Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Post Dumpster Fire...er Skins vs. Saints Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Biggest goat from the Saints debacle?
Coaches 29 76.32%
Alex Smith 3 7.89%
Offensive line 2 5.26%
Secondary 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2018, 10:36 AM   #76
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Post Dumpster Fire...er Skins vs. Saints Thread

Jay made lots of statements over the summer, almost making sure to throw shade on Cousins, about how much they upgraded at QB, blah blah blah, how they built the team for Alex to win now. And I thought then that he was basically digging his own hole, that if we tanked, he would for sure be fired.

There's a chance for us to recover but I don't really see it happening because making adjustments / changes isn't really Jay's thing. I think that there will be serious consideration on firing Jay if we get beaten badly by the Panthers. I'm not saying fire him after the game, but I would believe they would be talking about firing him at the end of the last game...

But like many smart folks have said on here: Who coaches the team next? Who would want to come and work for Snyder and Allen?

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2018, 10:39 AM   #77
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Jay made lots of statements over the summer, almost making sure to throw shade on Cousins, about how much they upgraded at QB, blah blah blah, how they built the team for Alex to win now. And I thought then that he was basically digging his own hole, that if we tanked, he would for sure be fired.

There's a chance for us to recover but I don't really see it happening because making adjustments / changes isn't really Jay's thing. I think that there will be serious consideration on firing Jay if we get beaten badly by the Panthers. I'm not saying fire him after the game, but I would believe they would be talking about firing him at the end of the last game...

But like many smart folks have said on here: Who coaches the team next? Who would want to come and work for Snyder and Allen?
Bill Lazor OC Bengals.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #78
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
One positive to point out is, Jonathan Allen has become the leader of the D and will not take shit from anyone. He comes from a winning tradition and hopefully his attitude will rub off on the others.

I’m beginning to dislike DJ, STFU and play the game:

Redskins safety D.J. Swearinger called Saints receiver Michael Thomas a "clown." Swearinger and the other defensive backs complained about what Thomas would do after the whistle, such as hitting them in the leg and other stuff. "He's just a clown; just clowning," Swearinger said. "Just doing little petty stuff after the play. Petty stuff after the play the referees would call if this wasn't history night for Drew Brees. But we had to fight against the refs and all that, too."
Jonathan Allen should be made team captain ASAP.

A quick side note, not that this would have mattered but the refs missed a ton of calls in the first half including: M. Thomas grabbing Dunbar's facemask, a false start by A. Kamara, and several holds on Kerrigan. It was like they wanted to make sure Brees got the record in the first half.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:47 AM   #79
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

I have also been reluctant and have been giving Jay every benefit of the doubt, but I'm here now as well. I hated all those years of a new coach every 2 or 3 years, but it's time to try again. To me, what Jay has shown is if he has very good pieces that fit well in his offensive "scheme"...the offense can score some points. But when he doesn't or it's simply not working, he cannot make any adjustments. His team RARELY ever comes back after getting behind, and even in close games at halftime, we never see any changes in the second half to overcome what wasn't working in the first. In just this season, they have done NOTHING in the 3rd quarter of every game!
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:48 AM   #80
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-washington/

Swearinger is right and this has been an observation by many...Gruden practice and camp is too loose.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:57 AM   #81
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-washington/

Swearinger is right and this has been an observation by many...Gruden practice and camp is too loose.
Fully agree. Gruden is too comfortable and he's making things too comfortable for the players. There needs to be some serious heat coming down from the owner on both Allen and Gruden.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #82
MTK
\m/

I think we've seen enough of Gruden by now to know what he is. He's a mediocre HC. If you're looking for 7-9 wins he can get you there. He can generally scheme up a pretty good offense, he won't have a problem getting another job as a OC/QB coach.

Barring a major reversal of what his past history says he is, it's time to go HC shopping again this offseason.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #83
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Jonathan Allen should be made team captain ASAP.

A quick side note, not that this would have mattered but the refs missed a ton of calls in the first half including: M. Thomas grabbing Dunbar's facemask, a false start by A. Kamara, and several holds on Kerrigan. It was like they wanted to make sure Brees got the record in the first half.
They didn't miss any holds on Kerrigan. Its part of the NFL rulebook that holding Redskins passrushers is allowed, especially if its a chokehold. Was the same with Orakpo and got passed down to Kerrigan.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:36 AM   #84
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I should just never get excited about anything with this team. Tired of playing the fool. Like why would I think anything else but embarrassing ourselves was a possibility last night? It happens every time, but I trick myself into saying we can win. Gruden cannot handle the bright lights and get players to play disciplined/tough football. He's a Sunday at 10:00 a.m. (PCT) kind of guy.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #85
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think we've seen enough of Gruden by now to know what he is. He's a mediocre HC. If you're looking for 7-9 wins he can get you there. He can generally scheme up a pretty good offense, he won't have a problem getting another job as a OC/QB coach.

Barring a major reversal of what his past history says he is, it's time to go HC shopping again this offseason.
Last night was the 100% Final nail for me man, I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt last yr with the QB mess but this is just who he is
Old 10-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #86
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I really hope our next HC is a tough as nails defensive guy that won't take shit like last night. We can then hire a good OC. At this point tho, schemes on offense or defense are secondary in need compared to rebranding the entire team philosophy and attitude. The pathetic display put on last night is all good common and isn't getting fixed. Its all empty words with this team.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:45 AM   #87
rocnrik
Playmaker

The only way this team get to a high caliber is fire Bruce and bring in a real GM and let him do the rest as in fire all the coaches and tell Danny boy I’m running the show ... but I don’t think it will happen .. the redskins and cowboys are pretty much in the same place ..owners with huge egos and bad coaching ... neither team is likely playoff bound. Bad part is we got to watch this crap for rest of year. But I guess the only bright spot is 8-8 might win the division so it ain’t over..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #88
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Positive from last nights game: All my expectations for the season have been shattered and I will no longer stress the outcome of games this season.

I feel some changes a'comin.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:01 PM   #89
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
They didn't miss any holds on Kerrigan. Its part of the NFL rulebook that holding Redskins passrushers is allowed, especially if its a chokehold. Was the same with Orakpo and got passed down to Kerrigan.
So you don't think this is a hold?

https://twitter.com/wldthing20/statu...87232715972608

or this

https://twitter.com/wldthing20/statu...87232715972608
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:02 PM   #90
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Apparently there is a rule that "allows" for holding when the defender uses a rip move and gets under the linemans block, and that's why you see Kerrigan with one arm free being held a lot, but I don't know where to find it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk