Dumpster fire Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #91
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Dumpster fire Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
There you go w/ Cousins again..smh. As soon as they don't play well you bash him. Did Wilson play any better last night? No but his team.did. Do you do this when he played great a week or two ago when Zimmer gave him the game ball? Look at our QB situation??? It's in total shambles. It's so personal w/ you when it comes to Cousins...lol. He must have done something to you, maybe turned you down for an autograph???
Why do you care about my opinion? Plenty of people are saying the same thing in here. So I'm supposed to keep my opinions to myself to appease the Kirk apologist? GTFO with that.

I wouldn't have this opinion if he had a winning record right now; I'd probably be bashing the team about letting him go.

And what about our QB situation? It's kinda hard to predict your starter and back up QBs going down with injury.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2018, 10:39 AM   #92
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
3 in a row or we don't go!

Believe in Josh Johnson!

LOL
Playoff Push Part Deux!!!
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-11-2018, 10:42 AM   #93
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

We should have signed Cousins and built the team around him when we had the chance...I think after the first year of the Franchise tag I think we lost that chance...but there easily was a 2 year window to get a deal done.

Could built the team around him and at least had a shot. We never had a chance with Alex Smith, sorry we never did-healthy or not. That was a much worse deal...the trade and a dumbass extension....than a good contract for Cousins.

Cousins hasn't been great for Minnesota...but its the first year of the deal and they have a decent window the next 2 years with that team to make a serious run.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:44 AM   #94
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
3 in a row or we don't go!

Believe in Josh Johnson!

LOL
If this were to happen, I'd buy a custom JJ jersey
Old 12-11-2018, 10:46 AM   #95
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
There you go w/ Cousins again..smh. As soon as they don't play well you bash him. Did Wilson play any better last night? No but his team.did. Do you do this when he played great a week or two ago when Zimmer gave him the game ball? Look at our QB situation??? It's in total shambles. It's so personal w/ you when it comes to Cousins...lol. He must have done something to you, maybe turned you down for an autograph???
He's 0-5 against teams with a winning record this year, and some people on this board use the Skins FO not signing him as a reason to bash them. Now, there are plenty of reasons to bash the FO, but not keeping a middle of the pack diva qb who held the team hostage instead of signing very good (not elite) money contract shouldn't be considered one of them. I'm pretty sure I read that the offer Alex Smith accepted was similar to the one on the table for KC. IMO, that would have been a reasonable plan for both sides, but KC wanted elite money guaranteed, and he's not playing anywhere near that level, passing stats be damned.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #96
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

a pissed off (and KC hating) Vikings fan posted this.

Quote:
SportsLine
@SportsLine
Kirk Cousin Career Stats

Record In Primetime Games: 5-13

Record vs Winning Teams: 4-24

Record vs Winning Teams This Year: 0-5

Career Road Record: 12-23-2

Career Record On Monday Night Football: 0-7

#MINvsSEA
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:53 AM   #97
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
You should send a letter to the Redskin front office explaining that you came all the way across the pond to see the worst game they have ever played. I think they owe you an apology.
Dan would be like "O well"
Old 12-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #98
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We should have signed Cousins and built the team around him when we had the chance...I think after the first year of the Franchise tag I think we lost that chance...but there easily was a 2 year window to get a deal done.

Could built the team around him and at least had a shot. We never had a chance with Alex Smith, sorry we never did-healthy or not. That was a much worse deal...the trade and a dumbass extension....than a good contract for Cousins.

Cousins hasn't been great for Minnesota...but its the first year of the deal and they have a decent window the next 2 years with that team to make a serious run.
Yeah, tell that to the team/fanbase that was one game away from the SB last year.

And yes, we did have a chance with Alex, see how everything has crumbled after he went out.

Funny how people keep making excuses for Cousins, but were not willing to give Alex a chance.
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #99
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Kirk Cousins is not a top 10 QB, he is a top 10 stats QB, Both are very different. He is great when games are out of reach and he can get his garbage yards, we have seen this so many times. I was in denial and wanted Kirk back but after watching him this season and his film, nothing has changed. He's the same KC as he has been, has mental breakdowns , (last night when he just threw it back to the RB after Thielan was wide open) , He fumbles way too much and he misses throws in the Red Zone. The guy is a solid starter but not worth 84M
Old 12-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #100
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Kirk Cousins is not a top 10 QB, he is a top 10 stats QB, Both are very different. He is great when games are out of reach and he can get his garbage yards, we have seen this so many times. I was in denial and wanted Kirk back but after watching him this season and his film, nothing has changed. He's the same KC as he has been, has mental breakdowns , (last night when he just threw it back to the RB after Thielan was wide open) , He fumbles way too much and he misses throws in the Red Zone. The guy is a solid starter but not worth 84M

Yeah got agree, I don't think our record be much better today if KC was still our QB.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #101
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

The Vikings would have exact same record as us if the referees didn't cheat the Packers on one of the biggest BS roughing calls you'll ever see and they are way more talented. Cousins is not a winner, its just that simple.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #102
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Haha no the wifee came to DC but not to the game. Just came back to Paris. I'll explain how I got on the field and everything, expect a few pics too...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
I really hope you and your wife had a great time in DC! I only wish you came to watch Redskins games before Smith went down, I imagine it would have been better game experience for you.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:34 PM   #103
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Dan would be like "O well"
Or sue him once he saw he was on the field without a field pass
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #104
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Why do you care about my opinion? Plenty of people are saying the same thing in here. So I'm supposed to keep my opinions to myself to appease the Kirk apologist? GTFO with that.

I wouldn't have this opinion if he had a winning record right now; I'd probably be bashing the team about letting him go.

And what about our QB situation? It's kinda hard to predict your starter and back up QBs going down with injury.
I'm not a Kirk apologist. But it's like some of you are obsessed with ripping him over the money he got. It's crickets when he plays well but the minute he has a bad game it's.. " well at least we didn't pay the guy." Also it's painfully obvious he was better than Smith, at least in this offense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #105
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
This is a solid argument and it's debatable. Was Kirk getting garbage yards when he had come from behind wins? Or games like he had against New Orleans last year where he was let down by the defense? He had plenty of games here where he played well enough to win but lost. Sorry that ain't on him.

To me it came down to this. Would you rather pay Cousins 84m over the 3 years? Or would have rather paid Smith 71 million? Basically the Redskins saved 4 million a year for a QB that isn't as good. It blew up in their faces because now Smith is hurt and may never play again, he wasn't playing well before he got hurt and now we're back to square one.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote