Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins @ Lions pregame thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-19-2016, 04:50 AM   #1
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

0) (First, I really am sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's toes by starting this thread, if I am, please delete it and start a more legit one...)

1) ... But I'm really excited about this one: I say the Lions can very well be the first team we destroy this year!

I'm watching the Rams @ Lions game, and... I mean just look at the stats:

Lions rank 18th OvrOff; 14th PassOff; and 26th RushOff (that last one is great for us!) and 25th OvrDef; 23rd PassDef; and 21st RushDef ... Our offense can end up having fun against these guys!

2) Against the Rams: they ran for only 83 yards against the 23rd ranked RushDef ! ... And allowed 311 passing yards to the 28th ranked passing offense !

3) Finally, they lead the NFL in penalty yards (48 flags for 450 yards), last week, at home, they got several false starts.

4) We are on a pretty darn good hot streak, if Barry keeps bringing pressure, their O-line isn't great, Stafford is a very good QB but we have the weapons to neutralize him. That can be an easy one! Let's earn respect this week! HTTR !

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 10-19-2016 at 05:19 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-19-2016, 07:22 AM   #2
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Skins @ Lions pregame thread

Great post. Totally agree. We should be able to match up well against them. It would be just awesome to be up by 21 points or so in the fourth, and not have to sweat it out.
There are only two words that can stand in our way this week......TRAP GAME!....lol
Skins-33
Lions-12
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:17 AM   #3
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

On paper (how many times have we said this?) we should absolutely crush them. Their few strengths match up well against ours. Somehow they are 3-3, but if there's a game we should dominate, it's this one.

Going to go crazy here:

Skins - Forty Burger.
Lions - 14.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:24 AM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

A couple of negative nancy moments:

Detroit somehow always finds a way to get under the Skins skin. They won't be an easy win by any stretch.

Breeland is going to have his make or break game. I have to believe the other NFL teams have watched this year and know he isn't the same corner as last year. With Norman playing lights out, Stafford is going to go mercilessly at Breeland. IF he steps up, it will be a huge statement game. If he continues to struggle, it will be a looonng afternoon.

This game should be a eye opener to the rest of the league about our offense. If we don't put up over 35, it will be because Gruden took his foot off the gas and lacks aggressiveness in point accumulation. Something I have disliked about him for the past 2 years.

When was the last time the Redskins won 5 in a row? Does anyone know without google?

It's a rough one this week, not because we can't win it, but more so because Detroit is just enough of an enigma to the Skins that we probably won't win.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:24 AM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Matt Stafford has been on fire, but they are one dimensional.

Its gonna be interesting if both Defensive Tackles are out again for the Lions, they got 2 pretty good ones who are gimpy.

We should be able to move the ball...on the road, dome, could be a close game at first, but we should pull away in the 4th...36-26 Skins

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:27 AM   #6
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

Detroit somehow always finds a way to get under the Skins skin. They won't be an easy win by any stretch.

Breeland is going to have his make or break game. I have to believe the other NFL teams have watched this year and know he isn't the same corner as last year. With Norman playing lights out, Stafford is going to go mercilessly at Breeland. IF he steps up, it will be a huge statement game. If he continues to struggle, it will be a looonng afternoon.

This game should be a eye opener to the rest of the league about our offense. If we don't put up over 35, it will be because Gruden took his foot off the gas and lacks aggressiveness in point accumulation. Something I have disliked about him for the past 2 years.

When was the last time the Redskins won 5 in a row? Does anyone know without google?

It's a rough one this week, not because we can't win it, but more so because Detroit is just enough of an enigma to the Skins that we probably won't win.

No googling. I know the two years we went to the playoffs with Gibbs that we won five in a row - I believe- so i will say the second playoff year under Gibbs 2.0
Old 10-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #7
J. Falcon
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
No googling. I know the two years we went to the playoffs with Gibbs that we won five in a row - I believe- so i will say the second playoff year under Gibbs 2.0
Pretty sure RG3 rookie year we won 5 in a row. How many in a row did we win last year?
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:36 AM   #8
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Falcon View Post
Pretty sure RG3 rookie year we won 5 in a row. How many in a row did we win last year?

I was going to throw that in the mix too. You could be right. I definitely remember saying "five in a row or we don't go" for Gibbs.
Edit: if it was last year than me and C-Red have very short memories. Lol
Old 10-19-2016, 08:38 AM   #9
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I think we'll get pressure on Stafford this week.

Full Kool-aid. Total b-hole pounding of the Lions. CRedskinsRule, I agree, they are a pain in our ass. I remember being drunk as fuck in Hawaii watching them lose to the Lions at 7AM after they were about to break an NFL high losing streak (yay, time difference!). I'm a classy bitch.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #10
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

Good point. That is why pressure will be so damn important! Their O-line really isn't that great, they rank 25th in sacks allowed, against the Rams Stafford spent some time escaping the pocket... We have to be able to do that to him too.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:45 AM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Lions v Skins stat:
the Skins lead the series 30-13, but Detroit has won the last 3, and since 1999 is 4-2 against us in Detroit
Old 10-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Falcon View Post
yep you are right, it was 2012, before that was 2005. I forgot about the end of season streak with RG3, good call. It was 4 last year, and the 2nd playoff run in JG2.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:56 AM   #13
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
yep you are right, it was 2012, before that was 2005. I forgot about the end of season streak with RG3, good call. It was 4 last year, and the 2nd playoff run in JG2.

Yes. First playoff run under gibbs 2.0.
2012 they finished 6-0. 6-1/2 if you count the first half against Seattle. Man they were rolling. Than the injury.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:00 AM   #14
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Damn. I remember that so well. First time I got thrown out of a bar. Dude saw I was the most enthusiastic (drunk) Redskins fan there. Would do a slow clap any time Seattle made a good play. I eventually got up in his face...

Not my proudest moment to hassle someone over sports...
Old 10-19-2016, 09:31 AM   #15
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

We are not blowing out Detroit guys. They are on a roll and Stafford is playing MVP level of football. I think without a run game that will ultimately hurt them too much and we win a close game. 31-24. Our offense in a dome will be too much for the lions defense but again Stafford is rolling.

Cousins will have 4 tds 0 ints

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk