Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Packers Pre Game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-15-2016, 08:50 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Packers Pre Game

This is the muthereffing non-division game Ive had marked on my calendar all year.

Primetime (obligatory "I hate primetime cause we never show up" statement. First) game....against a solid team, with a good QB and a great HC per himself (Mike McCarthy on fixing Packers: I’m a highly successful NFL coach | ProFootballTalk).

Dogfight at home with both teams scrambling for playoff position...folks this is what November football is all about. Im f*cking hyped!!!

Lets get this look ahead thread going NOW!

Folks, these are the bitches who knocked us out the playoffs last year, its time for some revenge and the Packers are ripe for the pickin.

What you think? I think the game is gonna be all bout matchups.

First, Im concerned with the play of Fuller last game...and he is getting matched up with Cobb and Adams in the slot. Id say get the rook a chance to recover, BUT have a back up plan.

Jordan Reed and Crowder versus the Packers slot, linebacker and safety coverage. This is where we should fest....middle of the field, up the seam.

Im getting f*cking pumped!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-15-2016, 09:52 AM   #2
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Packers Pre Game

There are only two things that concern me about this game.

1. Aaron Rodgers. He is a future HOF QB who can have a huge game at any time.

2. The fact that the Packers are currently underdogs in this game and some in the Press are predicting that we'll run them out of the stadium. The Skins players need to keep all of their focus on this game and not read their own press clippings. The Packers are being disrespected by the media and I believe they'll be charged up for this game.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:18 AM   #3
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

2. The fact that the Packers are currently underdogs in this game and some in the Press are predicting that we'll run them out of the stadium. The Skins players need to keep all of their focus on this game and not read their own press clippings. The Packers are being disrespected by the media and I believe they'll be charged up for this game.
Could not agree more on all points. Should be an exciting game!
Old 11-15-2016, 10:20 AM   #4
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

This one scares me the most out of all the games left on our schedule. They have essentially the same team that waxed us right?
Old 11-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #5
Schneed10
A Dude

I agree this game makes me nervous. Because their line isn't blocking poorly, Rodgers is just missing dudes he usually doesn't. Nelson isn't the same coming off the injury and Cobb is still working back from the hamstring. But Davante Adams is pretty damn good himself. It feels an awful lot like if Aaron Rodgers finds his form they're right back to being the same offense.

On defense they're making mental gaffes. They just straight blew coverages against Tennessee. But I feel like that's mental. They could clean that up and really give us hell.

That's not to say we can't score on them because our offense is highly capable, but we should go into this game assuming Rodgers will be Rodgers again. We have to plan to win a shootout.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:48 AM   #6
MTK
\m/

Code red trap game for sure... I'll unveil my baller alert later in the week
Old 11-15-2016, 10:53 AM   #7
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

That still makes me lose my shit every week, lol.

This is the week we need to make him uncomfortable. He's good against the blitz, but looks EXTRA frustrated lately.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #8
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

1. Yup. Yup. Yup. Aaron Rodgers has been not been the Aaron Rodgers of old this season, but, if he gets untracked early, he is very capable of putting this team on his back and carrying it to victory.

2. This one doesn't bug so much. I think this team is a group of grinders. "One down, seven to go" was the statement coming off the field Sunday. I doubt this Skins' team is taking the team that knocked them out of the play-offs last year lightly. In fact, my hope is that the Skins shake the monkey off their back and blow these MF's out. I just don't think this is a group that is particularly worried about press clippings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
This one scares me the most out of all the games left on our schedule. They have essentially the same team that waxed us right?
Yes and no. Same QB and WR's. Same basic D. No Eddie Lacy, but Starks ran VERY effectively against us in that game. They also sacked Cousins six times and we sucked on 3rd down.

I've watched them a couple of times and, while they are not a BAD team, they aren't playing like a GOOD team. Something seems "broken" this year. It's not like us - who seem to be on the verge of breaking out. They seem to be on the verge of complete collapse. Four teams (Cowboys, Atlanta, Indi, & Tenn) scored 30 or more points against them.

This is a beatable team. We have to play as well or better than we played against the Vikings. I think we do that. I think we do it big and set up a very important Thanksgivings day game against the Cowboys.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:01 AM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

scared and nervous heh?

Im glad we are playing a meaningful game against a thirsty opponent.

We need to be out for revenge...Packers are staggering, lets knock them the fuck out!

More of Cravens playing close to the line and rushing the QB PLEASE!

He Gets Us
Old 11-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Code red trap game for sure... I'll unveil my baller alert later in the week
MATTY!!!!!! Its PRIMETIME TOO, WE ARE DOOOOOOOMED

He Gets Us
Old 11-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #11
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

S'ua Cravens is our Wild Card. Use Cravens to spy Rodgers. Rodgers may escape the rush and run but he'll pay the price when he does. It's all about disrupting Rodgers' game. Make Rodgers aware that he could be facing a big hit from Cravens on every passing down. I'm making this my Ignorant Fan's Key to the Game.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #12
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

This HAS to be a statement game for the team in THEIR minds and it should be. Even though they have struggled as of late, no one is counting GB out of the playoff race...so beating them gets rid of several monkeys on their back! Beating a good team, also the team that ended your season last year in the playoffs, beating a future HOF QB, and winning a damn primetime game for a change!!!
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:09 PM   #13
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

lol ... Just saw the ESPN power rankings. We are 20th. Behind Minnesota (5th), the Eagles (12th), the Bengals (17th), and the Giants (18th) ... So I guess we just caught everybody on an off-week. Hey at least they have us ahead of the Ravens and Cleveland (They also have Detroit, who we beat and are currently leading their division, at 26th).

Yeah ... not to worried about "press clippings."
Old 11-15-2016, 12:12 PM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
This HAS to be a statement game for the team in THEIR minds and it should be. Even though they have struggled as of late, no one is counting GB out of the playoff race...so beating them gets rid of several monkeys on their back! Beating a good team, also the team that ended your season last year in the playoffs, beating a future HOF QB, and winning a damn primetime game for a change!!!
THIS AND ONLY THIS!!!!!!!!!

HTTMuthereffingR!

He Gets Us
Old 11-15-2016, 12:32 PM   #15
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is the muthereffing non-division game Ive had marked on my calendar all year.

Primetime (obligatory "I hate primetime cause we never show up" statement. First) game....against a solid team, with a good QB and a great HC per himself (Mike McCarthy on fixing Packers: I’m a highly successful NFL coach | ProFootballTalk).

Dogfight at home with both teams scrambling for playoff position...folks this is what November football is all about. Im f*cking hyped!!!

Lets get this look ahead thread going NOW!

Folks, these are the bitches who knocked us out the playoffs last year, its time for some revenge and the Packers are ripe for the pickin.

What you think? I think the game is gonna be all bout matchups.

First, Im concerned with the play of Fuller last game...and he is getting matched up with Cobb and Adams in the slot. Id say get the rook a chance to recover, BUT have a back up plan.

Jordan Reed and Crowder versus the Packers slot, linebacker and safety coverage. This is where we should fest....middle of the field, up the seam.

Im getting f*cking pumped!
Always need a back up plan, but I'm not so concerned about Fuller, he showed in the second half he had the guts in him to come back from getting beaten. Hope he comes out hungry and ready!

As for the Packers, the only thing really worrying me is their run defense, ranked 4th rushing D (everything else is average or below average). The line needs to have another big game, if McVay establishes the run game, we'll crush them, we just moved the ball really well against a top defense, we can handle the Packers. If they shut our run game down, it can turnout to be a close one, but we'll win this one.