Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cousins to start 2015 Season

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-31-2015, 08:45 PM   #61
donofriose
The Starter

Re: Cousins to start 2015 Season

I like the move but I still think the future QB is not on the roster yet.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-31-2015, 08:59 PM   #62
skinsnut
Playmaker

Is RG3 still going to be on the roster?
Does anyone know what happens to that 5th year option if he is cut?....does it go away or do the skins have to pay it if he gets hurt on another team?
Old 08-31-2015, 09:02 PM   #63
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
With the right team and coach, RG3 can be a good qb. However I don't think there's a chance in hell that's our team. I'm worried that team might be the Eagles, which is why I also hope he goes to the AFC. For now, here's to Captain Kirk leading the way, and proving once and for all whether or not he deserves to be a starter in the NFL.
3 concussions, 2 ACLs and running out of bounds when there are open Wide Receivers everywhere only to dislocate an ankle on a non-contact play. Good luck to whoever takes him.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:13 PM   #64
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I see some Hall of Famers on that INT list, as well as future Hall of Famers. Yet this fanbase freaks out when a 4th rounder with less than 10 starts throws picks. Amazing.

KC is going to need a running game. We can't have him dropping back 45 times and expect to not have turnovers. Hopefully we can stay balanced.
Brees, another one of the many good/great QBs who are not scary athletic, had 29TDs and 31INTs over his first 3 seasons. Chargers were done with him and drafted Rivers. He had 27TDs and only 7INTs in Rivers' rookie season.

I bet there were a lot of Chargers fans who thought he'd never figure it out. Just takes some guys more time. Maybe KC is one of those guys.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:15 PM   #65
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Brees, another one of the many good/great QBs who are not scary athletic, had 29TDs and 31INTs over his first 3 seasons. Chargers were done with him and drafted Rivers. He had 27TDs and only 7INTs in Rivers' rookie season.

I bet there were a lot of Chargers fans who thought he'd never figure it out. Just takes some guys more time. Maybe KC is one of those guys.
But not Griffin?
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:17 PM   #66
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
For those with a short memory . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPdPrgFZato
Thanks. Totally forgot he had a bad game. He sucks and always will. They should start the QB who never had a bad game. Too bad there isn't one on the roster or one that has ever existed for that matter.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:20 PM   #67
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
y does it say game 3?? lol
Preaseason were 1 & 2.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:23 PM   #68
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Cousins has the chance to be very good, or John Beck. Given Redskins QB history the wise money goes to Beck. But until he's Beck, he's Captain Kirk!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:24 PM   #69
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Hated the 2012 season?
I did.. Cheap, ugly wins.. One year does not a career make..
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:31 PM   #70
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
RedskinsJake-

What have you seen that tells you he can lead the team down the field when it matters?

What I have seen is a guy who shits his pants when he is under any kind of mental pressure.

Please enlighten me. If you are happy that we now have Captain Turnover and Captain McConcussion as our top two qbs and rg III has failed to be what we all thought he was going to be beyond the ROY division winner 2012 season, then you must have a bad memory. 2015 is going to be a long year
When he's had the team behind him, he's done very well. The Ravens game in 2012 showed a lot. We're not talking a veteran here, he's a young guy who still needs 16 games to get there. Does he throw picks, yes he does. Am I concerned about it? No more than I was when Brett Favre and many others started out throwing them. Long term, with the support of the team, I think he can develop into an excellent QB. Considering the f'ed up situation he's been put in, I think he's handled it well. Much better than Bobby..
Old 08-31-2015, 09:32 PM   #71
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinJake View Post
I did.. Cheap, ugly wins.. One year does not a career make..
and if you remember this correctly...it was just a 6 game streak....before that the coach basically assumed the year was done...I think we were 4-6 and playing poorly...then we tore through the very weak NFC east that year...excluding those games...the Skins have been fairly average and more recently flat out bad to lousy. Any improvement is good. I will take an average game manager any day over drama over a supposed savior that always disappoints. I like Robert, but...I hope it is over.
I wish they would just cut him. It's like an alcoholic that says he wont drink but keeps that 1 beer in the back of the fridge....
Throw out the BEER!!
Old 08-31-2015, 09:33 PM   #72
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
But not Griffin?
Well said.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:35 PM   #73
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
But not Griffin?
Can't figure much out if you can't stay healthy enough to play. Griffin isn't a QB. He's a shiny mirror ball doing just enough razzle dazzle to keep people from noticing that he isn't humble enough to shut up, show up and put up..
Old 08-31-2015, 09:44 PM   #74
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Thanks. Totally forgot he had a bad game. He sucks and always will. They should start the QB who never had a bad game. Too bad there isn't one on the roster or one that has ever existed for that matter.
I'm just trying to keep grounded. Last year I remember everyone getting hyped about Cousins, he was our QB of the future after one game, people were ready to trade Griffin, and then Cousins just completely fell apart entirely and got benched. Now he does fair against mostly 2nd team in a preseason game, and people are ready to jump back on his bandwagon again. I really don't think that there is any solid reason to be optimistic about him.

I think RG3 more lost his position then Kirk earned it, and really I think it has as much to do with off the field issues as his struggles on the field. I mean, how is it that Scot wasn't able to tell before the preseason that Griffin was hopeless? Why sign the 5th year option? I mean unless they are sincere about Kirk giving us the best chance, Griffin is still part of the team, and the door isn't closed on him yet. In that case it would make sense to have kept him on only to sit him after he had 1 bad preseason performance for Cousins who had 1 good one, because you could assume then that they believe he has a chanc to develop, but Cousins can help us win now while he does. Or perhaps SM didn't realize how lost Griffin was mentally on and off the field until he saw it for himself and now wants to cut bait quick and eat the losses. I think it's probably the latter, but that doesnt make me feel good about Cousins as our starter or the fact that we've conceded to the biggest bust in history.

I'll be just as excited as everyone else when we win, but I'm not excited about this crappy situation.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #75
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
I like the move but I still think the future QB is not on the roster yet.
It be awesome if Kirk took off with this opportunity and never looked back but if he just becomes a mid level QB who can't stop throwing interceptions, I still think having him in the role gives the team a better chance to prepare each week and just focus on the job at hand. We can build around him even if he's only a placeholder for the next guy 3 years from now. Let KC manage the game, don't put it all on his shoulders, let Alf and Gator split 30-35 carries and spend this next few years building out the roster.