Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2020, 11:18 AM   #196
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 821
Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.espn.com/blog/washington...ns-big-changes



Decent article from Keim.



RB:



The Redskins have until 22 days before the start of the new league year (March 18) to decide if they want to pick up the second year of Peterson's contract. One source said it was likely the Redskins would do so, but nothing is guaranteed.



Meh...ok. You want to help take the pressure off your QB, develop a solid running game. The obvious problem here, unproven RBs with injury histories and an old RB. When the. Wheels come off of aging RB is tough to watch, and itís not a question of if but when. Proactive, smart organizations get ahead of the situation, bringing AP back puts the RB group at a greater risk.



One thing about receiver:



ďOne source familiar with Rivera's plans says the coach wants to add another starting receiver, likely a veteran. The veteran would play opposite Terry McLaurin.Ē



P Rich likely to go. He goes to highlight what Iíve said, bad WR free agent class. hope we donít do something dumb.



TE: Reed on their roster, but it's hard to imagine him sticking around. He missed all of last season with his seventh documented concussion. He hasn't played more than 13 games in a season since 2015 and, with a cap hit of $10.3 million, the math doesn't add up for a return.



Good.


Reed will retire or be let go. His immense promise is offset by his injury history. Just like last year, he is one concussion from losing the rest of the season, again. They need his cap money.

I imagine AP coming back because both Guice and Love have to show they can get through a season. Heís got a little fuel left in his tank. Great mentor and example.

They need a WR#2 to push or replace Harmon. There are good WR in FA and the WR draft class is very deep. They might spent the FA money on a speedy WR then draft a TE OR vis-versus. Theyíll hire Olsen for a one-year bandaid at TE and if they they use the third round pick for TE then Olsen can help this TE grow. We drafted Cooley at TE in the third round and he did very well for the team.

BL - the Redskins have enough FA money to get a very good WR OR a TE FA (besides Olsen). Theyíll draft to both positions and hope they get a winner in the draft or UDFA.

Richardson and Norman will be dropped first. They need their cap savings. Reed will also be done with more feeling, since he is well-liked by this teammates and fans. Hopefully he retires like Davis did. The big question is Kerrigan - reduce his contract or trade him? He is a huge fan favorite (I have his jersey) but with Chase coming heíll be too expensive as a backup. I hope he is traded to a contender.
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #197
AnonEmouse
Impact Rookie
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 573
Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

I think they'll go into Camp with Guice, Love and AP, plus 3 or more FA. Maybe even a low round RB pick if they are BPA, though I suspect Smith will find someone good in UDFA.

They can then judge Guice and Love in camp/preseason and if they are 100%, they then have the option to keep AP as rotation cover or release or even trade him if they are lucky. Or do a 49ers committee and use everyone. I'd actually look at a pass catching FB like Juszczyk if we're lucky; would fit with the type of O I think Turner will run.

Leaves us free to sign Olsen AND Hooper if the prices are right, or take one and draft a TE in the 3rd or 4th. Then we can pick another WR in the lower rounds. I agree aside from Cooper there isn't really a standout young WR in FA, and he's odds on staying in Dallas.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:14 AM   #198
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 821
Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Yeah, Iíd rather hire the FA Greg Olsen AND Hooper at TE. Then we have fixed the TE black hole and both will be a powerful tool for Haskins. Then draft a WR with the third round for the WR #2. This draft pick can then compete with Harmon for the starting position. The WR pool is VERY deep and we should be able to get a good player. But WR is still a risk and AT BEST a 50-50 gamble, especially by the third round. Still if the new WR is a bust like Dotson and the legion of prior WR busts for the Redskins, we still have Harmon, who will get better.

Later rounds we draft for CB, OT, TE, OT. The same for the UDFA. It is amazing that Kyle Smith is able to get real starters out of the UDFA pool. Most teams use UDFA a way to get Special Teams players and maybe a backup spot before they are dropped at the end of their rookie contracts. Itís a constant flow to fill the ST and backup spots with cheap and young players. I hope Kyle Smith becomes our GM.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:43 PM   #199
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,534
Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

NBC Sports Washington's JP Finlay reports Redskins CB Quinton Dunbar does not intend to take part in the team's voluntary offseason workouts.

Dunbar's set to make $4.4 million in the the final year of his contract next season ó a travesty considering Josh Norman accounted for $15 million off Washington's books just last year. Pro Football Focus' No. 3 corner among 209 qualifiers while healthy in '19, Dunbar has dealt with a number of injuries the past two seasons and is simply holding out from voluntary workouts to avoid unnecessary nicks and long-term damage. It remains unclear whether he wants a new contract from the franchise or would prefer to test the waters as an unrestricted free agent in 2021.
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 05:38 PM   #200
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,549
Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

'While healthy' is the key term...I don't blame him though. He apparently has no guarantees, and he should be looking out for #1. I think today is the first day that Rivera and his staff will begin their evaluation of the players and this roster. No doubt Dunbar will be near the top of the list of this evaluation process. I would like to see him come back, along with adding more secondary depth. But we will see how this goes. I do hope that this is something that Dunbar communicated to Rivera before this being reported in the media. If not, that's not a great start for him with the new coach.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 05:59 PM   #201
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,165
Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
NBC Sports Washington's JP Finlay reports Redskins CB Quinton Dunbar does not intend to take part in the team's voluntary offseason workouts.

Dunbar's set to make $4.4 million in the the final year of his contract next season ó a travesty considering Josh Norman accounted for $15 million off Washington's books just last year. Pro Football Focus' No. 3 corner among 209 qualifiers while healthy in '19, Dunbar has dealt with a number of injuries the past two seasons and is simply holding out from voluntary workouts to avoid unnecessary nicks and long-term damage. It remains unclear whether he wants a new contract from the franchise or would prefer to test the waters as an unrestricted free agent in 2021.
Well, I understand where Dunbar is coming from.. I hope Redskins will come up with a good contract for Dunbar that could become a significant raise based on incentives due to his injuries history. I doubt Dunbar will be quick to accept that though.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:32 PM   #202
budw38
Playmaker
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,692
Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/2/10/...-contract-year
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:14 PM   #203
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,113
Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Well, looking ahead...

I made a list of 2020 Free agents who I think could help us:

Offense:

TE - Eric Ebron. Age 27. Eric has posted four straight seasons of PFF grades of 69.0 or above. He is a reliable receiving option and a true Red Zone threat. In 2018 alone he scored an eye-opening 13 TDís. Estimated salary $7M.

WR - Emmanuel Sanders. Age 33. He is an excellent route runner with exceptional hands and a history of NFL success. I see him as a stabilizing veteran presence and mentor for our WR group for a season or two. Estimated salary $10M.

OT - Dennis Kelly. Age 30. He is a natural RT, although he has played at LT, as well. He was a backup in Philly until he was traded to Tennessee. He has been a very good pass protector who allows few sacks and commits very few penalties. Estimated salary ??. He could be a bargain as a UFA.

Defense

FS - Tre Boston. Age 28. Tre is a true FS. He is a playmaker who is outstanding in coverage. Played for CAR last season. He could be a great fit working with Collins. Estimated salary $8M.

Slot Corner - Itís our hometown hero, Kendall Fuller! Age 25. He was possibly the top slot corner in the League when he was with us so, of course, Bruce Allen traded him. He played out of position at safety for KC. He is a playmaker and it is time to bring him home to play the slot for us. Estimated salary $5M.

Thatís all Iíve got to offer as FA possibilities. There just arenít very many players to be had as FAís who wonít cost a fortune or who I think can move the needle upwards for us.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:10 PM   #204
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 27,165
Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Well, looking ahead...

I made a list of 2020 Free agents who I think could help us:

Offense:

TE - Eric Ebron. Age 27. Eric has posted four straight seasons of PFF grades of 69.0 or above. He is a reliable receiving option and a true Red Zone threat. In 2018 alone he scored an eye-opening 13 TDís. Estimated salary $7M.

WR - Emmanuel Sanders. Age 33. He is an excellent route runner with exceptional hands and a history of NFL success. I see him as a stabilizing veteran presence and mentor for our WR group for a season or two. Estimated salary $10M.

OT - Dennis Kelly. Age 30. He is a natural RT, although he has played at LT, as well. He was a backup in Philly until he was traded to Tennessee. He has been a very good pass protector who allows few sacks and commits very few penalties. Estimated salary ??. He could be a bargain as a UFA.

Defense

FS - Tre Boston. Age 28. Tre is a true FS. He is a playmaker who is outstanding in coverage. Played for CAR last season. He could be a great fit working with Collins. Estimated salary $8M.

Slot Corner - Itís our hometown hero, Kendall Fuller! Age 25. He was possibly the top slot corner in the League when he was with us so, of course, Bruce Allen traded him. He played out of position at safety for KC. He is a playmaker and it is time to bring him home to play the slot for us. Estimated salary $5M.

Thatís all Iíve got to offer as FA possibilities. There just arenít very many players to be had as FAís who wonít cost a fortune or who I think can move the needle upwards for us.
Good list, would be nice to add another RB as well.. Let CT go
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:06 PM   #205
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 821
Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Well, looking ahead...



I made a list of 2020 Free agents who I think could help us:



Offense:



TE - Eric Ebron. Age 27. Eric has posted four straight seasons of PFF grades of 69.0 or above. He is a reliable receiving option and a true Red Zone threat. In 2018 alone he scored an eye-opening 13 TDís. Estimated salary $7M.



WR - Emmanuel Sanders. Age 33. He is an excellent route runner with exceptional hands and a history of NFL success. I see him as a stabilizing veteran presence and mentor for our WR group for a season or two. Estimated salary $10M.



OT - Dennis Kelly. Age 30. He is a natural RT, although he has played at LT, as well. He was a backup in Philly until he was traded to Tennessee. He has been a very good pass protector who allows few sacks and commits very few penalties. Estimated salary ??. He could be a bargain as a UFA.



Defense



FS - Tre Boston. Age 28. Tre is a true FS. He is a playmaker who is outstanding in coverage. Played for CAR last season. He could be a great fit working with Collins. Estimated salary $8M.



Slot Corner - Itís our hometown hero, Kendall Fuller! Age 25. He was possibly the top slot corner in the League when he was with us so, of course, Bruce Allen traded him. He played out of position at safety for KC. He is a playmaker and it is time to bring him home to play the slot for us. Estimated salary $5M.



Thatís all Iíve got to offer as FA possibilities. There just arenít very many players to be had as FAís who wonít cost a fortune or who I think can move the needle upwards for us.


Really good list and research. I think Ebron is a decent choice at TE but if weíre going to pay the big money, why not go for the gold? That means Hooper or Henry. One may be franchised by their teams but getting either will be a HUGE improvement for the offense. Weíd go from nothing at TE (both Reed and Davis were hurt almost the entire season) to elite for receiving and blocking in such a critical position. Also, both Hooper and Henry are young, which means they play with us for years. Getting either will really help Haskins in the red zone. I think the team will really spend their money on this position because we have nothing there now.

I agree with Tre Boston at FS. I mean he played for RR so they know how good he is. He and Collins are well matched to help protect each otherís weaknesses.

I also agree with Kendall Fuller. Heís underrated because they had him out of position at KC. He will be cheap and an a real deal. But only for a short contract in case he doesnít come back to form at CB.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:19 AM   #206
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,113
Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Really good list and research. I think Ebron is a decent choice at TE but if weíre going to pay the big money, why not go for the gold? That means Hooper or Henry. One may be franchised by their teams but getting either will be a HUGE improvement for the offense. Weíd go from nothing at TE (both Reed and Davis were hurt almost the entire season) to elite for receiving and blocking in such a critical position. Also, both Hooper and Henry are young, which means they play with us for years. Getting either will really help Haskins in the red zone. I think the team will really spend their money on this position because we have nothing there now.

I agree with Tre Boston at FS. I mean he played for RR so they know how good he is. He and Collins are well matched to help protect each otherís weaknesses.

I also agree with Kendall Fuller. Heís underrated because they had him out of position at KC. He will be cheap and an a real deal. But only for a short contract in case he doesnít come back to form at CB.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the compliment. I like Ebron as a proven Red Zone threat. I think Hooper hasn't scored much. I also thought Ebron might not have as high a price tag as Hooper. I'd gladly take either one.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:41 AM   #207
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 2,174
Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Norman to be cut. No surprises there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:41 AM   #208
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 27,165
Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

good
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 01:03 AM   #209
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,549
Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

My FA wish list: Jack Conklin, Austin Hooper, Carlos Hyde, Cory Littleton, and James Bradberry
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:33 PM   #210
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 821
Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Thanks for the compliment. I like Ebron as a proven Red Zone threat. I think Hooper hasn't scored much. I also thought Ebron might not have as high a price tag as Hooper. I'd gladly take either one.


Ebron has a history with drops, so most donít consider him as among the top-ranked TE. Ebron is very good but not the top level of TE FA.

Hooper is the very best TE FA and only will cost what we paid Reed. Henry is another top TE to consider. I hope Hooper/Henry is the first FA pickup we make. His acquisition will help Haskins and our Red Zone offense.

Besides getting a big-ticket TE like Hooper or Henry ($10 mill/yr) I also give it a good possibility that we take Greg Olsen for a one-year contract.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.19500 seconds with 10 queries