Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cowpukes postgame finger pointing thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-25-2016, 02:28 AM   #46
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Cowpukes postgame finger pointing thread

Redskins' missed chances haunt them again in loss to Dallas - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN

This pretty much sums it up for me. I think Cousins had a hell of a game but there were simply too many missed opportunities in the red zone early on that cost us big time in this game. What was it? Three trips to the red zone and no TDs early on? It's not all on Kirk either, but he's going to be the one that shoulders the blame when the offense sputters in the red zone. We know he can do it as noted in the second half so what's the problem? Play calling? Him being timid? Him audibling to a bad play? Who knows really, but we can't keep doing this and expect to go far. If you have 505 yards of offense, you should have way more points than 26. Hell, Dallas had 31 with 353. Skins were 2-5 in redzone while cowboys were 4-4.

Secondly, our defense is still bad and it's expected as much with the type of personnel. I do expect more out of Kerrigan because on that first drive, he whiffed at two tackles and let Dak get away from a sack. You got to make those plays making that kind of money. Our run defense is still bad, but they had their moments when they forced Dallas to 3 and outs. We still gave up 5.8yards per rush. Horrible.

I didn't have any issues with Jay's decisions to onside kick the ball even though many bitch about it. Listen, Jay knew (as did we all) good and well his defense wasn't going to stop the Cowboys so it was better to try for a onside, and let them score fast if you didn't get the recovery. If you kick it off, all you would have done is let them waste more time on the clock and STILL score.

Dustin Hopkins is irritating me. He's here for one thing and he can't seem to do that job consistently or when it counts. We need him to be better.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2016, 02:57 AM   #47
mredskins
MVP

I wonder how much a healthy JR and Hall would made today.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:04 AM   #48
Counter-Tre
Special Teams

Maybe I missed something but I was confused on a particular sequence. It appeared that Hopkins was lined up to kick the 43 yd field goal and right as they're ready to go, Gruden calls timeout. They snap the ball anyway and Hopkins puts it right through the uprights. Then after the timeout, they attempt the same exact thing but of course this time Hopkins misses. Was it the Redskins that called the timeout and if so, why? It would be like icing your own kicker.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:18 AM   #49
Swarley
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter-Tre View Post
Maybe I missed something but I was confused on a particular sequence. It appeared that Hopkins was lined up to kick the 43 yd field goal and right as they're ready to go, Gruden calls timeout. They snap the ball anyway and Hopkins puts it right through the uprights. Then after the timeout, they attempt the same exact thing but of course this time Hopkins misses. Was it the Redskins that called the timeout and if so, why? It would be like icing your own kicker.
The timeout was called by Gruden because the play clock was expiring, and the ball was never going to snapped on time. Had he not called it we'd be looking at a longer FG because of the delay of game.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:56 AM   #50
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Hopkins. But all kickers suck except Bailey. He is not the worst and far from the best.
D just lacks talent in a big big way.
McVay is a moron inside the 20 and a genius outside of it.
Kirk and Reed and Crowder have the potential to do big things here. Hopefully we get some playmakers on the other side of the ball for next year. This team will make a deep run this year I guarantee it. If we had a normal week we beat these guys. They aint much better. Just more rested. Fuck u Dallas.
Well said sir . We need some maulers and thumpers in the front 7 , an edge rusher ( speed guy ) , and a safety .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:02 AM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
The timeout was called by Gruden because the play clock was expiring, and the ball was never going to snapped on time. Had he not called it we'd be looking at a longer FG because of the delay of game.
Also, the reason for the timeout was a tackle was late getting on the field for the kick....I believe it was nsekhe. Completely inexcusable

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #52
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Also, the reason for the timeout was a tackle was late getting on the field for the kick....I believe it was nsekhe. Completely inexcusable
Pretty sure it was Moses.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:24 AM   #53
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
He's the best stopgap available, you got someone in mind that would be better? Have to wait till next years draft to DL, DE/OLB, S, ILB. This team's defense is a player or 2 away from being excellent.

They are a player or three away from being good enough that we will win because our offense rocks.....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:24 AM   #54
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Just listened to the podcast of the post game.

Scherff went out with an injury and was on the Special Teams unit. Moses was his back up, and was late getting out.

Still inexcusable but seems more like a fog of war issue than pure incompetence.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:57 AM   #55
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

The home team wins 62% of Thursday games. We played Sunday night and then Thursday afternoon. I am not discounting their team, but the odds were against us.

We are a good team playing a good team and the results are what they should have been.

If we go out and play to our ability, we should go 10-5-1. This puts us in the wild card spot. It will be the first back to back playoff appearance in many years. This is in year 2 of rebuilding.

I know Dallas has a good group of young players, but this is the nfl. It won't last for long. Look at neck beard, he was next great QB. He hasn't done crap lately. Look at Cam, he hasn't done crap this year.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:09 AM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Just listened to the podcast of the post game.

Scherff went out with an injury and was on the Special Teams unit. Moses was his back up, and was late getting out.

Still inexcusable but seems more like a fog of war issue than pure incompetence.
Type of mistakes that shouts "this team isn't ready". Fairly terrible mistake

He Gets Us
Old 11-25-2016, 10:11 AM   #57
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

To add to my earlier post. Last year, people were screaming how great Blake Bortles and Ryan Tannehill are, and how they would take them over KC. This year, they are in the bottom 1/3 of the league.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:13 AM   #58
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I wonder how much a healthy JR and Hall would made today.
hall prob not much, he was toast the first 2 games
Old 11-25-2016, 10:18 AM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

We have to get stronger up the middle of the defense. Strong safety, ILB and DT/de....I said it in the offseason and we sat on our hands. It's killing this team.

He Gets Us
Old 11-25-2016, 10:25 AM   #60
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

How did they sit on their hands last year? Are we not better this year than last year? You can only fill so many holes. As long as Scot M and team are still here, we will be better next year. We have two rookies playing significant minutes on defense. We have two people on pace for double digit sacks. When was the last time we had that?

The Kyshoen Jarrett injury really hurt the depth at CB and Safety.