Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Not drafting a QB a mistake?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-25-2015, 09:44 PM   #166
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Not drafting a QB a mistake?

Lamp love lasts. Lately, low light lamps leave lacerations.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 07-14-2015, 03:31 AM   #167
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Nah. I think we made smart picks across the board. Griffin might look good this year you never know. Its all about now now now i understand but sometimes it takes time. Im thinking best case scenario which is griffin plays well. But one thing i see happening is a fierce defense this year.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #168
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
Nah. I think we made smart picks across the board. Griffin might look good this year you never know. Its all about now now now i understand but sometimes it takes time. Im thinking best case scenario which is griffin plays well. But one thing i see happening is a fierce defense this year.
For the most part I like our picks too. And for me drafting a QB isn't about now, now, now I view it as taking the long view.

But I agree 100% the best case scenario is for Griffin or any of the QBs to play well.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:48 AM   #169
30gut
Playmaker

QB draft opportunities revisited....
Old 01-31-2018, 06:55 AM   #170
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

This doesn't rule out 🇩afting a QB this yr. Not in the first but I could see 2nd if one of those guys fall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2018, 09:58 AM   #171
30gut
Playmaker

How much time/years/seasons/money has this franchise wasted by completely ignoring drafting at the most important position in football since 2015.

Last edited by 30gut; 12-05-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #172
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I can assure you a QB will be drafted at some point in the early rounds this yr. Or else we are screwed again. That's why I want to lose out but knowing our luck we will finish 8-8 some freaking how
Old 12-05-2018, 10:08 AM   #173
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
How has this franchise wasted by completely ignoring drafting at the most important position in football since 2015.

It sure seemed like the plan was never to give Cousins, so yes major mistake.

If the plan was to give Cousins a long term contract then not so much a big deal.

Again this is all on Bruce Allen and the front office. They botched the Cousins deal from day 1
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #174
Giantone
Gamebreaker

While I realise they are different situations the Giants are giving serious consideration to keeping Eli and going after a QB in 2020 when there is a better QB class coming out. Using this year to rebuild the defense and O line.
Would the Skins consider a stop gap type QB and look to draft one in 2020?
Old 12-05-2018, 10:18 AM   #175
30gut
Playmaker

People in this forum refused to even discuss the possibility that not drafting a QB since 2015 was mistake, in fact many vehemently said it wasn't a mistake.

How many QBs has this franchise passed on?

Look how much money has been spent between Cousins and Alex Smith compared to draft picks?

The past 3 years have been a case study in lack of foresight at the most important position in the NFL.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:20 AM   #176
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
While I realise they are different situations the Giants are giving serious consideration to keeping Eli and going after a QB in 2020 when there is a better QB class coming out. Using this year to rebuild the defense and O line.
Would the Skins consider a stop gap type QB and look to draft one in 2020?
with Colt and Alex counting already too much against the cap...I think young QB this coming offseason makes sense...but I don't think we have to make an "All In" move to secure a guy. We should reach or trade unless we absolutely love the guy.

Still the decision makers of the next QB is more important than the position itself. imo
Old 12-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #177
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
People in this forum refused to even discuss the possibility that not drafting a QB since 2015 was mistake, in fact many vehemently said it wasn't a mistake.

How many QBs has this franchise passed on?

Look how much money has been spent between Cousins and Alex Smith compared to draft picks?

The past 3 years have been a case study in lack of foresight at the most important position in the NFL.
The money spent is a really good point...Alex Smith money turned out to be a terrible idea...Bruce did not need to extend immediately. Could have traded and said, lets see how this works out first.

Its really funny...Bruce low balled Cousins and then poison pilled Alex Smith. Complete mismanagement, this is why nobody takes this team seriously
Old 12-05-2018, 10:30 AM   #178
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The money spent is a really good point...Alex Smith money turned out to be a terrible idea...Bruce did not need to extend immediately. Could have traded and said, lets see how this works out first.

Its really funny...Bruce low balled Cousins and then poison pilled Alex Smith. Complete mismanagement, this is why nobody takes this team seriously
So you would have had another year of QB uncertainty, after going through two years of that hell with Cousins?

Cousins low-balled himself when he was demanding money that should only be paid to an elite QB that can carry a team. See how well that's working out in Minnesota.

Allen's biggest mistake was not trading Cousins once they should have realized he wasn't going to play here no matter what.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #179
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
It sure seemed like the plan was never to give Cousins, so yes major mistake.

If the plan was to give Cousins a long term contract then not so much a big deal.

Again this is all on Bruce Allen and the front office. They botched the Cousins deal from day 1
I think it's on DS/KC. They both acted like little spoiled brats instead of professionals with a job to do.

KC overrated himself, DS overrated RG3. I think the Skins thought in the first two years that the first FT was a reasonable and normal part of the longterm dance. Once they realized KC was being a whiny bot they should have traded him for value and brought in drafted qb's, but KC put up real good numbers, and DS was too much of an aggrieved whiny bot to shut up and trade him to KShanahan
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:09 AM   #180
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
with Colt and Alex counting already too much against the cap...I think young QB this coming offseason makes sense...but I don't think we have to make an "All In" move to secure a guy. We should reach or trade unless we absolutely love the guy.

Still the decision makers of the next QB is more important than the position itself. imo
We need a strong Defensive HC with a young stud OC who can select the qb in the draft. People who shouldn't be involved in the decision:
Dan Snyder
Bruce Allen
Jay Gruden
Matt Cavanaugh

the jury is still out on Doug Williams, but probably not him either.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote