Post game Packers

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-24-2018, 03:40 AM   #46
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Post game Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
BTW.... Oline looked good. There were a lot people worrying over the injuries and lack of depth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I was.
This a massive positive from yesterday's game IMO. Obviously have to watch again, but Bergstrom seems to have had a very decent game. We know Nsekhe is a very good back up.

The line with 2 starters out did a good job. Hats off to them !

Advertisements
Old 09-24-2018, 06:11 AM   #47
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyFromOverThere View Post
I know I´m by far in the minority here but I´d still prefer 2-14 over the POS wearing #26 gaining another yard.

Again, nothing can change what he did. Whether he plays good or bad football does not make people forget. It probably makes them remember. So dont let him ruin your football season. HTTR.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:15 AM   #48
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Again, nothing can change what he did. Whether he plays good or bad football does not make people forget. It probably makes them remember. So dont let him ruin your football season. HTTR.
I know. But I can´t enjoy watching him after bringing my lil one to bed.

Anyway, it´s actually not ruining my season that much. I watch the redzone channel and just enjoy the games without more emotional involvement than wanting to see good football and see my fantasy players perform well.
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:00 AM   #49
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I know. But I can´t enjoy watching him after bringing my lil one to bed.

Anyway, it´s actually not ruining my season that much. I watch the redzone channel and just enjoy the games without more emotional involvement than wanting to see good football and see my fantasy players perform well.

I hear you. I wouldn’t want him on my fantasy team. Lol. Im a dad too. What he did makes me sick. I just keep in mind that his performance on the field and his past are unrelated. Ill let God (whatever that is) take care of him.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:10 AM   #50
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I cannot believe how up and down I have been and it is only week three. Wtf? Im gonna need meds for this season. Let’s see if we can actually come out of the bye focused. We seem to have a bad habit of being flat after halftime/ bye weeks. Maybe J can work on his motivational speaking during the break.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:12 AM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
This is concerning, from twitter:

Just in: Trent Williams will undergo a very minor procedure tomorrow and is expected to be back for the #MNF game in New Orleans after the bye week. I am told it’s a very minor surgery and nothing to be overly concerned about. #Redskins
Yeah...there had been talk something wasn’t right. Good to know not major.

Hopefully this won’t linger
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:12 AM   #52
MTK
\m/

Probably just a clean up scope to take care of some loose cartilage, as Keim said not overly concerning.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #53
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
I know I´m by far in the minority here but I´d still prefer 2-14 over the POS wearing #26 gaining another yard.
Nobody cares.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:01 AM   #54
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Probably just a clean up scope to take care of some loose cartilage, as Keim said not overly concerning.
I heard coming into work...that the thinking is there is a possibility Trent may not be ready for the Saints.

That would be concerning imo.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:04 AM   #55
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Also, heard from the same beat guy who had watched the film....

The Packers dedicated a nickel corner to Chris Thompson most of the day...certainly why he was quiet...but that opened up plays for Crowder and Reed. CT's impact is huge

The guy also said Gruden called the second half like he had an elite Defense...extremely conservative which was gutsy because you are playing an elite QB.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:10 AM   #56
Schneed10
A Dude

I think it's important that we get it right regarding #91. He's one of our best players and I don't want to see him disrespected on here.

Watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OK3IgwknNs

Please jump to the following times:

2:03 - pressure on Rodgers
5:41 - pressure on Rodgers around the edge, Rodgers being Rodgers escapes
8:13 - pancakes his guy in one second, but Rodgers gets rid of it on a 3 step drop
8:21 - busts through and draws a blatant hold

And not pictured here was at least one other blatant holding call where he destroyed the tackle off the ball and all the tackle could do was clothesline him around the neck.

When you guys watch football, don't just watch the results of the play. Don't just follow the ball with your eyes. Watch the trench play, see who's winning and gaining leverage. It's a better indicator of how the game will go overall.

When PFF puts out their evaluation of Kerrigan in this game you'll see he got plenty of pressures.

I thought we were a smarter fan base than this. I'm glad to see at least some of you on here still are. Kerrigan not only didn't play poorly, he played well.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:13 AM   #57
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I heard coming into work...that the thinking is there is a possibility Trent may not be ready for the Saints.

That would be concerning imo.
It would be concerning if Moses's concussion keeps him out of that game. Nsekhe and Christian is worrisome. I'm not as worried about Nsekhe and Moses.

Saints have no defense.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #58
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Saints Defense was a one hit wonder last yr, they are back to playing old saints ball.. Trent will be fine for that game
Old 09-24-2018, 09:38 AM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
It would be concerning if Moses's concussion keeps him out of that game. Nsekhe and Christian is worrisome. I'm not as worried about Nsekhe and Moses.

Saints have no defense.
Nsekhe is much better from the left side than the right...Im just repeating what Craig Hoffman was saying this morning...that if Trent did have to miss the game, you can expect better play from Nsekhe bc its him more natural position.

When it comes to Ryan K, never worried about that guy. He's proven and will get stronger as the season goes on. Now Preston Smith, he needs to step up.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:54 AM   #60
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

The Skins played an outstanding game against the Packers! Just about everything I hoped for happened. The way they came back after the loss to the Colts impressed me greatly. HTTR!

I hope that was enough to protect me from Matty as I launch into a mild criticism of our roster. Still, you never know when Schneed might strike, so I know I'm vulnerable.

OK, now I want to talk about a worrisome aspect of the team going forward. That is the lack of production by our Edge Rushers. After three games, we have only 1 sack total by the four of them. Improbably, that sack came from Ryan Anderson, Frenchy's adopted son.

Skipping the details, if we hope to make the post season this year, then somehow, someway we must find an effective pass rusher on the edge as soon as possible. We've hit the jackpot with our interior pass rushers, IMHO. but we need a better outside rush to reach the next level of NFL defenses.

If the team's executives are telling Jay Gruden that he must win this season to keep his job, then they have a moral obligation to help him find the players he needs to do it. And they need to get started by finding a productive Edge Rusher right now. A trade should not be ruled out and it may even turn out to be the preferred way to go. Meanwhile, I'd give tryouts to every unemployed Edge Rusher who has any chance at all of being able to help plug this hole.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote