.

I want to put Collins in this list but I'm not sure if Collins's struggles are 100% on coaches..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:23 PM   #115
jamf
Pro Bowl

Holcomb was the worst player on the field yesterday, that's saying something.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:27 PM   #116
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
I think Ioanidis when he isn't two gapping.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:40 PM   #117
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

How Low Can We Go? Redskins @ Giants Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Moreau, Moreland, Holcomb, Settle, and Ioannidis. And it's still too early to write Sweat off.

I want to put Collins in this list but I'm not sure if Collins's struggles are 100% on coaches..

Oh man Ill sort of give you Ioannidis although he has taken a step back this year. Collins ? No. Just no. Especially not at that money. Holcomb was atrocious yesterday. So was Moreau. Moreland was great in preseason. Settle meh. You are just listing young players. None of them have excellent potential. Not that they have shown on the field anyway.
Of course Im willing to say without the worst DC in the game they all might have it. But that is still an if.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:38 PM   #118
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Why isn't Ryan Anderson better?
Why was he drafted in the 2nd round is the real question.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:59 PM   #119
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Oh man Ill sort of give you Ioannidis although he has taken a step back this year. Collins ? No. Just no. Especially not at that money. Holcomb was atrocious yesterday. So was Moreau. Moreland was great in preseason. Settle meh. You are just listing young players. None of them have excellent potential. Not that they have shown on the field anyway.
Of course Im willing to say without the worst DC in the game they all might have it. But that is still an if.
Lol I gotta tell you that you are allowing your frustrations to cloud your evaluation, just like many people are and I don't blame you guys at all. After all, we are falling to the bottom of sea pretty fast. I just realized that you typed excellent talents, I read your comment too quickly and thought of talents alone in general. But then, not many teams have several players with excellent talents so I'm going to discuss about talents in general.

Yes, Holcomb and Moreau had a bad game yesterday. Thus, in your perspective, that game alone negates every other games they played? Moreland fell to 7th round for a reason, and in my opinion, he exceeded expectations for 7th round player, which is to contribute on a regular basis. Yes he gave up big plays, but he also made some plays. It is coaches' job to put players in position to make plays, maximizing players' strengths and mask their weaknesses. We have amazing D-line and Manusky couldn't even utilize it. Preston Smith didn't do much with us and yet he's becoming an important piece for Green Bay. Trent Murphy haven't made his name in NFL but he is a starter for Buffalo defense which has been pretty good unit for last two or three years. Murphy looked like a JAG except for last few games when he was here. Collins is starting to look like a bust considering the size of his contract. Collins has his limitations, we all know that, and yet he is exposed frequently. This is 100% on Manusky and Horton.

I have been Gruden's supporter ever since he came here, I appreciate what he did for Redskins - he helped bring Redskins out of the shit we were in before. It is now evident that Gruden's time with us has passed, he had multiple opportunities with us but he couldn't find a defense coordinator and it cost him his job. Despite the fact that we are falling down pretty fast, we do have some talents on this team. I honestly believe we do have some pieces that will entice some candidates. We just need to get rid of all players that are not giving what we need from them, then build on the young players we have.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:18 PM   #120
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Nice. I like Dunbar but I still under estimate him bc of his backstory. I keep waiting for the experiment to fail but he keeps playing relatively solid no. 2 corner ball. Absent injuries, Id say I should consider him an above average no. 2 corner but I still dont see him as such or give him his due.

Fabian Moreau ... starting to look like a non-factor. As a 2017 3rd rounder, he has this year and next year still for evaluation. Really hoping he can become a solid slot or CB4.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote