Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 07-23-2020, 12:52 PM   #706
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Cool got the raw data from CDC of influenzas from 2017-2018

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...018.htm#table1

So running estimates of COVID deaths versus flu death even with a vaccine...the point where deaths separate looks to be after 35 years of age. COVID takes off...but under 35 Years old total deaths down big time versus COVID.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #707
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

None of the above data answers the question, "What is my risk of dying from coronavirus if I get infected?" For that, we need to look at the infection fatality rate (IFR), which is the percentage of people who die given that they are infected. (This includes people with asymptomatic infections or those who are infected but never get tested.) One group believes the range is 0.1% to 0.41% (with a point estimate of 0.28%). Another group, which examined deaths in Geneva, Switzerland, concluded that the overall IFR is 0.38% to 0.98% (with a point estimate of 0.64%.)

Of course, IFR varies depending on age. Young people are far less likely to die than older people. The Swiss study estimated IFR's by age group.

Also from my cdc link above

He Gets Us
Old 07-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #708
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

None of the above data answers the question, "What is my risk of dying from coronavirus if I get infected?" For that, we need to look at the infection fatality rate (IFR), which is the percentage of people who die given that they are infected. (This includes people with asymptomatic infections or those who are infected but never get tested.) One group believes the range is 0.1% to 0.41% (with a point estimate of 0.28%). Another group, which examined deaths in Geneva, Switzerland, concluded that the overall IFR is 0.38% to 0.98% (with a point estimate of 0.64%.)

Of course, IFR varies depending on age. Young people are far less likely to die than older people. The Swiss study estimated IFR's by age group.

Also from my cdc link above
chico you're leaving out a very important fact(no surprise there) ,....................underlying conditions.The groups you are touting what were the "underlying"conditions these people had, I,E,....High blood pressure ,Diabetes, Heart disease....etc.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:23 AM   #709
SunnySide
Playmaker

In the study, researchers surveilled pediatric health centers across the U.S. from March 15 to May 20. Of 186 MIS-C patients in 26 states, researchers found that 73 percent were previously healthy and 70 percent tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. The median age was 8.3 years, and patients were hospitalized for about a week.

The study found that most of the pediatric patients had no underlying health conditions. (iStock)
The study found that most of the pediatric patients had no underlying health conditions. (iStock)
Most patients had a fever lasting four or more days.

Also, for a small number of patients, 25 days had passed between the onset of COVID-19 symptoms and hospitalization for MIS-C.

“These findings suggest that a substantial proportion of the patients in this series were infected with SARS-CoV-2 at least 1 to 2 weeks before the onset of MIS-C,” authors wrote.

Study authors said 80 percent of patients underwent intensive care, and 20 percent received mechanical ventilation. Coronary-artery aneurysms were reported in 15 patients and four patients died.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/kids-...tory-condition
If anyone sees a good article of kid hospitalizations or a clean accurate description of how covid final death numbers are counted, Please post it. I can’t find 100% clear articles on it.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:21 PM   #710
MTK
\m/

The world’s biggest coronavirus vaccine study begins, a U.S. trial that will include 30,000 people to see if the shots really work
Old 07-30-2020, 03:10 PM   #711
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
Old 07-30-2020, 04:39 PM   #712
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN24V1ZQ

In just days, Vietnam shifts from virus-free paradise to panic

Its not just a US problem...it’s never been that from day one.

Looks like the media is effectively ignoring Sweden when three weeks ago it gleefully said it was a failure. Guess what, Sweden hasn’t recorded in a COVID death in a couple days

Why are Sweden's coronavirus figures falling so sharply and what does it mean for the future?

https://www.thelocal.se/20200724/why...ing-so-sharply

Heard immunity

He Gets Us
Old 07-30-2020, 05:06 PM   #713
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
328.2 Million Americans .

24,000 deaths from the Flu in the 2019/2020 flu season ...that's with flu shots.

Coronavirus deaths ...154,000 as of 7/30/2020

https://www.google.com/search?ei=YTU...a7ZCsoQ4dUDCAw

..................................perspective.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:11 AM   #714
Giantone
Gamebreaker

chico, this has you all over this................

Freedom to Breathe Agency!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-cla...115114470.html

A woman claiming to be from the "Freedom to Breathe Agency" was filmed telling a grocery store supervisor in Orange County, California, that she could face legal action for telling people to wear face coverings.

In a viral TikTok video, the mask-less woman — identified as Lenka Koloma — said they were "making sure that people's constitutional rights, civil and federal laws are not broken."

The two women, wearing badges that said "FTBA" and claimed to be from the "Freedom to Breathe Agency," gave Chavez a piece of paper that stated she could face legal action for telling people to wear masks.

"You personally need to take this to your manager because you personally can be sued for this, OK?" Koloma can be heard saying in the video.

"You are putting yourself into major legal liability — you personally," Koloma added, before leaving the shop.

According to Buzzfeed News, the paper also said that Chavez could go to prison for up to three to five years and could be fined up to $10,000 for telling customers to wear a mask.

"They weren't there to shop," Chavez told Buzzfeed News. "They honestly were probably just waiting for somebody to come up to them and ask them to wear a mask so they could do this."

The "Freedom To Breathe Agency" is not a real governmental agency. It has no official website and only uses a private Facebook group.

Koloma, who describes herself as the founder of the group, regularly posts anti-masks messages on her social media pages.

She told BuzzFeed News that she and the woman she was with "both have medical, health conditions and also religious beliefs that do not allow us to wear a mask," but did not say what those medical conditions are.

This is not the first time the "Freedom To Breathe Agency" has drawn attention.

In June, the group was given a warning by The Department of Justice. It had distributed "face mask exempt" cards that claimed to wear a mask put people at risk of mental or physical impairment and that the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) bars officials from questioning their decision not to wear face coverings.

"Do not be fooled by the chicanery and misappropriation of the DOJ eagle," US Attorney Martin said in a statement. "These cards do not carry the force of law. The 'Freedom to Breathe Agency,' or 'FTBA,' is not a government agency."
Old 08-10-2020, 01:45 PM   #715
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
328.2 Million Americans .

24,000 deaths from the Flu in the 2019/2020 flu season ...that's with flu shots.

Coronavirus deaths ...154,000 as of 7/30/2020

https://www.google.com/search?ei=YTU...a7ZCsoQ4dUDCAw

..................................perspective.
Well you know the naysayers are going to say those death totals are inflated because the hospitals get more money for a covid death
Old 08-10-2020, 01:57 PM   #716
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
chico, this has you all over this................

Freedom to Breathe Agency!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-cla...115114470.html

A woman claiming to be from the "Freedom to Breathe Agency" was filmed telling a grocery store supervisor in Orange County, California, that she could face legal action for telling people to wear face coverings.

In a viral TikTok video, the mask-less woman — identified as Lenka Koloma — said they were "making sure that people's constitutional rights, civil and federal laws are not broken."

The two women, wearing badges that said "FTBA" and claimed to be from the "Freedom to Breathe Agency," gave Chavez a piece of paper that stated she could face legal action for telling people to wear masks.

"You personally need to take this to your manager because you personally can be sued for this, OK?" Koloma can be heard saying in the video.

"You are putting yourself into major legal liability — you personally," Koloma added, before leaving the shop.

According to Buzzfeed News, the paper also said that Chavez could go to prison for up to three to five years and could be fined up to $10,000 for telling customers to wear a mask.

"They weren't there to shop," Chavez told Buzzfeed News. "They honestly were probably just waiting for somebody to come up to them and ask them to wear a mask so they could do this."

The "Freedom To Breathe Agency" is not a real governmental agency. It has no official website and only uses a private Facebook group.

Koloma, who describes herself as the founder of the group, regularly posts anti-masks messages on her social media pages.

She told BuzzFeed News that she and the woman she was with "both have medical, health conditions and also religious beliefs that do not allow us to wear a mask," but did not say what those medical conditions are.

This is not the first time the "Freedom To Breathe Agency" has drawn attention.

In June, the group was given a warning by The Department of Justice. It had distributed "face mask exempt" cards that claimed to wear a mask put people at risk of mental or physical impairment and that the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) bars officials from questioning their decision not to wear face coverings.

"Do not be fooled by the chicanery and misappropriation of the DOJ eagle," US Attorney Martin said in a statement. "These cards do not carry the force of law. The 'Freedom to Breathe Agency,' or 'FTBA,' is not a government agency."
Freedom to Breathe Agency... these people are so dumb it hurts
Old 08-10-2020, 05:34 PM   #717
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Well you know the naysayers are going to say those death totals are inflated because the hospitals get more money for a covid death
Are you... are you a naysayer? You could just say it you know.

I'm also a prosayer or whatever the opposite of what a naysayer is. Does the count include people who die partially or fully due to COVID without ever going to a hospital to have it confirmed?
Old 08-10-2020, 06:37 PM   #718
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Are you... are you a naysayer? You could just say it you know.

I'm also a prosayer or whatever the opposite of what a naysayer is. Does the count include people who die partially or fully due to COVID without ever going to a hospital to have it confirmed?
Well I'm in between,while I dont think there is rampant fraud going on I think it would be naive to think there's none going on
Old 09-22-2020, 11:57 AM   #719
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
Old 09-22-2020, 12:32 PM   #720
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
but,but chico said you can't get sick from kids,..........this can't be right?