Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Top 3 Players the Redskins Cannot Afford to Lose If We Want To Make A Playoff Run

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: Top 3 Players the Redskins Cannot Afford to Lose If We Want To Make A Playoff Run

Samuels
Moss
Fletcher

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #17
wilsowilso

Re: Top 3 Players the Redskins Cannot Afford to Lose If We Want To Make A Playoff Run

Hall, Samuels, Portis
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #18
Zerohero
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
we were picking 5 players, Moss would have been on my list. However, i've got a really good feeling about Kelly (and Mitchell to a much smaller extent). It would not surprise me at all if Kelly had a breakout year and was in pro-bowl consideration. I personally plan to pick him up (undrafted, of course) in my fantasy league.
Yeah as much as i would love to see the other wr's standout its still all on moss' shoulders.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #19
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Portis
Samuels
Fletcher
Old 08-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #20
That Guy
Living Legend

samuels, moss, fletcher, (haynesworth), (cooley).

yeah, i cheated. deal.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #21
Jay Schroeder
Special Teams

Portis - without him we are useless on offense

Samuels - we need the pass protection bad

Haynesworth/Orakpo - our pash rush is anemic without either of these two
Jay Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #22
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Samuels - If you can't keep the QB upright or open holes for RBs everything else on offense is useless. The drop-off from Samuels to Heyer/Bridges is significant.

Haynesworth - Completely disruptive force requiring a double team. Makes Carter, Okarpo or any other blitzer more likely to get one-on-one. Without his presence we would go back to looking like last year with little pass rush and a bend-don't break D. With him the D can be aggressive and attacking. Pressure up front makes the secondary look a lot better.

J. Campbell - He goes down and our passing game turns into a Brunnell-esque one (with a less mobile QB). I'm not ready to turn over the keys to Chase / Colt either.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #23
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Samuels, Fletcher, Portis
Old 08-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #24
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

1. Portis
2. Hall or Rodgers ( we lose either one and I don't see much depth at cb )
3. Samuels
4. Rabach
5. London
Old 08-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #25
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Portis. Haynesworth. Samuels.

No running game puts the team square on the shoulders of JC and Zorn's passing offense, and I'm not so sure JC and the Receivers can put the Skins in the playoffs without a solid run game.

Without Haynesworth eating up 2 and 3 blockers, Orakpo and Carter will get zero pressure on opposing QBs, as the Skins D-Line has done in the past.

Samuels is the anchor of that offensive line. If he goes down, the ship is sure to follow.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #26
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

JC
Samuels
Portis
*Fletcher

*special consideration
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #27
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Samuels, Portis, Moss. At least everyone can agree on Samuels. Of course if by "lose" you mean for the season, well you can't stop that at 3 people.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #28
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Samuels, Portis, Campbell.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #29
Schneed10
A Dude

Samuels, Landry, Moss

I don't think you lose much from JC to Todd Collins to be honest, Collins has been anticipating WR breaks in his preseason action reminiscent of his starting stint with us in 2007.

Landry's speed allows for us to cover the field deep with one guy. You lose him you have to change the whole secondary's scheme.

Lose Santana Moss and you have no proven WR worth a crap. The offense would be paralyzed.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #30
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Samuels: If anyone has to replace him there will be a serious drop off.
Haynesworth: With out him taking the double teams we are no better then last yr.
Hall: Rogers has not lasted a full season. Everyone else is either not battle tested or would have to majorly step up.

JC has Collins who is a bit of a drop off will do ok. He's proven to get us to the play offs.
Portis has Betts and although he's technically not a #1 RB he has filled in before and did an ok job.
Heyer has Bridges behind him and I believe MW will be decent if pressed into duty. We now have a bunch of decent WR's.
Orakpo hopefully will have Wilson to relieve him during games and could fill in if he goes down.
Fletcher has Blades.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote