Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL Week 12

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2016, 07:03 AM   #76
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Around the NFL Week 12

For me watching Griffin is pure morbid curiosity. I want to see him play cause I'm waiting for the next car crash.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2016, 07:07 AM   #77
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
For me watching Griffin is pure morbid curiosity. I want to see him play cause I'm waiting for the next car crash.

I'll save you the trouble:
9-27
132 yards passing
19 yards running
0 td's
1 int
3 awkward slides
1 twisted ankle

Edit: I totally hear you though, and it is not that I am rooting against him. It is just that I do not understand why people still think that he can succeed at this level.

Last edited by punch it in; 11-30-2016 at 09:04 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:55 AM   #78
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I like to discuss, forces to really think an idea through.

When you say you have no problem with the rule, that means you are okay if more and more games end the way bengals @ ravens game ended?

I'm okay with the playcall because it was legal, smart play. But I'm not okay with the rules allowing this.

Just imagine, playoffs, Redskins @ Cowboys, we're trailing 14 - 23, we score a TD with 1:15 left in the game, 21 - 23, we have 3 timeouts left. Onside kick, the cowboys recover. They don't want to take any chances so they snap the ball, Dak runs away to the 5yards line, all other 10 players commit holdings, facemasks, whatever the F needs to be done to prevent any redskins player to get to Dak, to linemen follow him around and throw white powder in the face of defenders WWE style. That for 1:15. Cowboys win.

Ok they sure would be fined after the game for some of the personal fouls. But still a legal win. I'm not ok with that ^^

That's a stretch but you get my point...
I like the white powder in the eyes idea. Very XFL-like. But don't give John Harbaugh any more ideas. He's shady enough as it is.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:15 AM   #79
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I had a discussion with a cowboys fan and he literally just told me that Dak is having a way better rookie yr than RG3 had and he's just as good as a runner lmfao!!! I love delusional cowboys fans. I can't wait until next year when teams have film on him for a whole off season. He's going to crash right back to earth with their fans

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2016, 09:20 AM   #80
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Speaking of crashing to earth...Whats RG3's ego gonna be like if he is under center for the Browns leading them to an 0-16 season?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #81
J. Falcon
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I had a discussion with a cowboys fan and he literally just told me that Dak is having a way better rookie yr than RG3 had and he's just as good as a runner lmfao!!! I love delusional cowboys fans. I can't wait until next year when teams have film on him for a whole off season. He's going to crash right back to earth with their fans

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Let's hope he crashes sooner, this year, in their first playoff game.
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:40 AM   #82
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Let's hope Fisher is gone for good. What an ass.

Eric Dickerson won't attend Rams games while Fisher is head coach
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:04 AM   #83
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Speaking of crashing to earth...Whats RG3's ego gonna be like if he is under center for the Browns leading them to an 0-16 season?
He won't even play probably. Dude needs to hang it up
Old 11-30-2016, 12:52 PM   #84
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Right now there are rules for that. 1 - repeated personal fouls result in ejections.
2 - teams making palpably unfair acts can be penalized and time added back to the clock. So in your scenario Dallas would likely lose players AND give us the ball back with more time.

There is a reason these things don't happen consistently.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I'd say ordering all your players to simultaneously commit holding is a pretty unfair act then.

Anyway I'm just glad we're all seriously discussing of what rule should be applied on such a play ^^
Old 12-11-2016, 09:29 PM   #85
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I'll save you the trouble:
9-27
132 yards passing
19 yards running
0 td's
1 int
3 awkward slides
1 twisted ankle

Edit: I totally hear you though, and it is not that I am rooting against him. It is just that I do not understand why people still think that he can succeed at this level.

Hate to quote myself, but I was pretty damn spot on. Dude is just a train wreck. I find it hard to believe he is anybody's best option. Even Cleveland.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:05 AM   #86
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Also, just want to bitch for a hot second: why the fuck does the Giants FA spending spree work out?! ANY OTHER TEAM does that shit and it fails miserably. Their defense is looking nasty.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #87
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He won't even play probably. Dude needs to hang it up
NFL morning after: The sad decline of Robert Griffin III | ProFootballTalk

Plenty of once-great quarterbacks reached a stage in their careers when they simply couldn’t do it anymore. Brett Favre had a terrible final season in Minnesota. Joe Namath had a lousy final season in Los Angeles. Johnny Unitas had an ugly final season in San Diego.

But those once-great quarterbacks had a long and sustained period of greatness before it reached that point. What made me sad as I watched Robert Griffin III flounder in Cleveland yesterday is that his greatness was so short-lived, that he’ll be remembered primarily for his subsequent failures.

With the way Griffin has played for the Browns this year (even worse than Cody Kessler and Josh McCown, the other quarterbacks who have helped Cleveland reach 0-13), and the way Griffin didn’t play at all last year, and struggled with injuries and ineffectiveness for two years before that, it’s hard to escape the conclusion that Griffin is done as an NFL starter. At age 26.

In the last few years, as Griffin has gone from star to dud, I’ve heard people suggest that Griffin was never any good in the first place and was overhyped as a rookie. Sorry, but that’s preposterous. Griffin was great as a rookie. The Griffin who led Washington to the playoffs as a rookie was as fine a rookie quarterback as the NFL has ever seen. He was the fastest runner ever to play the position, before wrecking his knee in the playoffs at the end of his rookie year, but he was an outstanding passer as well: He threw for 20 touchdown passes and only five interceptions and set an NFL rookie record with a 102.4 passer rating. As a rookie, Griffin was marvelous

welp...I remember some folks who were thinking we just let a "baller" go when RG3 left...He probably getting cut in the offseason. Ill always appreciate that dream rookie season

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote