Zorn Needs His Own QB!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: Zorn Needs His Own QB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
You do not rebuild a playoff team. We were in the playoffs 2 of the prior 3 seasons. You don't tear that team apart, you search for the missing piece(s).

We may have accomplished those final steps this offseason, on both sides of the ball.
I agree. Coaches that take over playoff teams don't typically come in and break everything down and start over.

Had he taken over a 4-12 team things might have been different.

Advertisements
Old 08-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #17
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor View Post
I would prefer to stick with Colt Brennan since he would have had 3 years in the system, the confidence and the accuracy needed to run this offense. That is if Zorn is still here by that time. If Zorn is fired then I believe our next head coach will be a west coast offense coach since we already have the personnel for it. If we draft a quarterback I hopes it Snead from Ole Miss. He is gonna be awesome.
Did you forget to add assuming he makes the team?

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Stop please
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
ChickenMonkey
Special Teams

Come on guys hes got a point, We all love Jason Campbell..But usually a new coach does get to pick his own QB, Zorn inherited Jason, and if he was here when the skins picked Jason in the first round, I doubt that would have been the guy he chose. That being said, you work with the pieces you are given and tailor the offense accordingly
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #20
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post
Come on guys hes got a point, We all love Jason Campbell..But usually a new coach does get to pick his own QB, Zorn inherited Jason, and if he was here when the skins picked Jason in the first round, I doubt that would have been the guy he chose. That being said, you work with the pieces you are given and tailor the offense accordingly
Coaches that take over losing teams do, but not coaches that take over playoff teams.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #21
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
The Skins haven't even played one regular season game yet and you are not even giving Campbell a chance. Your statement, "I mean we all know by now Campbell is a bad fit for the west coast offense but a good fit for the Gibbs offense", is not what EVERYONE thinks. No one knows how good Campbell can be in this offense.
And when was Campbell good for the Joe Gibbs offense?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #22
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Stop please
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now hears away to get your post totals up
Old 08-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #23
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Special Teams

Redskins made that mistake when they hired an offensive coach and handcuffed him to Campbell. I believe that is the reason why Spags withdrew from the job. When a coach is hired to take over a playoff team there are significant changes made but it depends on their expertise. For example, Zorn is an offensive coach so he was supposed to leave defense along (of which he has) and just concentrate on changing the offense.Which is the offense as a whole and not just the passing but the running as well. If a defensive coach is hired for a playoff team he would change the defense and not the offense. There is always a reason why a team does not make the play offense. Think about it guys I know I have a point. Normally when these new coaches are hired they tend to concentrate on their side of the ball to do what they were hired for. Other than the receivers and tight end we drafted we need someone to get them the ball in his system as well as blocking for the passer. I'm willing to let the season play out but Campbell is not going to be here next year so get over it. Also, there will be massive changes to the o-line assuming they don't improve from last year showing. I also think we will get a offensive staff makeover if Zorn is kept for another season. I like Zorn but needs to grow a pair and let the FO know what guys he needs to run his offense accordingly.
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #24
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Norv Turner didn't bring Phillip Rivers
Mike Tomlin didn't bring Ben Roethlisberger (won a Super Bowl with him)
Tony Dungy didn't bring Peyton Manning (won a Super Bowl with him)
Ken Whisenhunt didn't bring Kurt Warner (went to a Super Bowl with him)
Lovie Smith didn't bring Rex Grossman (went to a Super Bowl with him)
Joe Gibbs didn't bring Joe Theismann (won a Super Bowl with him)

And yes, I do realize in some cases above we're talking about well establish QBs prior to the coaching change

Besides, you don't think Zorn has any say in who he needs to run his offense? You think it was Snyder or Cerrato that said "Damnit Zorn, if you don't hire Stump Mitchell, Sherman Smith, Chris Meidt, and Scott Wachenheim I'll have you out of here so fast..."
Old 08-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #25
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Redskins made that mistake when they hired an offensive coach and handcuffed him to Campbell. I believe that is the reason why Spags withdrew from the job. When a coach is hired to take over a playoff team there are significant changes made but it depends on their expertise. For example, Zorn is an offensive coach so he was supposed to leave defense along (of which he has) and just concentrate on changing the offense.Which is the offense as a whole and not just the passing but the running as well. If a defensive coach is hired for a playoff team he would change the defense and not the offense. There is always a reason why a team does not make the play offense. Think about it guys I know I have a point. Normally when these new coaches are hired they tend to concentrate on their side of the ball to do what they were hired for. Other than the receivers and tight end we drafted we need someone to get them the ball in his system as well as blocking for the passer. I'm willing to let the season play out but Campbell is not going to be here next year so get over it. Also, there will be massive changes to the o-line assuming they don't improve from last year showing. I also think we will get a offensive staff makeover if Zorn is kept for another season. I like Zorn but needs to grow a pair and let the FO know what guys he needs to run his offense accordingly.
First of all, the space bar and enter keys are your friends. It would make your posts much easier to read.

Ok, now how exactly was it a mistake to hire an offensive coach to develop a young 1st round QB? There's so much wrong with your post so I will only point out one more thing, if Zorn needs to 'grow a pair and let the FO know what guys he needs to run his offense' then who exactly would you propose these people are? If he didn't think Campbell was capable and knew his job at the end of this season depended on his performance, don't you think we'd have been in on more QB talk than just Cutler?

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #26
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Special Teams

First of all I do use the space bar but I just had alot to say. Smootsmack you made some good points but like you said they were already well-established quarterback. I'm started to think that Zorn just took the head coaching job just to be a head coach. I just think that Zorn is trying to prove a point that he make Campbell into another Matt Hasselbeck but will sadly lose his job in the process.

One last thing Smootsmack, the bears got to the super bowl behind his defense not letting other offenses score a lot of points. (Defensive-minded coach). I'm just expressingm opinion. Zorn needs a west coast-type of a quarterback for us to actually see his offense go to work.
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #27
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
quoted cuz it is fun to read without breathing.

I got tired of the off-season, and eventually it ended, and I was happy TC/pre-season was here.

Now I am tired of the pre-season, and will be happy once the season starts. I will be happier still if we kick the Giants in the rear that first Sunday!

finally, it's funny to think that Zorn isn't getting the players he wants. No coach that has left has ever made that comment, Zorn certainly hasn't implied it, and if Zorn wanted a different QB I am pretty certain he would have the pair he needs to tell the FO that.

I'm just expressing my opinion.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #28
saden1
MVP

I need my own football team. Anyone wanna chip in? I'm pretty sure we can buy the Detroit Lions on the cheap.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #29
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I need my own football team. Anyone wanna chip in? I'm pretty sure we can buy the Detroit Lions on the cheap.

Shit no, they are still a cash cow for the Ford family.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #30
GusFrerotte

Quote:
I would prefer to stick with Colt Brennan since he would have had 3 years in the system, the confidence and the accuracy needed to run this offense. That is if Zorn is still here by that time. If Zorn is fired then I believe our next head coach will be a west coast offense coach since we already have the personnel for it. If we draft a quarterback I hopes it Snead from Ole Miss. He is gonna be awesome.
Snead would be intriguing ST, but as for keeping Colt over Chase I still maintain that Chase is the better of the two, just because he faced tougher competition at the college level. Chase could be competitive with the likes of Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas, Texas Tech, etc. Brennan's toughest opponent minus Georgia in the Sugar Bowl was the UNiv of Washington. THe Huskies haven't been competitive since they canned Don James!!!!
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote