Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Haskins Threat

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Your opinion on Haskins right now as of week 8
Bust 9 20.45%
Too early to tell 35 79.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2019, 11:00 AM   #46
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,194
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I dont see Haskins starting anytime soon.


Jets. Ill be there too in case he flounders.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2019, 11:13 AM   #47
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,116
Re: The Haskins Threat

This is what Thompson said:

https://twitter.com/jpfinlaynbcs/sta...131107840?s=21
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 10-21-2019, 11:48 AM   #48
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,151
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So then a New Coach will be forced to develop a QB they don't want or isn't a scheme fit and the fuckin circle continues.
Since Snyder decided Haskins had to be taken with the 15th pick its obvious that the new coach will be forced to develop him whether he want to or not. The new coach hasn't even started working for the Skins and he's already handcuffed.
irish is offline  
Old 10-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #49
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,944
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Since Snyder decided Haskins had to be taken with the 15th pick its obvious that the new coach will be forced to develop him whether he want to or not. The new coach hasn't even started working for the Skins and he's already handcuffed.
A big part of me agrees, except potential candidates will know that going in and they'll have the opportunity to discuss their autonomy over such decisions.

If Dan is really set on Tomlin, and just for the sake of argument let's say he goes down that road, Tomlin would undoubtedly say I want full control over all football ops including QB and I want it in writing. Dan then decides if he wants to commit that to paper.

Of course I come back to you being right because Shanahan had some language like this and Dan still found a way to inject himself.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline  
Old 10-21-2019, 12:02 PM   #50
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,159
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
A big part of me agrees, except potential candidates will know that going in and they'll have the opportunity to discuss their autonomy over such decisions.

If Dan is really set on Tomlin, and just for the sake of argument let's say he goes down that road, Tomlin would undoubtedly say I want full control over all football ops including QB and I want it in writing. Dan then decides if he wants to commit that to paper.

Of course I come back to you being right because Shanahan had some language like this and Dan still found a way to inject himself.
And that's why ultimately we're always be fucked with Snyder. He always finds a way to fuck things up.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline  
Old 10-21-2019, 12:28 PM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,827
Re: The Haskins Threat

Hey folks no more complaining, that there is "no plan" or front office vision...the skins FO strategy is the "Circle Fucked" Strategy

Beginning of life>Skins Fan>Snyder>Fucked>hire D Coordinator before HC ensuring an awkward "hi guess we are working together, who the fuck are you">Hire HC>trade for old QB without consulting coaching staff>Fucked>FO leak bullshit about staff>trade up bust QB w/out consulting anyone>Fucked>Jon Beck>Fucked and finger blasted>Fire HC>Hire HC>stuck with bullshit QB>Fucked>FO/Owner hate back up QB>Fucked before you ever know it>Hire a Drunk who is still known to drink>Fucked>Colt McCoy>Fucked>Owner uses first round pick on QB>Fucked>Fire HC>Insert HC with a 95/5 run to pass split>Eventual HC hire force to deal with new QB he didn't chose>Fucked
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 10-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #52
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,936
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Hey folks no more complaining, that there is "no plan" or front office vision...the skins FO strategy is the "Circle Fucked" Strategy

Beginning of life>Skins Fan>Snyder>Fucked>hire D Coordinator before HC ensuring an awkward "hi guess we are working together, who the fuck are you">Hire HC>trade for old QB without consulting coaching staff>Fucked>FO leak bullshit about staff>trade up bust QB w/out consulting anyone>Fucked>Jon Beck>Fucked and finger blasted>Fire HC>Hire HC>stuck with bullshit QB>Fucked>FO/Owner hate back up QB>Fucked before you ever know it>Hire a Drunk who is still known to drink>Fucked>Colt McCoy>Fucked>Owner uses first round pick on QB>Fucked>Fire HC>Insert HC with a 95/5 run to pass split>Eventual HC hire force to deal with new QB he didn't chose>Fucked

im fucking dying.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

BURN IT DOWN!
Meks is offline  
Old 10-21-2019, 12:53 PM   #53
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,979
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Who is Chris Thompson? Sounds vaguely familiar.
He plays Cornerback right?
jamf is offline  
Old 10-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #54
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,296
Re: The Haskins Threat

I was told after the #Redskins loss yesterday that the team was not going to be rushed into starting Dwayne Haskins by the media, that they drafted him w/ the long view in mind & it can't get caught up in how other teams are handling rookie QBs: "It'll happen when it happens."

Josina Anderson
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-21-2019, 01:57 PM   #55
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,159
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I was told after the #Redskins loss yesterday that the team was not going to be rushed into starting Dwayne Haskins by the media, that they drafted him w/ the long view in mind & it can't get caught up in how other teams are handling rookie QBs: "It'll happen when it happens."

Josina Anderson
That's what happens when you take a guy 15th overall. The expectation is he's going to play sooner rather than later.

Instead they're treating him like a 2nd or 3rd rounder which to be honest that's where they should have taken him.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline  
Old 10-21-2019, 02:20 PM   #56
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,151
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
And that's why ultimately we're always be fucked with Snyder. He always finds a way to fuck things up.
Yep.
irish is offline  
Old 10-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #57
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,116
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
That's what happens when you take a guy 15th overall. The expectation is he's going to play sooner rather than later.

Instead they're treating him like a 2nd or 3rd rounder which to be honest that's where they should have taken him.
If we took Drew Lock it would have been the same, it wasn’t exactly a great year for QB talent. Now a days teams are desperate and do stupid moves, perfect example Trubisky.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 10-21-2019, 02:46 PM   #58
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,072
Re: The Haskins Thread

The NFL has changed. QB start sooner than before. What exactly is Dwayne learning by watching Case pass for 77 yards or in another game cause 5 turnovers? Or watch Colt put out similar numbers and lose. Case’s numbers are getting him to the bottom of the NFL. Yeah, worst QB in the league.

So what if Dwayne starts against a really good defense? He’ll LEARN from that experience. The problem with the Redskins is that they’re playing scared. So, Haskins had a 3 INT game. So did PEYTON MANNING as a rookie. We need to be getting experience for Haskins and all the rookies. Develop them and see what they’ve got. I’d rather play Haskins now and know whether he’s a dud or stud by 2021.

By the Haskins doubters reasoning, what happens if Alex Smith comes back next season and plays well? Do we give him another year off to “learn” more by riding pine?

Get him in there and see what he has!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline  
Old 10-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,827
Re: The Haskins Threat

If we needed anything on Sunday, is we needed a strong armed QB to push a heavy ball down the field. Haskins had the arm to make a play. Anyone remember the Trey Quinn pass?

Just think, we could be here today talking about the big throw Haskins made to win the game...We were really just a play away with pulling the upset.

But fuck it, Keenum noodle arm bullshit is what Callahan is looking for.
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 10-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #60
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,289
Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If we needed anything on Sunday, is we needed a strong armed QB to push a heavy ball down the field. Haskins had the arm to make a play. Anyone remember the Trey Quinn pass?

Just think, we could be here today talking about the big throw Haskins made to win the game...We were really just a play away with pulling the upset.

But fuck it, Keenum noodle arm bullshit is what Callahan is looking for.
This.. Case literally could not even grip the ball.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.16450 seconds with 11 queries