Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Midterm Election Game day Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-06-2018, 10:32 PM   #16
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Midterm Election Game day Thread

Just voted, now I got my popcorn (beer) ready. Not working tomorrow. Not because of election day, just a coincidence, but good timing.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-06-2018, 10:53 PM   #17
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

honestly though, retirement homes have long, like unions, been solid Democrat supporters. I doubt they were voting Republican in Fairfax...
Fair enough, counterpoint though: A lot of these people that showed up were working class folk like me and my coworkers (who generally favor Trump if they are a middle-aged white male, which majority are).

I don't want to draw any conclusions based on my own personal experience, but the image of the Trump supporter is a pretty acknowledged one.

Anyways, in light of the fact Kaine won reelection and Comstock got voted out, it seems the left showed up for nova.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #18
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Fair enough, counterpoint though: A lot of these people that showed up were working class folk like me and my coworkers (who generally favor Trump if they are a middle-aged white male, which majority are).

I don't want to draw any conclusions based on my own personal experience, but the image of the Trump supporter is a pretty acknowledged one.

Anyways, in light of the fact Kaine won reelection and Comstock got voted out, it seems the left showed up for nova.
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...ng-john-james/

Part of the reason why the stereotype of a Trump supporter or Republicans in general all look the same is that when people that are not the stereotype actually are right leaning they get lambasted. The paper in this case handled it right, but you see this type thing quite often. I could imagine its very difficult for non white people on the right to actually share their beliefs because they get branded traitors.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:24 AM   #19
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
G1, being that you are a gop’er, you gonna vote the ticket in the local elections today?

I voted Hogan.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:26 AM   #20
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
That caravan though

..............it worked,it will cost us about 200 million and what ever the cost to fly trump around to his pep rallies .
Old 11-07-2018, 06:16 AM   #21
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...ng-john-james/

Part of the reason why the stereotype of a Trump supporter or Republicans in general all look the same is that when people that are not the stereotype actually are right leaning they get lambasted. The paper in this case handled it right, but you see this type thing quite often. I could imagine its very difficult for non white people on the right to actually share their beliefs because they get branded traitors.
I agree, not saying his supporters are exclusively middle aged white males, but the majority definitely are.

Also I don't want to give Breitbart a click but FYI you can find that story on much more reputable websites. Believe it or not that partisan hack MSNBC had it as one of their leads yesterday afternoon.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:15 AM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Good to see more women in the congress
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:30 AM   #23
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Not really surprised was hoping that FL gov race and Tex senate race would have been different. We had a blue neap tide (not a wave) in Maryland. Around Baltimore three republican county executive incumbents were running for reelection and two of them lost the only one I was surprised with was Anne Arundel county.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:45 AM   #24
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I voted Hogan.
Good man. Its ashamed what had happened to Maryland the previous 20 years...
Old 11-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #25
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I agree, not saying his supporters are exclusively middle aged white males, but the majority definitely are.

Also I don't want to give Breitbart a click but FYI you can find that story on much more reputable websites. Believe it or not that partisan hack MSNBC had it as one of their leads yesterday afternoon.
The only reason i used that link is because it wasn't an opinion or policy article, was just a straight news article.

Giantone posted a Politico article about caravan facts and I don't want to give that a click, lol.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fuck the Caravan
Old 11-08-2018, 07:38 AM   #27
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Fuck the Caravan

But you will get smallpox.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:09 AM   #28
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Fuck the Caravan
...............what caravan?

Old 11-09-2018, 05:53 AM   #29
Giantone
Gamebreaker

WINNING!!!!!!!!!...........a trump move.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-rel...205128426.html

A Texas judge reportedly released nearly all of his juvenile defendants after losing his re-election on Tuesday, but not before asking if they planned to kill anyone.

Harris County Juvenile Court Judge Glenn Devlin on Wednesday ordered the release of at least seven kids ― four facing aggravated robbery charges ― reasoning that this was what the voters wanted, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Devlin, a longtime Republican jurist who has been a presiding judge in the 313th District Court since 2010, was one of dozens of Republicans who had their seats snatched by a Democrat in the state in Tuesday’s midterm election.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:27 AM   #30
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
WINNING!!!!!!!!!...........a trump move.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-rel...205128426.html

A Texas judge reportedly released nearly all of his juvenile defendants after losing his re-election on Tuesday, but not before asking if they planned to kill anyone.

Harris County Juvenile Court Judge Glenn Devlin on Wednesday ordered the release of at least seven kids ― four facing aggravated robbery charges ― reasoning that this was what the voters wanted, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Devlin, a longtime Republican jurist who has been a presiding judge in the 313th District Court since 2010, was one of dozens of Republicans who had their seats snatched by a Democrat in the state in Tuesday’s midterm election.
IMO that is what we want. We can do better with juveniles than putting them into a detention center. That shit is crazy.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote