Week 9

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-07-2016, 04:55 AM   #61
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Week 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I think we need to take both of those games to realistically have a shot given how well (I hate saying this) Dallas is playing. Having dropped a couple of games we should have won (and tying one), we've left ourselves a small margin for error. 4-3-1 is better than we usually are at the midpoint, but 6-2 was well within our grasp and is materially different. But Minn, GB, Carolina look far less scary than they used to. And we have 3 division games left, plus AZ (who knows what team shows up) and Chicago. No excuses not to go on a run, even with TW on the sidelines.

One game at a time. Come out on fire v Minn to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The loss of TW for four games scares me. The blindside protection can't be as good as it would be with TW in the game.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-07-2016, 04:35 PM   #62
over the mountain
Playmaker

How was that Donald helmet contact on Newton Not called. I personally try to not like Cam as much as possible bc he was taking selfies on the sidelines last year while they were blowing us out .... but that should have been a flag. You cant make contact with a QBs helmet when he is in the pocket.

Cam Newton takes another hit to helmet without a flag vs. Rams | Panthers Wire
Old 11-07-2016, 06:14 PM   #63
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

First time seeing this and it's pretty funny and true

He says almost every one of these each post-game conference.....

Jeff Fisher Rams Postgame BINGO Card - 101Sports.com

edit: i tried posting it but it just comes up as a broken image. Can someone please fix it for me?
Old 11-07-2016, 07:26 PM   #64
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Redskins place TE Niles Paul on injured reserve
Old 11-08-2016, 12:05 AM   #65
skinsfan69
Living Legend

that's going to hurt our 3 te sets. that's been a pretty effective formation for us.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:24 AM   #66
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
First time seeing this and it's pretty funny and true

He says almost every one of these each post-game conference.....

Jeff Fisher Rams Postgame BINGO Card - 101Sports.com

edit: i tried posting it but it just comes up as a broken image. Can someone please fix it for me?
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #67
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
How was that Donald helmet contact on Newton Not called. I personally try to not like Cam as much as possible bc he was taking selfies on the sidelines last year while they were blowing us out .... but that should have been a flag. You cant make contact with a QBs helmet when he is in the pocket.

Cam Newton takes another hit to helmet without a flag vs. Rams | Panthers Wire
It was a face to face ,Newton standing straight up ,the lineman was in the air and had not control ,I understand the call or non call.To me Newton can't handel the heat anymore he needs to stop crying .
Old 11-08-2016, 09:27 AM   #68
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
The loss of TW for four games scares me. The blindside protection can't be as good as it would be with TW in the game.

Not to mention his monster run blocking. He's our most consistent and arguably best player on either side of the ball. It's pretty crushing. Not sure how he could have allowed this to happen unless he know the test would be positive. It really hurts us. But they should be good enough to take some of these games anyway. The Patriots just traded one of their beat defensive players and I bet they don't skip a beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2016, 10:48 AM   #69
J. Falcon
The Starter

Didn't watch that game last night but it seems like all kinds of crap is being said about the officiating. Missed and botched calls left and right. Very embarrassing forthe league as a whole. Coaches, players, press and fans are calling out for something to be done about the putrid level of refereeing. This is something the NFL MUST address in the upcoming offseason.
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #70
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
It was a face to face ,Newton standing straight up ,the lineman was in the air and had not control ,I understand the call or non call.To me Newton can't handel the heat anymore he needs to stop crying .
I dont know how anyone could understand that as a "non call". Newton was a QB in the pocket, not a runner. A defender can not make any contact with a Qb's head.

----------------------------

VIDEO: Richard Sherman Drills Dan Carpenter, Is Somehow Only Flagged for Offsides | The Big Lead
^^ video of the Richard Sherman hit on the Bills kicker.

That absolutely shouldn't have been a personal foul. Sherman jumped, paused, realized the ball was being snapped and there had been no whistles, started toward the block again, got pushed toward the kicker, touched the ball first, collided with Carpenter, and then the first whistle blew.
^^ How a seahawks fan saw the play. Lol
Seahawks.NET - The Voice of the 12th Man! • View topic - Lets Call A Spade A Spade
Old 11-08-2016, 11:23 AM   #71
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Falcon View Post
Didn't watch that game last night but it seems like all kinds of crap is being said about the officiating. Missed and botched calls left and right. Very embarrassing forthe league as a whole. Coaches, players, press and fans are calling out for something to be done about the putrid level of refereeing. This is something the NFL MUST address in the upcoming offseason.
At this point, I dont blame the refs. I blame the NFL for not making them full time employees. Just pay them 200k annually and be done with it. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:38 AM   #72
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
At this point, I dont blame the refs. I blame the NFL for not making them full time employees. Just pay them 200k annually and be done with it. This is getting ridiculous.

Well except for rookies they are already pretty much there. I mean since when is even the rookie salary not enough that you do not need a second job? Are you telling me that 6 figures is not enough money to get competent referees? These guys are not even good at their job.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:05 PM   #73
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Jay Gruden says Redskins running game goes through Robert Kelley, for now
Old 11-08-2016, 01:55 PM   #74
over the mountain
Playmaker

Here's why Richard Sherman wasn't flagged for contact on Bills' last play - CBSSports.com

Another controversial Richard Sherman moment. Last play of the game, Bills w the ball at the Seahawks 15.

Bills Taylor just barely leaves the pocket area when Sherman decks a receiver. No flag bc, apparently, you can straight up blind side hit a receiver once the QB leaves the pocket. You have to make sure you dont hold and the ball isnt going to be thrown to your area.

Ive never heard of this ... but apparently it is right there in the rule book as legal. Im 100% confident that if a redskins tried this, it would be a flag no questions asked. Its a gamble bc you are hoping the ref will have the same view and interpretation as you.

Im not sure Taylor had actually left the pocket when Sherman decked his guy, Taylor was in the process of getting outside the pocket.

Amazed, if a QB leaves the pocket, you can just clean out any receiver. Amazing.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #75
MTK
\m/

The league is all about player safety of course.