Still in it: Redskins-Eagles Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #46
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Still in it: Redskins-Eagles Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Wow good news on cravens...elbow flexor, week to week. Man the way they were taking yesterday it seemed like cravens would be out for awhile, possibly the year.

Wild Compton is also week to week...sounds like both avoided major injuries
I saw that, we dodged a bullett and feel better about our playoff chances.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-12-2016, 04:39 PM   #47
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I know the Everett play was bad but look at it this way, if he doesn't smack Sproles, he is out there on that last drive and could have gotten them the game winning TD.....
True.

I can see where the Eagles would be upset with the hit. However I do think the fact that they lost flamed that fire more so.

The way I look at it is; at least it's not us anymore. I used to watch teams come into FedEx and smack us right in the mouth and laugh as they walked out with a W. When Scot McC took over and said, "We won't always get a win but after you play the Redskins, you're gonna feel it." I was ecstatic and wanted to see that happen, and it has. In this league it's either Hit or Get Hit and we've gotten more and more physical the past two years.

We've beaten the Eagles FIVE times in a row. We're laying people out and playing with enough emotion to start fights/scuffles. This is how football is supposed to be played. I'm loving every minute of this season and the overall Scot McC rebuild.

Another year or two and we have a legitimate contender boys.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:49 PM   #48
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Wow good news on cravens...elbow flexor, week to week. Man the way they were taking yesterday it seemed like cravens would be out for awhile, possibly the year.

Yes! Great news on both counts..
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 05:48 PM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

This is good news, thanks for sharing. I won't expect them back within the next two weeks but if we made the playoffs we definitely could use them
Old 12-12-2016, 08:33 PM   #50
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
I thought Kujo was fairly terrible yesterday....he had a tough assignment, but I saw him get dominated in pass pro a couple times and flat out killed on run blocking. Lauvoa is better. Sullivan was decent yesterday. Maybe put Spencer Long in at LG Sullivan at Center.

I think we should slide Bree into slot coverage, see if that helps.
Keim didn't think so, neither did I

I’m sticking with a blocking theme because the Redskins did a rather solid job of it, including left guard Arie Kouandjio in his second start. The Eagles’ interior is excellent, with Bennie Logan and Fletcher Cox. Kouandjio sometimes had issues, but most of them seemed to be ones coaching and experience can help

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 02:21 AM   #51
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
How did I forget Baushad Breeland? He still played like ass today, admitted he was better in the second half but not by much. No way I'd rely on him next year. He played like ass for 8 consecutive quarters, there's no way I let him off the hook for the 2nd half. Did anyone notice how Dunbar was getting picked on in the second half too? Good kid but he was getting exposed too. And when he's getting picked on it's easy to forget about Breeland.

Another negative: When your d is so bad the opposing coach doesn't even have to think about going for it on 4th down, he just does. Total lack of respect, and well deserved too. When you have 3rd and 14 and you turn it into a 4th and 1, I mean our d deserves all the scorn they get. You used to love those situations, now I just sit there wondering if the drive is gonna stop before they score or not.

I will give the d some credit, we have our best record at this stage in years and we wouldn't be winning if they were giving up points as much as they give up yards. But the games where they don't get stops turn into easy wins for our opponents, like the Dallas/Cards game.

As for Everett, the rules all state you have to give the PR time to catch the ball. He didn't, at all. If that was Crowder back there we'd be up in arms over it. A good punt defender slows down as he reaches the catch spot, then waits for the guy to catch it before he hopefully lowers the boom using his shoulder. Everett did none of those things, he just went straight for the head. It doesn't matter how short Sproles is, or what angle he took. You have to give him the time and space necessary to make the catch.

I know this is a lot of bitching over a win, but this team has a lot of room for improvement. We could be talking about a loss if the d doesn't get to Wentz on the last play of their drive.

Rocnrik, just because I believe we can make the playoffs doesn't mean I think we will go far, all it takes is a good defense to shut down our offense and we probably don't stand a chance. If we did make the playoffs, I'd put good odds on getting bounced in the first round, either by Seattle or the Packers. The Packers look to be rounding into form after that beatdown today, and I know better than to bet against Seattle in the playoffs, especially at home.

We've played three of the top five defenses (Baltimore, Minnesota, Arizona) and won two of those games...probably should have beat the Cardinals too...

Good defenses don't scare me. Barely competent offenses, and halfway decent QBs scare me, because the defense is exploitable.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:33 AM   #52
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I thought Kujo was fairly terrible yesterday....he had a tough assignment, but I saw him get dominated in pass pro a couple times and flat out killed on run blocking. Lauvoa is better. Sullivan was decent yesterday. Maybe put Spencer Long in at LG Sullivan at Center.

I think we should slide Bree into slot coverage, see if that helps.
I think he did play a lot in slot coverage this week, Dunbar was often lined up outside, am I wrong?
Old 12-13-2016, 06:21 AM   #53
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Gruden mentioned that the TD Sproles caught was on Smith. He didn't take his guy and left Breeland in a tough spot.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #54
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Gruden mentioned that the TD Sproles caught was on Smith. He didn't take his guy and left Breeland in a tough spot.
Smith is worthless. Scot wasted a high draft pick on him. Nevertheless, Breeland has managed to screw up plenty on his own.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #55
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Smith is worthless. Scot wasted a high draft pick on him. Nevertheless, Breeland has managed to screw up plenty on his own.
He showed promise last year. I think he's just having a sophomore slump.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:31 AM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I think he did play a lot in slot coverage this week, Dunbar was often lined up outside, am I wrong?
Not in all packages, I saw him get beat and make plays playing boundry corner

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:34 AM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Keim didn't think so, neither did I

I’m sticking with a blocking theme because the Redskins did a rather solid job of it, including left guard Arie Kouandjio in his second start. The Eagles’ interior is excellent, with Bennie Logan and Fletcher Cox. Kouandjio sometimes had issues, but most of them seemed to be ones coaching and experience can help
I saw Kujo get handled a lot. I think Luavao is better....but if we say hey lets see what we have the rest of the season then I got no problem. But Kujo hasn't showed much so far. I know he was one of the disappointments in camp.

He Gets Us
Old 12-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #58
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He showed promise last year. I think he's just having a sophomore slump.
If I had to name the biggest disappointment on the roster, Preston Smith is the clear winner. He's been terrible folks.

Lotta love for McC, but

1. Preston Smith
2. Matt Jones
3. Breeland

huge disappointments folks. period. Bree and Jones actually could be gone next year. Yes, they could be gone.

He Gets Us
Old 12-13-2016, 09:41 AM   #59
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Another reason we need to load up on defense in the draft.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:43 AM   #60
MTK
\m/

As we've seen with the emergence of Murphy this year it's way too early to give up hope on guys like Smith and Breeland.