Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

MLB thread

Other Sports

Old 10-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #316
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: MLB thread

I would love Rays Dodgers. Only reason I want the Braves is because of Nicky M. Astros no interest at all.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2020, 09:32 AM   #317
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I would love Rays Dodgers. Only reason I want the Braves is because of Nicky M. Astros no interest at all.
Bmore, the Braves are the best story. No name young pitching staff...Acuna, the best young player in the game not name tatis. MVP freddie freeman.

Eff the dodgers. They are trash

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #318
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So glad the Yankees got handled

He Gets Us
Old 10-10-2020, 10:09 AM   #319
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Bmore, the Braves are the best story. No name young pitching staff...Acuna, the best young player in the game not name tatis. MVP freddie freeman.

Eff the dodgers. They are trash
Braves are a great story. I have no use for the city therefore don't like the teams from there.

Edit: Not that I like LA either it is a trash city, but I love the old school Brooklyn Dodgers logos.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:24 AM   #320
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Braves are a great story. I have no use for the city therefore don't like the teams from there.

Edit: Not that I like LA either it is a trash city, but I love the old school Brooklyn Dodgers logos.
Those logos are all time hall of fame sports logos...good call!

Still can’t believe the Rays won. I hate the Yankees and there buy the best free agent available team build strategy

He Gets Us
Old 10-10-2020, 11:41 AM   #321
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

What's wrong with the city of Atlanta?
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 09:39 AM   #322
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
What's wrong with the city of Atlanta?
Umm Can I say it is the home of CNN's headquarters?

In reality it is just a weird personal issue. I have done a conference there for three summers. I end up at the Marriott Marquis beautiful hotel, I love Piedmont Park. However, every time I step out of the hotel there is a guy yelling at me to hold up because they want to show me something. This happens multiple times in one outing and it is such a bizarre and frustrating behavior. During my time when the person has caught up to show me something they have tried to sell me an open disposable camera for $20, a loose cigarette for a $1, a five pack of Coca Cola for $5, and a 1990s gameboy for $100, among various other miscellaneous items. I have also been propositioned to help a stranger tag team a pair of girls the next block over and once a guy that told me his sister thought I was attractive and wanted to hookup with me. While this behavior might not be unique to Atlanta it is the only city I have been to an experienced such annoying and odd requests.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:47 AM   #323
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

In reality it is just a weird personal issue. I have done a conference there for three summers. I end up at the Marriott Marquis beautiful hotel, I love Piedmont Park. However, every time I step out of the hotel there is a guy yelling at me to hold up because they want to show me something. This happens multiple times in one outing and it is such a bizarre and frustrating behavior. During my time when the person has caught up to show me something they have tried to sell me an open disposable camera for $20, a loose cigarette for a $1, a five pack of Coca Cola for $5, and a 1990s gameboy for $100, among various other miscellaneous items. I have also been propositioned to help a stranger tag team a pair of girls the next block over and once a guy that told me his sister thought I was attractive and wanted to hookup with me. While this behavior might not be unique to Atlanta it is the only city I have been to an experienced such annoying and odd requests.
Lol...wtf. Overall Atlanta is an overrated city. But I love the new Braves complex. Great field and fan experience. Turner field was kinda a dump

He Gets Us
Old 10-11-2020, 12:15 PM   #324
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Lol...wtf. Overall Atlanta is an overrated city. But I love the new Braves complex. Great field and fan experience. Turner field was kinda a dump
I only have been once for a couple days. But overrated was exactly the word I would use to describe it. I found the city rather boring. There isn't shit to do downtown.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:17 PM   #325
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

Homeless people in Atlanta are different than any other city I've ever been to. I had multiple people follow me for blocks and they kept talking and talking like we were friends. It was very unique experience to say the least. They were all friendly but being followed by anyone is always weird.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:33 AM   #326
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Astros - Braves is my pick.

Although, it will likely be the Dodgers.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:12 AM   #327
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Dodgers are fucking loaded. They can easily reel off the next 4, but winning game is 1 huge.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 10-13-2020 at 03:22 AM.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:21 PM   #328
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Clayton Kershaw has been scratched from his NLCS Game 2 start against the Braves on Tuesday due to back spasms.

Huge news for the Dodgers. No word yet on if Kershaw is simply being pushed back a day or two, but one would think it would take something rather problematic to force him from making a postseason start. Tony Gonsolin will make the start in his place on Tuesday.

!!!!!

He Gets Us
Old 10-13-2020, 01:09 PM   #329
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Clayton Kershaw has been scratched from his NLCS Game 2 start against the Braves on Tuesday due to back spasms.

Huge news for the Dodgers. No word yet on if Kershaw is simply being pushed back a day or two, but one would think it would take something rather problematic to force him from making a postseason start. Tony Gonsolin will make the start in his place on Tuesday.

!!!!!
I just read about Kershaw missing the start. You gotta wonder how serious the issue is for all things considered. Huge advantage for Atlanta. TB and Atlanta off to great starts in these series.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:49 PM   #330
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I thought Betts was the missing piece to the puzzle?