Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on.....

Thread Hell

Old 12-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocx69 View Post
we need a 3-4 d.... with those corners and taylor and carter on the ends would spell touble for alot of teams offenses. dump washington and rocky and fletcher in the middle.

we need to draft a stout NT.
I doubt Blache would switch to a 3-4 but as far as NT's go Montgomery is a perfect fit. In fact the possibility of a 3-4 is quite entertaining in my eyes though it's probably nothing more then mental masturbation. Anyway heres how it would probably look. Pretty intersting when you think about it but Blache is a proud man who is currently in command of a top 5 defense (unless the Giants did something about that).

CB - C. Rogers
CB - D. Hall
FS - L. Landry
SS - C. Horton

LDE - K. Golston
NT - A. Montgomery
RDE - C. Griffin

LOLB - J. Taylor
ROLB - A. Carter
SILB - L. Fletcher
WILB -R. McIntosh

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 12-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I doubt Blache would switch to a 3-4 but as far as NT's go Montgomery is a perfect fit. In fact the possibility of a 3-4 is quite entertaining in my eyes though it's probably nothing more then mental masturbation. Anyway heres how it would probably look. Pretty intersting when you think about it but Blache is a proud man who is currently in command of a top 5 defense (unless the Giants did something about that).

CB - C. Rogers
CB - D. Hall
FS - L. Landry
SS - C. Horton

LDE - K. Golston
NT - A. Montgomery
RDE - C. Griffin

LOLB - J. Taylor
ROLB - A. Carter
SILB - L. Fletcher
WILB -R. McIntosh
Carter would be a DE even in the 3-4. I know he played OLB for Nolan and Singletary in SF, but either way he's out of position. Still, he's more stout than people give him credit for. I'm not sure that Golston is a 3-4 DE either. Seems like more of a backup nose tackle to me. Evans would be the ideal 3-4 end, as would Daniels. I'm not sure who you would take out though, you'd probably just rotate the linemen.

Blades, I think would probably play next to Fletch on the inside, and then McIntosh would be the outside linebacker opposite Taylor.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:26 AM   #3
afredskinsfan11
Camp Scrub

He's an assest to the team and thats the bottomline.....he catches picks that can turn games around and kill momentum. So he gives up 6 and 7 yard passes here and there but he eliminates the deep threats and makes a qb pay when they make a mistake. Rogers has been known to drop game changing int's and Springs has been battling injuries. Not to mention if given a chance he would probably be one of the most deadly punt returners in the league. Sign him for 3 more years!!
Old 12-06-2008, 05:11 AM   #4
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

D-Hall needs to stay in Washington next year...Bottom Line, if you think different...well f~k what u think. We could definetly use the same depth we have this year next year. Rogers, Springs, D-Hall, Smoot=Great CB Depth...geez....if only we had A LITTLE Pash Rush youd see how valuable they are.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
Hail to the Redskins
The Starter

I teach in Chesapeake, Va where D.Hall is from and my teacher's assistant has known him since childhood. Her son and he are close... She told me that DeAngelo has been a die-hard Redskins fan since he was little and jumped at the chance to sign with us over the likes of New England, etc. (for league minimum!) because he WANTED to play here.

Now... do I know his rep even from high school? yeah... do I personally think he is a great guy, not particularly... but I really have a hunch that playing for the Redskins might just have an effect on him and his behavior... and a discount this offseason.

Also.. I don't know what some guys were watching, but he played a great game against the Giants outside of the one missed tackle/late hit play... he blanketed the receivers the majority of the day...

Regardless, I say anyone who WANTS to be a Redskin is ok in my book. Re-sign him.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #6
vallin21
The Starter

I would sign Hall before I sign Rogers given that he has been to more pro bowls and has more picks this season than Rogers. Yeah he gets beat but he can recover and make the pick. Rogers gives up too much space in coverage and he got beat by Hixon twice on a slant. If Hall gets a few more picks he should be considered for pro bowl, but I'm thinking its to late to vote for him, but his 5 picks (overall are tied for the highest in the NFC).
Old 12-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #7
dmek25
MVP

its all about making plays. and sure, he gets toasted once in a while. but what corner doesnt?
Old 12-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #8
Ijaeger
Special Teams

Another stud corner would be a nice pickup in FA or the draft, but I only think it's fair to give Hall and Blache a full season together. This will give Blache ample time to figure out Hall's strengths and weaknesses and if he can be utilized properly in this scheme. Don't forget, Hall is learning a new system, or at least new terminology, and is still trying to adjust most likely. Of course, all of this based on the assumption SS will not be here next year, which I personally see happening unless he seriously restructures his contract. He just does not play enough games for the money he gets paid, IMO. However, I thought the same thing last year so go figure.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #9
Boston Brave
Camp Scrub

Hall is a nice option to have, espicially given his age. All teams desire 3 or more good corners, however trying to find and pay them is the problem. To really answer whether the Skins should keep him, imagine him in a Eagle, Giant, or Boys uniform guarding one of our WR. If you think this is a matchup we can win, then don't sign him (throwing against him 3 times = 1 touchdown). If you believe he can keep our receivers from catching the ball and out of the endzone, then sign him back.

Last edited by Boston Brave; 12-06-2008 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Clarity.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #10
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKNIK_28 View Post
Maybe it seems a bad titile for the thread, but i have always been a supporter of bringing in D. Hall. Dude is a beast, anyways redskins.com is listing him as having 6 INT's on the year. Thats only 1 behinf polamolu the leage leader, yet on NFL.com it only shows him for the 2 he recorded in the 3 games he played with us? How do we get this injustice fixed Matty? Just goes to show how UN "washed up" he really is
He could have had 3 ints in 3 games if Springs dumb a** didn't try to steal a INT from him. That pissed me off and could have been a momentum changer. I love Springs but that was a bone head play!!

There are a influx of haters lately..that are fake GMs who know nothing about football..idiots
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
Old 12-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #11
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I'd let him walk. He's just not as good as advertised and it's going to cost too much. Plus he's always good for several 15 yarders a year.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #12
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'd let him walk. He's just not as good as advertised and it's going to cost too much. Plus he's always good for several 15 yarders a year.
If it doesn't cost too much though, I'd keep him. I think there was a deep pool of CBs coming out of the draft this past year and we blew it by taking Tryon (who I'm just not sold on). I don't think the pool is as deep this year. Hall is young and talented enough.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
prinzeofmoval
Special Teams

I like him and yes he was bullied at Oakland. Every corner benifets from a great pass rush. Look at Cromartie last year. he was a beast because his front seven was. Now that they can rush for crap his numbers dropped. Great dbs in the past almost always had a great pass rush to go along with it.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:03 PM   #14
skins4life25
Camp Scrub

All of you idiots who defend him, obviously have only seen madden ratings and never seen him play in Atlanta, Oakland, and now here. He has always gotten burnt and tried to make up for his bad decisions with his athleticism. Yes he has two picks so far. I can't say on either of them that he did anything special. The only positive in my eyes is that he didn't drop them. If we give him a reasonable contract, say 3-4 years & 10-14 mil, in the off-season then I think he would be a good nickel back and injury replacement for us down the line. He is NOT a starter; at least not for a competitive team.

Please stop making it seem like he's great, he's not. Actually watch the play unfold and not just the DB's celebrating after a play. 80% of the time they celebrate when they didn't really do anything. All of you who defend him just make yourselves sound like idiots.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #15
vallin21
The Starter

[QUOTE=skins4life25;507701]All of you idiots who defend him, obviously have only seen madden ratings and never seen him play in Atlanta, Oakland, and now here. He has always gotten burnt and tried to make up for his bad decisions with his athleticism. Yes he has two picks so far. I can't say on either of them that he did anything special. The only positive in my eyes is that he didn't drop them. If we give him a reasonable contract, say 3-4 years & 10-14 mil, in the off-season then I think he would be a good nickel back and injury replacement for us down the line. He is NOT a starter; at least not for a competitive team.

Please stop making it seem like he's great, he's not. Actually watch the play unfold and not just the DB's celebrating after a play. 80% of the time they celebrate when they didn't really do anything. All of you who defend him just make yourselves sound like idiot
So I guess 2 pro bowls in Atlanta and 2 ints in 3 games doesn't do it for you.

You must be the same idiot who likes the stone hands of Rogers and Grandpa Springs knocking over teamates who have freakin ints. You're telling me Rogers hasn't gotten burnt? give me a break dude.