Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL week 5

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-11-2020, 11:42 PM   #61
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Around the NFL week 5

There is always the chance of infection on compound fractions.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/open-fracture-2548524

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2020, 04:51 AM   #62
AnonEmouse
The Starter

There's always risk of infection with any surgery. What you mean is there is increased risk on CF's.

Benefit Dallas has is a veteran backup not 2 years removed from starting. Be interesting to see what happens the rest of the year with Dalton starting. Not looking for controversy, but if he does well, and Prescott is in a contract year...
AnonEmouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:34 AM   #63
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Daniel Jones isn’t better than Haskins
He doesn't have the line in front of him Haskins has.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:20 AM   #64
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Reporting it now as potentially career threatening injury.
Sometimes it feels like you see the regular news and think it isn't spicy enough so you keep looking until you find the most outrageous opinion out there to discuss. I have yet to see even one reputable outlet saying that. In fact, ESPN is reporting the opposite.

Now if you were saying he won't be the same guy when he comes back, that's understandable. Especially for a mobile guy like he is. But that's a long way from career-ending.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...on-next#threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
Could this be a career-threatening injury?
By all accounts, Prescott should be able to return. Although the injury was unquestionably gruesome, players across sports have returned from similar injuries in the past and continued their careers. In baseball, Jason Kendall, Moises Alou and Robin Ventura returned from compound ankle fractures and sustained long careers. In basketball, we recently saw Celtics forward Gordon Hayward dislocate his ankle and fracture his tibia, miss an entire season and return the following year.

Most importantly, we've seen football players overcome this injury, including ball carriers. Veteran running back LeSean McCoy suffered a compound ankle fracture in high school. At the pro level, Connor Barwin and Allen Hurns were able to overcome dislocated ankles and return to the sport. No two injuries are identical, of course, but there's precedent for players making it back to play at the highest level.

Given that Alex Smith made his return to the field the day Prescott was injured, it's only natural to try to compare Prescott's injury to the Washington quarterback's. They aren't the same. Smith suffered a broken tibia and fibula and then dealt with a life-threatening infection, which led doctors to perform a total of 17 surgeries. We won't know until Prescott leaves the hospital and begins rehabilitating, but the hope is that he will avoid any infections or other complications after surgery.

No one can say for sure that Prescott will be the same player upon returning. Ankle injuries can cause serious problems for quarterbacks. Although his injury is nowhere near as severe, take Jimmy Garoppolo as an example. When the 49ers quarterback suffered a high ankle sprain in Week 2, I mentioned that quarterbacks who suffer high ankle sprains have a habit of sailing their throws when they come back, leading to sailed passes and interceptions. Garoppolo made his return Sunday and was 7-of-17 passing for 77 yards with two sailed picks before he was benched at halftime.

Prescott will have to reestablish his footwork as a passer. He might not be as explosive or impactful as a runner, which has been an underrated and valuable part of his game the past five years. He might come back as the same guy, looking like the injury never happened. He could also come back as a less mobile and versatile player, which would take a chunk out of his game.
TL;DR: If you're gonna report some shit like outlets are saying it could be career-threatening, #1 - provide a link. #2 - maybe do some fact-checking to see what the consensus is or if there's any other outlet that agrees with some rando throwing a hot take out there.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:31 AM   #65
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I hated it when it happen to Thiesman and I hated it when it happen to Smith and I hated seeing it happen to Dak. I honestly wish him nothing but the best in his recovery.

It was amazing seeing Alex Smith out there yesterday ,someone said on TV yesterday there is a Hallmark movie somewhere in his story!
Old 10-12-2020, 08:33 AM   #66
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I hated it when it happen to Thiesman and I hated it when it happen to Smith and I hated seeing it happen to Dak. I honestly wish him nothing but the best in his recovery.

It was amazing seeing Alex Smith out there yesterday ,someone said on TV yesterday there is a Hallmark movie somewhere in his story!
The title of the movie will be "-6 yards offense after the half"
Old 10-12-2020, 08:33 AM   #67
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Daniel Jones made a few throws yesterday Haskins could never make lol.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:54 AM   #68
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

Freakin' Romo..."OHHHHHHHHHH YOU JUST GOTTA HOPE THAT'S JUST A CRAMP" as we look at Dek's foot broken off and hanging at a bad, bad angle.

The bad news for Dak is that he never got his contract done, demanding a crazy amount of money...he may have really screwed himself. That may have been his last game as a Cowboy.

If I were the team, roll with Dalton on the cheap for a few more years and use all of that money to get a defense. That's the team's real problem, no defense.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:19 AM   #69
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yeah WTF was Romo thinking?? You could tell he broke it right away
Old 10-12-2020, 11:04 AM   #70
Ruhskins
Living Legend

In other news, Falcons have fired Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:42 AM   #71
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Quinn got Dimitroff fired. Should have sacked him last year, if not the year before. Owner likes him a lot but stuck his own neck on the block because he backed Quinn.
AnonEmouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:58 AM   #72
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I still don't get what is wrong with them. They've been beat up on defense with injuries the last 2 seasons...but now they're hardly scoring, and with all those weapons it just doesn't make sense. It will be interesting to see where Matt Ryan plays next season.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:45 PM   #73
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
There is always the chance of infection on compound fractions.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/open-fracture-2548524
That's what happened to Smith and he was lucky not to loose his leg. My buddy does trama and he says everyone is different with these injuries. Some bounce back and some don't.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:57 PM   #74
SunnySide
Playmaker

That Niners 2021 3rd round pick in the Trent trade is looking better than expected.
Old 10-12-2020, 02:12 PM   #75
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
That Niners 2021 3rd round pick in the Trent trade is looking better than expected.
Yep! The more I think about it, the more I'm not surprised by Williams's subpar performance. Being out of football for 2 years and short training due to COVID after being traded to SF undoubtedly had an affect on Williams's performance.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote