Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

NFL Training Camps Open. What's newsworthy to you?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-04-2021, 12:38 PM   #16
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: NFL Training Camps Open. What's newsworthy to you?

I just could not imagine something like the Giants' brawl happening on this team. I am not saying it absolutely couldn't, but I just don't think

(1) Rivera would let it get to that point. Something like that doesn't just happen out of the blue. Extra words, extra shoves during practice, grumbling in meetings and on the sidelines about a player or players play in practice, etc. I just think Rivera and his coaches have a better ear to the ground than that; and

(2) There are probably a few, but I just don't think the players here would be jumping into something like that. I also imagine if something really started there are several players who would be breaking it up (Allen, McClaurin jump to mind probably Young as well). It's just not this team.

Advertisements
Old 08-04-2021, 12:50 PM   #17
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I just could not imagine something like the Giants' brawl happening on this team. I am not saying it absolutely couldn't, but I just don't think

(1) Rivera would let it get to that point. Something like that doesn't just happen out of the blue. Extra words, extra shoves during practice, grumbling in meetings and on the sidelines about a player or players play in practice, etc. I just think Rivera and his coaches have a better ear to the ground than that; and

(2) There are probably a few, but I just don't think the players here would be jumping into something like that. I also imagine if something really started there are several players who would be breaking it up (Allen, McClaurin jump to mind probably Young as well). It's just not this team.
It must have escalated quickly. The fact that the starting qb is at the bottom of it is crazy. Tensions must have been real high for sure. Agree that this would be fixed quickly here not to get to that level.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 12:51 PM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
This will be a telling season for them and Judge considering Daniel Jones isn't a rookie anymore, healthy Barkley, and the amount they spent in FA. Sounds like the players already dislike him lol.
Gettleman felt so much pressure to go out and spend. He’s put it all on this year, if they shit the bed it’s gonna be a full rebuild.

People say Danny the Tranny is the key, I’d lean towards Saquon. Saquon has “no doubt” talent…how much can they lean on him coming off the injury? Also, that oline has been built and rebuilt…can it finally do the job?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:00 PM   #19
MTK
\m/

Big year for dopey Danny. I'm sure the Giants are looking for him to take a big leap forward.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:05 PM   #20
Giantone
Gamebreaker

LOL, I loved it!!! You guys have every right to be concerned. Good stuff here!

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021...learn-from-it/
Old 08-04-2021, 01:30 PM   #21
Meks
Pro Bowl

I'll concern myself with all the picks he throws to our secondary this year, thanks.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:35 PM   #22
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, I loved it!!! You guys have every right to be concerned. Good stuff here!

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021...learn-from-it/
How is any of that "good stuff" if you are a Giants' fan. I really thought the Giants were going to be the biggest threat to us (despite all the Dallas love). Between the brawl itself, and the comments and observations afterward, and the rumors that Judge is not well liked by the players, I am much less worried that they are going to be taking the next step.

The QB is looking good in practice, but I remember reading that last year as well. Besides, his flaws are the type that only come out in live games, i.e. his inability to read/react to pressure which, in turn, causes him to force the ball or hold it to long.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:39 PM   #23
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

There was one that sparked off on Friday and the teammates kept it in check and Rivera kept his cool as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:27 PM   #24
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Washington Football Team announces fans may no longer wear headdresses or face paint into FedEx Field

JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2021, 03:33 PM   #25
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
How is any of that "good stuff" if you are a Giants' fan. I really thought the Giants were going to be the biggest threat to us (despite all the Dallas love). Between the brawl itself, and the comments and observations afterward, and the rumors that Judge is not well liked by the players, I am much less worried that they are going to be taking the next step.

The QB is looking good in practice, but I remember reading that last year as well. Besides, his flaws are the type that only come out in live games, i.e. his inability to read/react to pressure which, in turn, causes him to force the ball or hold it to long.
LOL, funny stuff.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:49 PM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Washington Football Team announces fans may no longer wear headdresses or face paint into FedEx Field

JP

Just never been face paint guy. I’ll leave the make up for the others

I guess all references and tributes to Chief Zee will be ending as well? Terrible

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:41 PM   #27
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

JP

Whoa. Shit just got real

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2021, 05:00 PM   #28
SunnySide
Playmaker

Maybe if we start winning again the Hogettes will come back.

Had season tickets (err girl i was sticking it to did) and they were a light football toss away from our seats. After a few years, you just didnt see them anymore. This was 2005 ish?

-----------------

Quinton Dunbar -- signed a 1 yr deal with the Lions and surprise surprise guess who has already missed first 2 days of practice.

I did enjoy listening to Jay Gruden talk about Dunbar, he danced around it a bit but he called him soft, unreliable and a person teammates have taken note of as not being there when needed.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:10 PM   #29
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Jeez, I know i'm gonna be bored AF but I'm pumped to see some football
Old 08-05-2021, 08:22 PM   #30
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Jeez, I know i'm gonna be bored AF but I'm pumped to see some football
yeah, watching the HOF game just because it's football, but first series for both teams very few starters.