Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cousins to start 2015 Season

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-31-2015, 02:12 PM   #16
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Cousins to start 2015 Season

With the right team and coach, RG3 can be a good qb. However I don't think there's a chance in hell that's our team. I'm worried that team might be the Eagles, which is why I also hope he goes to the AFC. For now, here's to Captain Kirk leading the way, and proving once and for all whether or not he deserves to be a starter in the NFL.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-31-2015, 02:17 PM   #17
calia
Playmaker

Hard not to like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPJE...layer_embedded
Old 08-31-2015, 02:21 PM   #18
81forHOF
Impact Rookie

I'm definitely in favor of this move. He is much better suited for this system. I hope he does well that we don't have to worry about this QB crap for a long, long time.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:36 PM   #19
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

Wink Re: Cousins to start 2015 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Good luck Captain Kirk ! I wish things had worked out for RG111 , however , glad we made a decision and our moving forward .
Who is RG one hundred and eleven?
Old 08-31-2015, 02:44 PM   #20
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The cousins era has begun.
Mike Shanahan. Loves cousins. "Kirk Cousins is a franchise QB he will be a top 10 QB in this league no doubt about it"
I want to go on record as cheering in the Kirk Cousins era in the second half of the Seahawks playoff game. I was almost murdered in the stadium for it but I've never liked "running" quarterbacks and I've never seen anything in RG3 that made me excited about him outside of a few rare razzle dazzle moments. I've hated this pick since they traded with the Rams and before it was even a done deal. I'm glad that this debacle is near the end, though he will still be a distraction for a little while. I'll be in section 112 against Miami watching what I hope will be the dawning of a new day for my beloved Redskins.

I see a bit of Brett Favre in Kirk.. He'll throw a few picks but he'll also get you 300 yards and can lead you down field when it matters. He needs seat time but I'm looking at a kid with 9 starts in the NFL. It's a little early to say he's not ready to transition to the role as starter. It's always a bumpy ride, you're just looking for improvement as you go..
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:46 PM   #21
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Kirk earned it (as it should be) and hopefully he'll make the most of this 2nd opportunity.

Meanwhile....

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:10 PM   #22
jamf
Pro Bowl

Lol
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:21 PM   #23
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
With the right team and coach, RG3 can be a good qb. However I don't think there's a chance in hell that's our team. I'm worried that team might be the Eagles, which is why I also hope he goes to the AFC. For now, here's to Captain Kirk leading the way, and proving once and for all whether or not he deserves to be a starter in the NFL.
Said the same thing about Jason Campbell several years ago. I was wrong then, and - much as I really, really, really was hoping RGIII was the guy - I think folks are wrong about that now.

Happy the drama seems to be over but deeply, deeply depressed that the promise of 2012 is so completely gone. I really truly was hoping RGIII could be the face of the franchise for years.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:29 PM   #24
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Said the same thing about Jason Campbell several years ago. I was wrong then, and - much as I really, really, really was hoping RGIII was the guy - I think folks are wrong about that now.

Happy the drama seems to be over but deeply, deeply depressed that the promise of 2012 is so completely gone. I really truly was hoping RGIII could be the face of the franchise for years.
I agree with you Joe. Terribly sad 2012 was it. I felt it after he was injured in the playoff game that he was done. Terribly sad for that kid who lit the world on fire only to have the world light him on fire.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:44 PM   #25
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Fuck Mike Shanahan for leaving RGIII on the field against the Seahawks, he should have been benched after Ngata hit him in the Baltimore game.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:46 PM   #26
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinJake View Post
I want to go on record as cheering in the Kirk Cousins era in the second half of the Seahawks playoff game. I was almost murdered in the stadium for it but I've never liked "running" quarterbacks and I've never seen anything in RG3 that made me excited about him outside of a few rare razzle dazzle moments. I've hated this pick since they traded with the Rams and before it was even a done deal. I'm glad that this debacle is near the end, though he will still be a distraction for a little while. I'll be in section 112 against Miami watching what I hope will be the dawning of a new day for my beloved Redskins.

I see a bit of Brett Favre in Kirk.. He'll throw a few picks but he'll also get you 300 yards and can lead you down field when it matters. He needs seat time but I'm looking at a kid with 9 starts in the NFL. It's a little early to say he's not ready to transition to the role as starter. It's always a bumpy ride, you're just looking for improvement as you go..
Hated the 2012 season?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:51 PM   #27
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

RedskinsJake-

What have you seen that tells you he can lead the team down the field when it matters?

What I have seen is a guy who shits his pants when he is under any kind of mental pressure.

Please enlighten me. If you are happy that we now have Captain Turnover and Captain McConcussion as our top two qbs and rg III has failed to be what we all thought he was going to be beyond the ROY division winner 2012 season, then you must have a bad memory. 2015 is going to be a long year
Old 08-31-2015, 04:08 PM   #28
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

This year we have the qb Whisperer and our qb has a beard. Superbowl bound!

Seriously though, I think Cavanaugh has a chance to be huge for this team. Cousins will throw a pick but its important to refocus afterwards and Cavanaugh has to do that. You can come back from picks and with DJax and our receivers I hope he can get past them.

Sent from my S6 Edge
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:13 PM   #29
kingj
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The cousins era has begun.
Mike Shanahan. Loves cousins. "Kirk Cousins is a franchise QB he will be a top 10 QB in this league no doubt about it"

Shanarat loves him some cousins. KC was his pick
kingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:20 PM   #30
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingj View Post
Shanarat loves him some cousins. KC was his pick
That Shanarat asshole ruined RGIII's career.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote