Stanley Caps

Other Sports

Old 04-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #121
mooby
Living Legend

Re: Stanley Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
When Oshie went out...got that sinking feeling.
I started getting that bad feeling when they said Kempny tore his hamstring. He was such an underrated pickup as a true stay-at-home defenseman that it really shored up our d-pairings, and they never were able to adequately replace him. And then losing Oshie on top of that, Oshie was our 2nd leading scorer in the regular season.

Really I felt like they took their foot off the gas when they went up 2-0 and 3-1 last night. Other than 2018 that's been a real tendency over the years, teams score quick goals on the Caps after the Caps score because they lose that sense of urgency. When they scored the shorty yesterday (with a real lack of hustle on Kuzy's part) I felt like I knew how it was going to end. And in OT they had no energy whatsoever, it was like they just kept delaying the inevitable.

Go Sharks now, they're a similar mold to the Caps in that they have a rep as great regular season team that always underachieves in the playoffs.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2019, 09:38 PM   #122
BaltimoreSkins
The Starter

Yeah for me it was Kempny too. His loss really exposed the defense as they learned new pairings. The thing that stinks is I really don't see a team left in the East that is scary. If the Caps beat Canes I think they are back in finals. I also think a wild card team will represent the East this year.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:55 AM   #123
kct1975
The Starter

So Ladies and Gentlemen...the new NHL Season is upon us, and the Washington Capitals have started off on the right track with a win.

So what are your predictions for this Season...

Personally, with the talent that the Capitals have, I at least predict that they will make the NHL playoffs. Also I feel that they could easily make it to the at least the Conference Championship.

So what are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2019, 07:35 PM   #124
BaltimoreSkins
The Starter

Beating the Stanley Cup champs in their building on banner night is a great way to start the season. Ovi's goal was clutch in the 1st, it shifted momentum. He really is an amazing player and a leader. Those that think he isn't clearly aren't watching. The bottom lines have me concerned. They need to contribute more and take more time on the ice through the season. I was hoping Carl Hagelin would progress forward maybe even show he could play 2nd line, but he looks to be just a solid 3rd liner.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #125
mooby
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
So Ladies and Gentlemen...the new NHL Season is upon us, and the Washington Capitals have started off on the right track with a win.

So what are your predictions for this Season...

Personally, with the talent that the Capitals have, I at least predict that they will make the NHL playoffs. Also I feel that they could easily make it to the at least the Conference Championship.

So what are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Come on K you gotta do better than some soft-serve prediction like that.

Caps will make the playoffs, but it's anyone's guess if they make it out of the first round.

It's a long season, I'm not ready to make any judgements either.

B-Skins, quite honestly it feels like the Ovi hate has completely died down since he hoisted the Cup. Everyone seems comfortable recognizing him as the greatest goal scorer of this generation and on the short list with Gretzky/Bossy/etc although it's hard to size them up since goalies have gotten so much better in the modern era.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:20 AM   #126
BaltimoreSkins
The Starter

Mooby,
I will say that after watching the first three games they need to fix the man advantage. The sling shot didnít work last year and cost them the home opener.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:24 AM   #127
mooby
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Mooby,
I will say that after watching the first three games they need to fix the man advantage. The sling shot didnít work last year and cost them the home opener.
+1, def. Hopefully Kuzy coming back will help but it's about time to start tweaking it, they don't look good right now.