Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Rate Gigity's draft.

Fantasy Football

Old 08-15-2006, 05:20 PM   #1
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Rate Gigity's draft.

This is one I have going with another guy at work. I wont be able to keep up with it every week so he is going to help me out when I cant do it.The draft was last night.

We got stuck with the last pick of the 1rst round(12 teams)

QB: Brady,Volek
RB: Rudi Johnson,J.Lewis,L.Betts
WR:R.Brown(philly),Toomer,Driver
TEallas Clark,Gates
D/ST:Chicago,Cincy
K:Graham(Cincy)

The wideouts are weak but I have some tradde bait with Clark and Volek!
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-15-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: Rate Gigity's draft.

You need a bit of help at WR and RB, I am not sold on J.Lewis with M.Anderson there, and Betts is a decent backup, but need a RB as well. Trade Dallas Clark.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
EEich
The Starter

Middle of the pack at best.
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:24 PM   #4
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

I'm curious to know who you took with your 2nd overall pick. Gates? I think you were fortunate to get Rudi with the #12 spot but you probably should have picked a second RB with the following pick. I actually think Jamal Lewis will have a very good year so maybe there will be no harm with picking up Gates. He's better than a lot of receivers.

Cincy: you're going to play Chicago most of the time so drop/trade for wide receiver or running back depth

Dallas Clark: The TE position is not one to acquire depth in; drop/trade for wr depth. You've got Volek, grab Givens (if available). He's being paid to be a #1.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:55 PM   #5
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Apparently Jeff Fisher is talking about rotating Vince Young for a few series every game starting with game one, to confuse the defenses. I don't know if he's being serious, but if so that doesn't bode so well for Volek
Old 08-15-2006, 09:41 PM   #6
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

That would indeed suck for Volek but the Titans need to prepare for the future.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:09 AM   #7
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
I'm curious to know who you took with your 2nd overall pick. Gates? I think you were fortunate to get Rudi with the #12 spot but you probably should have picked a second RB with the following pick. I actually think Jamal Lewis will have a very good year so maybe there will be no harm with picking up Gates. He's better than a lot of receivers.

Cincy: you're going to play Chicago most of the time so drop/trade for wide receiver or running back depth

Dallas Clark: The TE position is not one to acquire depth in; drop/trade for wr depth. You've got Volek, grab Givens (if available). He's being paid to be a #1.
it went like this
1.johnson
2.brady
3.gates
4.chicago
Old 08-16-2006, 11:16 AM   #8
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

I think you're going to need the most help at WR, then RB. You should have tried to grab either a top tier receiver with your second (Harrison, Holt, Ftizgerald, etc) or at least a second running back. Then again, I always undervalue QBs and get stuck with Roethlisberger or worse.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:17 PM   #9
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post
it went like this
1.johnson
2.brady
3.gates
4.chicago
Gigity, no offense man, but I'd love to play against you in a league for money. Brady with the 13th pick is WAY overpaying. And taking a defense anywhere higher than the 8th round is a rookie mistake.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:18 PM   #10
Schneed10
A Dude

that said, if you got Jamal Lewis in the 5th round or later, you got good value.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:19 PM   #11
Monkeydad
Living Legend

WR: R.Brown(philly),Toomer,Driver
TE: Dallas Clark,Gates
D/ST: Chicago,Cincy
K: Graham(Cincy)

QB = Brady is a mediocre Fantasy QB. I had him last year and traded him for a top-tier RB and it worked out GREAT for me. Volek may not even play all year depending on Vince Young's progress.
QB Grade = C

RB = Johnson and Lewis are great WHEN healthy and should work out well for you. You may want to consider dropping an extra Defense or TE for Mike Anderson as a handcuff for Lewis. Betts is a great backup/emergency fantasy back and is expected to be more involved in the offense this year. If you get return yards, he may contribute a few bonus points there.
RB Grade = B

WR = Brown and Toomer need upgraded badly. Philly's passing game is a mess and Toomer is not a promary target in NY. If you must lose one of them, make it Brown over Toomer. Driver is a great pick, he's all GB has. Maybe you could target a FA WR like Bobby Engram.
WR Grade = C

TE = You have the BEST TE in Gates and a great backup in Clark that could start for a lot of fantasy teams since TE is so shallow of a position. Clark should be used to upgrade another position. It's better to have a good WR every week than to have a backup TE for one bye week.
TE Grade = A

DEF = Chicago is one of the better defenses. Great pick. Cincy was ranked 28th in Defense last year and can be dropped since you have other needs in more important positions. You can always pick up a defense for your bye week. I dropped Cincy's defense for Ladell Betts on one of my teams this year.
NFL - Statistics by Team - Yahoo! Sports
DEF Grade = A (for Chicago)

K = Graham is reliable.
K Grade = B

Overall Grade = B- but can be improved easily.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:24 PM   #12
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
WR: R.Brown(philly),Toomer,Driver
TE: Dallas Clark,Gates
D/ST: Chicago,Cincy
K: Graham(Cincy)

QB = Brady is a mediocre Fantasy QB. I had him last year and traded him for a top-tier RB and it worked out GREAT for me. Volek may not even play all year depending on Vince Young's progress.
QB Grade = C

RB = Johnson and Lewis are great WHEN healthy and should work out well for you. You may want to consider dropping an extra Defense or TE for Mike Anderson as a handcuff for Lewis. Betts is a great backup/emergency fantasy back and is expected to be more involved in the offense this year. If you get return yards, he may contribute a few bonus points there.
RB Grade = B

WR = Brown and Toomer need upgraded badly. Philly's passing game is a mess and Toomer is not a promary target in NY. If you must lose one of them, make it Brown over Toomer. Driver is a great pick, he's all GB has. Maybe you could target a FA WR like Bobby Engram.
WR Grade = C

TE = You have the BEST TE in Gates and a great backup in Clark that could start for a lot of fantasy teams since TE is so shallow of a position. Clark should be used to upgrade another position. It's better to have a good WR every week than to have a backup TE for one bye week.
TE Grade = A

DEF = Chicago is one of the better defenses. Great pick. Cincy was ranked 28th in Defense last year and can be dropped since you have other needs in more important positions. You can always pick up a defense for your bye week. I dropped Cincy's defense for Ladell Betts on one of my teams this year.
NFL - Statistics by Team - Yahoo! Sports
DEF Grade = A (for Chicago)

K = Graham is reliable.
K Grade = B

Overall Grade = B- but can be improved easily.
My feeling is you're being WAY too nice about the WR corps. I'd give it an F. Driver is the only one with a shot at cracking the top 20 WRs.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:27 PM   #13
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

i got volek with the 1st pick in the 14th.
i got lewis in the 7th or 8th.

schneed, as soon as i picked my defense, the next 3 picks were defense. and by the time i got to my pick in the first and second rounds that was the best i could do(johnson and brady). most of my picks were strategic according to when my starters had there bye week. If Brown from philly has the year i think he will, i will be fine.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:37 PM   #14
Schneed10
A Dude

Yeah but according to Yahoo, you took Brady way too high. He is going 23rd overall on average, which is way lower than your pick of 13th overall.

And you're definitely playing with some amateurs if defenses are flying off the board in round 4. Chicago on average is being picked 43rd overall, and Pittsburgh Carolina and the Giants aren't going until the beginning of the 7th round. Even that's too high for a defense, IMO.

Was Steve Smith available at 13? How about Chad Johnson? Lamont Jordan? Steven Jackson? Cadillac? Torry Holt? All would have been way better options than Brady there.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:43 PM   #15
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

i think the only one that was left was holt. i thought he would fall down as far as my next pick and he almost did. some guy picked him right before i picked gates.