What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 08-20-2019, 01:39 PM   #2041
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The worst is when you have to submit your resume online and then you still have to go through and fill all your info in anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha, yeah, if that doesn't grind your gears, you don't have any gears.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-21-2019, 02:43 PM   #2042
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I have been self employed going on 25 years, last job I applied for I didn't know anyone that had internet. I am a machinist and back in the day the best way to quickly climb the pay scale and gain diversified skills was to job hop. I worked at 8 different shops in 15 years of working for the man.

What I hated the most was job applications where you had to print the name and address of a previous employer in a small box. Even if you had a resume you had to fill out their cookie cutter application. It was a pain in the ass to get all the info legibly in that small box and I knew from previous bosses some had a habit of tossing any application that had incomplete information. Many wanted the street suffixes, zip codes and phone numbers.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:27 PM   #2043
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The worst is when you have to submit your resume online and then you still have to go through and fill all your info in anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had one recruiter ask me about my resume and it is pretty self explanatory so I explain my job and duties training and the fact that I was there for 31 years ,so she ask's what about before that?

Seriously, I work for one company for 31 years and she is interested in what I did before that ??? WTF!
Old 08-31-2019, 12:43 PM   #2044
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Spam phone calls and junk texts. I am about going to have to change a business cell phone number I have had for over 20 years. The texts are the strange ones, they aren't selling anything and say crap like "Come in for an interview Monir" then they have a link to a Yahoo news page. Between the junk calls and texts I get up to 20 a day. The junk calls are from multiple sources, the texts are all from the same place as they have the same stupid format. I conduct most business by e-mail and probably only have 10 active customers so changing the number won't cause a lot of grief. I don't do a lot of calling or texting maybe a couple of each daily so the spam crap is a big pain in the ass. All of it is from spoofed numbers that rarely repeat so blocking is pointless. Maybe being a business has made me a target.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:54 PM   #2045
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Driving to my local homebrew store and finding it is closed forever.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #2046
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
solution, go to the store and buy beer

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #2047
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

yeah that is generally what I do it is easier.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #2048
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
yeah that is generally what I do it is easier.
Its like my dad ever spring has to till a garden for my mom to overplant a ton of vegetables which they eat like 5% of.....my dad says his garden is his local Kroger/Food Lion store.

What is the start up cost of a homebrew set to get going? Id like to get into it at some point. My uncle in southern Maryland has brewed for 30 years...he got some great recipes.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #2049
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I have small one gallon set-ups. My wife got me one a few years ago for Father's Day and it was about $50 but also included ingredients and recipe. I save bottles from beers I drink so I only buy ingredients. Typically I spend about $1 a beer, you can get about 11 to 12 12 oz bottles per a gallon so it can be cheaper than the store. If you get good a 5 gallon set-up becomes really affordable. I do some ciders and they are really cheap for 12 bottles I spend about $6 in supplies. I enjoy the experimentation, plus I support local businesses and the ingredients are cheaper taxes than beer so you can stick it to the state.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:26 PM   #2050
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

When you send an email at work with multiple people CC'd and the person only responds to you. Whether internally or externally, that is very annoying.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #2051
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
https://www.alecraftbrewing.com/

Head up to Harford County good place to get supplies.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #2052
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Thanks mredskins will check that out. Right now I have a cider growing think it will end up around 10 abv a little higher than I want. Also have a pumpkin ale going first time I bought ingredients online so we will see how that goes.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:35 PM   #2053
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Things like #heaterp or #wethenorth why the fuck are we dropping verbs from the English language. It is the action it literally tells you what is happening.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:45 PM   #2054
SunnySide
Playmaker

Crooked bumper stickers.

I hate you. It drives me crazy. It takes 5 seconds to take the time to properly line it up right. Yet it seems half our population just slaps it on there without any pre planning. In what equinox does a person simultaneously have to absolutely put a bumper sticker on their car at that exact moment but simultaneously not be able to take 5 seconds to put it on straight? Is your wife going into labor and you just gotta have that "baby on board" sticker on there? Thats the only situation I think it is allowed.

I dont get it. And Im not talking about the cars with 50 bumper stickers on there. I get that. You have 50 bumper stickers already on there, yeah just go ahead and slap number 51 on there wherever. Im talking about cars with a single bumper sticker. You have one bumper sticker, it takes 5 seconds to put that one bumper sticker on there properly.

I saw a crooked "Im proud of my Eagle Scout" bumper sticker the other day and I still havent recovered from it. Arent fucking Eagle Scouts supposed to be really good at lining things up and measuring them? Measure twice, cut once type people? I hope other Eagle Scout parents are talking shit about you and your sonsbehind your back because its fucking embarrassing.

Is there a bumper sticker troll that I dont know about? Her runs around parking lots slapping bumper stickers on unsuspecting cars? If so, then I apologize. But if there isnt a magical bumper sticker troll ... take the 5 seconds and put it on there properly. If it took like 10 seconds or some special tool then I get it. But its 5 seconds and you only use your damn eye balls and hands. Maybe thats it, maybe all these crooked bumper stickers are from people without hands and eye balls and Im just over here making fun of the disabled.

SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 12:59 PM   #2055
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

There are 8 silverware compartments in the dishwasher and my wife jams every piece into the front one. It really isn’t that hard to pull the rack out and use the other ones. They dont get washed right if they are all jammed into one. And she puts shit on top of other shit. Wtf is that?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote