Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Favorite Current Redskin and why?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-08-2004, 11:40 PM   #31
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I love Smoot, Ramsey, Arrington, Coles, and just about everyone else. Theres not too many Skins' I dont like.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2004, 11:42 PM   #32
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Hmmmmm. maybe Ramsey?

A close second is Coles. LC is a star that doesn't act like one; he doesn't complain about not getting more touches, he works hard, he is modest, he always points out his flaws (i.e. dropped balls-which is rare), he fights for every yard, he's got great hands, is fast, there's not much to dislike.

My third favorite would be Jon Jansen for all the reasons listed above.

My fourth favorite is McCants - he's been on 99.1 and he's a funny, down to earth type guy. On the show he said that he and LC go to karaoke bars together (he actually has a very good voice).

Close runner-ups:
Randy Thomas (for his ability)
LaVar (ditto)
Trotter (because he's a pretty nice, modest, and underrated - not overrated- guy)
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:51 AM   #33
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Offense: Coles. Heart, guts, skill and desire. Remember the fumble he caused? (Runner up: Ramsey, for the arm and the moxie to keep getting up.)

D: Smoot: Great heart and the mouth to match. Played with the bruised sternum that makes every breath painful. (Runner up: Lavar, for the sheer hitting power and speed.)

ST: Hall. A kicker with a linebacker's heart. Mr. Clutch.

Overall: GIBBS. Enough said.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:32 AM   #34
cpayne5
Playmaker

I like Ramsey, Jansen, and Coles. All 3 are class acts.
Smoot - he's hilarious in person.
Hall (he's a 240 lb kicker, need I say more?)

I also like Dan Snyder. He gets a lot of grief for his moves, but the guy puts so much effort into winning that you must give him a little credit.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:44 AM   #35
Phinehas
Special Teams

Ramsey and Coles: They both have so much heart and humility that it would be difficult not to cheer for them.

Arrington: I love the way he plays. Without reservation or hesitation, he will literally launch himself through the air toward the ball carrier. I also like his sense of loyalty to the team.

--Phin
Phinehas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:58 AM   #36
sonny-j-no9
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Why Ade Jimoh is my favorite player, by the President of his Fan Club:

1) We need a big, strong corner to cover TO when he cries his way to Philly. From an article written on him: "At 6'2'', 195 pounds, Jimoh excelled in the weight room, bench pressing 355 pounds and squatting 450 pounds."

2) Coach of the Year 2005, Joe Gibs, is looking for "quality character traits". From an Ade article: "Ade has a special quality about himself," said assistant USU strength and conditioning coach Paul Arndorfer. "The harder the workouts are, the harder he trains. He is a great leader, is well respected, and uses the training to make himself and his teammates better."

3) First and foremost, he has a kick-ass name. In some African dialect, it probably means: "Rock of the Defense" or "Corn on the Cob". If you rearrange the letters, you get: "Deja Homi". In ebonics, that means: "Try again, Homey!"

I could go on.....

That is freakin hillarious! You have me convinced...
sonny-j-no9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:05 PM   #37
MTK
\m/

Ramsey-after last season how can you not love this guy?

Coles-big heart, great work ethic

Arrington-big hitter, still has room to grow but he's fun to watch

Jansen-old school lineman in the mold of the Hogs

Smoot-wasn't a big fan of him until last year, he definitely stepped up his game and his leadership, to think we wanted to trade him!
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:09 PM   #38
bridaman51
Special Teams

This is a tuff one. I love Smoot, I remember reading about him right before they drafted him and how he had first round potential but his mouth and off the field antics made teams over look him and then when we got him in the second round I was estatic. I knew this guy was special. I love the way he talks smack (smootsmack) and then backs it up on the field, he is not disrespectful to another player or the game. But then you got a guy like Coles an absolute die hard worker who would die for this game, he aint flashy like moss, or owens he just goes out, hurt, sick, it dont matter and plays football the only way he knows how HARD. Same can be said about Ramsey talk about Gutsy that poor boy had to throw the ball every down from his back. Rock Cartwright His name alone says he is a football player. Lavar, guy is flat out scary, and intense he is defenitely someone I want on my team for the no other reason than I dont want to get hit by him. And Finally Ethan Albright just because I was a long snapper. That was a tuff question and I could go on and on about every player on the skins.
bridaman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:59 PM   #39
offiss

I had to vote for ramsey, why? because he's smart like me!
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote