Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Om Field: Redskins/Steelers Review - Defense (and other stories)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
-Om-
Special Teams

Om Field: Redskins/Steelers Review - Defense (and other stories)

Redskins vs Steelers Review: Defense (and other stories)
August 26, 2009

There were several Redskins defensive storylines I could have focused on Saturday night, when Washington squared off against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Preseason Week Two.

You know the kind …

Had MLB London Fletcher really lost the half-step he seemed to have misplaced a couple of times against the Ravens in Week One? Did sophomore CB Justin Tryon replace the athletic supporter said marauding purple gang stole from him? Was Redskins Defensive Coordinator Greg Blache going to demonstrate yet again that there is, in fact, a flavor less than vanilla?

Stuff like that.

But at “game” time, when it came right down to it, turns out the only thing I was really dialed in to see was whether or not the Redskins revamped defensive line could get after the damn quarterback.

Drilling down even further, I discovered the one thing I really wanted to see was how the starting group fared in that regard. Depth is a wonderful thing, to be sure. A dynamic, dominating wall of slobbering oncoming burgundy and gold, overrunning the offensive line from the opening gun, however, is even, well …wonderfuller. The last time the Redskins had one of those, I had hair. Sometimes I wonder if there’s a connection.

So, preseason level of appropriate seriousness properly calibrated …

CLICK HERE
to read more
-Om- is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Re: Om Field: Redskins/Steelers Review - Defense (and other stories)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Om- View Post
Redskins vs Steelers Review: Defense (and other stories)
August 26, 2009

There were several Redskins defensive storylines I could have focused on Saturday night, when Washington squared off against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Preseason Week Two.

You know the kind …

Had MLB London Fletcher really lost the half-step he seemed to have misplaced a couple of times against the Ravens in Week One? Did sophomore CB Justin Tryon replace the athletic supporter said marauding purple gang stole from him? Was Redskins Defensive Coordinator Greg Blache going to demonstrate yet again that there is, in fact, a flavor less than vanilla?

Stuff like that.

But at “game” time, when it came right down to it, turns out the only thing I was really dialed in to see was whether or not the Redskins revamped defensive line could get after the damn quarterback.

Drilling down even further, I discovered the one thing I really wanted to see was how the starting group fared in that regard. Depth is a wonderful thing, to be sure. A dynamic, dominating wall of slobbering oncoming burgundy and gold, overrunning the offensive line from the opening gun, however, is even, well …wonderfuller. The last time the Redskins had one of those, I had hair. Sometimes I wonder if there’s a connection.

So, preseason level of appropriate seriousness properly calibrated …

CLICK HERE
to read more

Damm! i think you are so right.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote