Update: Favre Returns (Again); Signs with Vikings

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #31
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

re: Update: Favre Returns (Again); Signs with Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Exactly. Not only was he dishonest and deceitful about his intentions, he was a total puss about it too- skipping out on camp and a chance to get to know his new teammates knowing damn well he was gonna sign anyway.

Now he enters his time in Minnesota with an air of superiority. The guys in that locker room are friends with Sage and Tavaris, and have been working their butts off side by side with them in training camp. Now comes this old diva, who with no preparation or work whatsoever will unseat the other two QBs and simply fall into the starting lineup. Shitty for chemistry IMO.

I can't stand Favre anymore. It's a shame. I used to love the guy. I'm not gonna lie, I hope he falls falt on his face with this comeback attempt. He needs to go away.
I agree completely. Heck, he doesn't have to befriend his teammates or prep with new receivers, because he is the invincible Favre! (or so he thinks)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #32
KLHJ2
Inactive

bump
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #33
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Unreal.

How.....
Old 08-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #34
firstdown
Living Legend

I wonder if Madden will now come out of retirement.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #35
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

^^^
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #36
over the mountain
Playmaker

favre used to be one of my fav non skins players just b/c he stuck with the same team so long, always played his butt off and did some special things in the league. watching him in green bay was watching a future first ballot hall of famer in his prime, it and he was special.

that being said, this has gotten out of control. i understood last year that he wanted away from GB b/c they wouldnt commit to him as the starter and he didnt want to ride into the sunset on the bench but this .. . is . . . beyond me now.

i hope he does well in minny.

go skins!!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #37
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
The guy has mental problems. He can still play, but I sure am sick of hearing his name.
The media has far more mental problems than the guy who likes to play football.

THEY are to blame for us being sick of his name with their daily "FAVRE WATCH" and leading off segments/front pages and constant baseless talk about him.

Sure he has changed his mind in the past, but the reason we're sick of Brett Favre is NOT Brett Favre, it's the perverted love affair the media has with him. They overblow and prolong every decision the man tries to make.

If he can still play, I don't care about him coming back. Even if he can't play...who cares, he'll be ruining one of the NFC's Super Bowl contenders, not MY team.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #38
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
The media has far more mental problems than the guy who likes to play football.

THEY are to blame for us being sick of his name with their daily "FAVRE WATCH" and leading off segments/front pages and constant baseless talk about him.

Sure he has changed his mind in the past, but the reason we're sick of Brett Favre is NOT Brett Favre, it's the perverted love affair the media has with him. They overblow and prolong every decision the man tries to make.

If he can still play, I don't care about him coming back. Even if he can't play...who cares, he'll be ruining one of the NFC's Super Bowl contenders, not MY team.
I agree that the media has a stupid obsession with drenching us in everything Favre.

But the fact remains that Favre has become a circus. Retiring, un-retiring, BS press conferences about being done for good, etc etc. That's all him. The media didn't make him do it. And don't give me the whole, "he just loves to play," bit. If he loved the game that much at this point, he would never have retired to begin with. He just would have kept showing up until his wheels fell off.

Ever since Aaron Rogers was ready to take the reins in GB, Favre's MO has been all about sticking it to Ted Thompson and the Packers front office. This isn't about the love of the game. Not even close. Otherwise, why is Minnesota the ONLY team he considered playing for? I mean, his career numbers in the Metrodome have been pretty bad. Why Minny? Who is their arch rival? Exactly.

And what the hell was last year about? He didn't give a rat's ass about the Jets. He couldn't sign with Minny last year, so the Jets were nothing but a big payday stop-gap until he could stick it to the Packers in Minnesota. He's had playing for the Vikings in his head since the day the Packers bid him adieu.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #39
MTK
\m/

I think Favre and the Vikes knew this was the plan all along. He wanted to skip out on the start of camp, to "rest his arm" and now he's back just in time to snatch away the starting job. People are kidding themselves if they think this just happened out of the blue.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #40
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I think Rosenfelds will get the starting job after Favre starts to throw interceptions all over the place. He's no better than a backup at this stage of his career.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #41
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I think Rosenfelds will get the starting job after Favre starts to throw interceptions all over the place. He's no better than a backup at this stage of his career.
Rosenfels wasn't even leading in the competition with Jackson. Nothing indicates that he'll start for them, particularly not with Favre on the team.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #42
johno
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Now he enters his time in Minnesota with an air of superiority. The guys in that locker room are friends with Sage and Tavaris, and have been working their butts off side by side with them in training camp. Now comes this old diva, who with no preparation or work whatsoever will unseat the other two QBs and simply fall into the starting lineup. Shitty for chemistry IMO.

fantastic post, i agree wholeheartedly. is the wr core just supposed to invent some sort of chemistry with favre in the next two weeks?
Old 08-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #43
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Exactly. Not only was he dishonest and deceitful about his intentions, he was a total puss about it too- skipping out on camp and a chance to get to know his new teammates knowing damn well he was gonna sign anyway.

I can't stand Favre anymore. It's a shame. I used to love the guy. I'm not gonna lie, I hope he falls falt on his face with this comeback attempt. He needs to go away.
If he gives them abetter chance at winning the other players will not give a dang who is playing QB. I'd say give Brett a few weeks an it will be obvious who is the better of the three.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #44
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
fantastic post, i agree wholeheartedly. is the wr core just supposed to invent some sort of chemistry with favre in the next two weeks?
On the other hand, if they all gel, does that imply chemistry is overblown as a reason for success/failure of qb-wr tandems?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #45
MTK
\m/

A couple of things.

#1 - I hate the Favre drama just as much as anyone, but if I'm a Vikes fan I love this move. Rosenfels and Jackson are both unproven scrubs and regardless of who won the job between these two the Vikes would have been saddled with mediocre QB play all year.

#2 - There is a big difference between Favre going to the Jets last year and going to the Vikes this year. With the Vikes he is very familiar with their offensive schemes and terminology, the learning curve will be little to none as compared to last year where he was in a completely different offense.

#3 - I don't buy that this is bad for team chemistry. I think there are plenty of guys in that locker room that were pulling for this move and knew all along it was eventually going to happen. I doubt that anyone in that locker room is truly surprised today.

#4 - Regardless of his late season struggles which were more due to injury than anything else last year, the guy can still get it done and at a higher level than the likes of Rosenfels and Jackson.

#5 - Thank god this doesn't involve the Redskins. Was it Florio that floated the retarded Favre to the Redskins rumor?