Zorn to coach the rest of the season

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #31
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Re: Zorn to coach the rest of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Keeping a guy in charge that is named Wade Phillips...
Okay so you see my avatar and go immediatley on the defensive, understandable and fair enough.

But the only good thing about keeping Zorn throughout the year is that the players now have a sense of stability in the locker room and on the sideline. They do not have to keep dodging media questions related to the coach. They can concentrate better on football, so good move on Ceratto in that regard.

Now I feel this annoucement is completely politically and financially motivated. Politically, for the reason I just mentioned, for the benefit of the players.

Financially because after they stripped Zorn of his play calling, they fully expected him to resign. Thereby they would not have to pay him for the remainder of this contract year, or, a settlement. A coach quits, they owe him nothing.

But Zorn did not quit so if they fire him, they have to pay him. And then pay a new head coach too, almost doubling that salary expense.

So they instead decide to stick with him for the year. It is not a BAD call at all. History has shown that mid season coaching changes are disasterous.

But for Ceratto to say that Zorn will be the coach for the remainder of the year, and hopefully into the future, well, he is insulting our intelligence.

Who here would actually be in FAVOR of Zorn returning next season? How much would attendence take a hit if Zorn remained? C'Mon, no one is that stupid.

But to take a stab by saying "keeping Wade in charge". Well people in glass houses should not throw stones.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #32
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Who is the head coach next year?
What?......no one is "Horny for Zorny"?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #33
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Okay so you see my avatar and go immediatley on the defensive, understandable and fair enough.

But the only good thing about keeping Zorn throughout the year is that the players now have a sense of stability in the locker room and on the sideline. They do not have to keep dodging media questions related to the coach. They can concentrate better on football, so good move on Ceratto in that regard.

Now I feel this annoucement is completely politically and financially motivated. Politically, for the reason I just mentioned, for the benefit of the players.

Financially because after they stripped Zorn of his play calling, they fully expected him to resign. Thereby they would not have to pay him for the remainder of this contract year, or, a settlement. A coach quits, they owe him nothing.

But Zorn did not quit so if they fire him, they have to pay him. And then pay a new head coach too, almost doubling that salary expense.

So they instead decide to stick with him for the year. It is not a BAD call at all. History has shown that mid season coaching changes are disasterous.

But for Ceratto to say that Zorn will be the coach for the remainder of the year, and hopefully into the future, well, he is insulting our intelligence.

Who here would actually be in FAVOR of Zorn returning next season? How much would attendence take a hit if Zorn remained? C'Mon, no one is that stupid.

But to take a stab by saying "keeping Wade in charge". Well people in glass houses should not throw stones.
I would.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #34
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Keeping a guy in charge, that has been stripped of responsibilities......brilliant.
Yea, this comes from a Boy's fan who has a coach that looks like someone stomped on his Wally World's doll after every negative play or Romo int. They also brought in the guy who was suppose to take his place when he was fired but he cannot even run the O so they kept old stupid to run the team.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #35
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:

Ya know I find myself liking you more and more even though I'm not a Dallas fan. Excellent points. Besides the topic was not about Wade who most likely will be gone also, it was about Zorn being retained.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #36
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ya know I find myself liking you more and more even though I'm not a Dallas fan. Excellent points. Besides the topic was not about Wade who most likely will be gone also, it was about Zorn being retained.

"Love is in the air!" So cute.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #37
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

My questions is, what took so long? The only reason Vinny came out and said this is because of all the heat that him and Snyder are under from all the critics. What else were they going to do? I would say this is a little late as the damage is done.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #38
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

Intelligent people are not Dallas fans!!!!!!!!!!
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #39
SBXVII
Franchise Player

The sad thing is after the fans being so disgruntled, the media speculation, the fans most likely won't be happy with this turn of events, so I hope DS is ready for some more "Booing" and "Sell the team" and "Vinny must go" chants while at games. That's second to fans selling their tickets which some have started to do. At work we have people offering up Skins/Eagle tickets for free and no one wants them.

I just get the feeling it's going to get a lot uglier before seasons end.

Bilking fans
VC
Losing team
Selling beer in the bathroom
etc. etc. etc.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Who is the head coach next year?
All I know is Angry listed his demands, and the next day, we have our future coach settled. Nothing more to read into that!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #41
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
"Love is in the air!" So cute.
You like that........don't be jealous. I can like more then one person.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #42
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
This is assuming Vinny is there for the rest of the season.

I expect them both to be gone after Week 17's game, but I still do not think it is impossible that Zorn is fired this season after some horribly-embarrassing game that gets Snyder's blood boiling.
If you listen closely to what Cerrato is saying here, not only is he endorsing Jim Zorn as HC for the remainder of the season, he sounds as though he intends to be here as well.

Cerrato said: I want to make "a few things perfectly clear" Jim Zorn is the HC of the Washington Redskins for the rest of the season, and hopefully into the future.......frightning!!

"Hopefully into the future"
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #43
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I can live with Zorn for the remainder of the season, kinda half expected it. However, VC is another matter. Maybe DS could show good faith to the fans and shit can VC to show he is looking to handle the Skins in the future the right way. or not and let VC keep pissing off the fans with his diatribe.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #44
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think Vinny wants Zorn here longer, because that is the only way he will keep his job. I have no doubt that Snyder is putting intense pressure on VC to force something good to happen. If it doesn't sayonara VC
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #45
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Yea, this comes from a Boy's fan who has a coach that looks like someone stomped on his Wally World's doll after every negative play or Romo int. They also brought in the guy who was suppose to take his place when he was fired but he cannot even run the O so they kept old stupid to run the team.
Well, if it makes you feel better we could compare head coaches. Just to see which one makes more sense keeping for the season.

Why don't you go ahead and do that, then get back to me.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote