All things NFL Offseason 2019.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #346
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: All things NFL Offseason 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This drives me insane. Insane actually isn't even the word. Irrationally angry maybe?

Josh Norman runs with the bulls in Pamplona today. Video shows him leaping over the bull, more than once. One of our highest paid players at one of the most important positions on the field, knowingly taking part in an activity where the risk of injury is clear and evident.

This harkens to when Casey Rabach sliced his leg open during an accident sustained while riding his ATV. He was a center taking up only a couple million of cap space, and it still drove me nuts.

But this enrages me. The stupidity of this is astounding. His contract isn't even guaranteed this year. He's lucky he's physically fine. What a grade A dumbass.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...bulls-pamplona

What a fucking moron. SMH

Here is some video of him jumping over the bull.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1149349278638379008

I cheer the bulls on when they gore people that do shit like that and I would laugh my ass off if Norman got a horn to the ass. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-11-2019, 03:04 PM   #347
mredskins
MVP

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/11/wa...ees-dan-snyder

More good news.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:36 PM   #348
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
What a fucking moron. SMH

Here is some video of him jumping over the bull.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1149349278638379008

I cheer the bulls on when they gore people that do shit like that and I would laugh my ass off if Norman got a horn to the ass. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
You wonder how many things people would not do if they could not show it to everybody on social media. How many people are killed or maimed taking selfies?

90% of the time, the "Man falls off cliff" stories happened because someone was taking a selfie.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #349
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Imagine that, drama right before camp starts.. Perfect timing for the media
Old 07-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #350
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Again, it baffles me how a reputable sports news organization like SI would a.) take Chris Russell as a serious Redskins news source, and b.) would not realize how ridiculous biased was his stupid rant.

I guess it is the slow time of the year for NFL news, so many people are throwing shit to the wall to see what sticks.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #351
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

What a quiet supplemental draft yesterday. Just 1 pick by the Cardinals. I know someone on here mentioned the safety they picked as well as a wr.

I am a bit surprised we didnt get someone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #352
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This drives me insane. Insane actually isn't even the word. Irrationally angry maybe?

Josh Norman runs with the bulls in Pamplona today. Video shows him leaping over the bull, more than once. One of our highest paid players at one of the most important positions on the field, knowingly taking part in an activity where the risk of injury is clear and evident.

This harkens to when Casey Rabach sliced his leg open during an accident sustained while riding his ATV. He was a center taking up only a couple million of cap space, and it still drove me nuts.

But this enrages me. The stupidity of this is astounding. His contract isn't even guaranteed this year. He's lucky he's physically fine. What a grade A dumbass.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...bulls-pamplona
As a fan of the team I cringe. As a fan of a three ring circus dumpster fire shit show I absolutely love it.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #353
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Again, it baffles me how a reputable sports news organization like SI would a.) take Chris Russell as a serious Redskins news source, and b.) would not realize how ridiculous biased was his stupid rant.

I guess it is the slow time of the year for NFL news, so many people are throwing shit to the wall to see what sticks.

Is it really hard to believe that it's the truth though? I believe it. The organization is a cluster fuck from head to toe and it shoes on and off the field. It's been that way from day one of Snyder's reign and it's not going to change until he's gone.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:54 PM   #354
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I wouldn’t worry about it...I’m sure the team will do the right thing, trot out Doug Williams with a unprepared statement which will be most likely rambling and Doug will have to apologize later for...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:16 PM   #355
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I guess $100 million is not enough to get a kidney.

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington...ans-133573474/

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:51 AM   #356
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

You could have all the money in the world but if nobody wants to donate a kidney, you're still fucked.

After everything that happened I only wanted Haynesworth to go broke like so many other retired athletes, I don't wish death on the man.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:07 AM   #357
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Is it really hard to believe that it's the truth though? I believe it. The organization is a cluster fuck from head to toe and it shoes on and off the field. It's been that way from day one of Snyder's reign and it's not going to change until he's gone.
If it was the truth or newsworthy, it would have been verified/followed up by some of the other more credible Redskins reporters in the area, which it hasn't.

This is pretty similar to the story that was blown out of proportion where the Junkies "reported" that Jay Gruden didn't know and wasn't involved in the free agency process, which wasn't the case. Craig Hoffman even went on the Redskins Talk Podcast and said that the story was misreported by 106.7.

I'm never going to defend the dysfunction that happens within the team, but I'm just tired of these news personalities being over dramatic and having people take their opinions as news.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-12-2019, 10:09 AM   #358
Schneed10
A Dude

What's dumb about the whole thing is that employees on the business side have zero impact on the team's chances of winning or losing.

In other words, I could give a shit.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #359
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
What a quiet supplemental draft yesterday. Just 1 pick by the Cardinals. I know someone on here mentioned the safety they picked as well as a wr.

I am a bit surprised we didnt get someone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I think given the fact that we traded our 2020 2nd round pick, the team is not going to want to spend picks on a supplemental draft. Unless something horrible happens, I could see them next year find ways to recoup the lost 2nd rounder.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #360
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You could have all the money in the world but if nobody wants to donate a kidney, you're still fucked.

After everything that happened I only wanted Haynesworth to go broke like so many other retired athletes, I don't wish death on the man.
It is pretty crazy how long years in the NFL make a lot of guys age in dog years.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote