\m/

Re: Redskins predictions 2019 edition

http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64379

Advertisements
Old 07-18-2019, 01:56 AM   #17
Warthog
The Starter

I think Quinn is going to stay healthy and have a breakout season at WR with Haskins as the QB.

I also want to see a LOT MORE play actions and a lot LESS predictability on first down. Running for most of the first downs last year was just a waste because teams knew it was coming. I'm glad Jay isn't calling the plays this year - we'll be better for it.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:17 PM   #18
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
turnovers are crucial for sure...but I really think O'Connell understands some priorities in order to "fix" the Offense. Here what I would do:

1. Use the same formation to run multiple plays and remove tendencies from play strategy
2. Throw more on first down. Yes, Im a "run the damn ball" type dude BUT Jay did something like run the ball 68-70 % on first down, that's way too much and lead to a terrible 1st down yardage success which cause too many 2nd and longs.
3. Bring back play action game. We ran the ball fairly well last year, but our play action game was severely lacking. Cousins was a really good play action QB...I just googled Case Keenum +play action...look what I found from his Minnesota playoff year:

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-foo...on-play-action

Case Keenum – Keenum showed the largest discrepancy in play-action passer rating (117.9) vs. non-play-action passer rating (88.2). This could be a legitimate concern for him in Denver. Minnesota ranked second in play-action passes last season, while Denver ranked 11th. Denver has a new offensive coordinator in Bill Musgrave, but the Oakland Raiders in 2016 (Musgrave’s last season as an offensive coordinator) attempted even fewer (32 less) play-action passes than Denver did last season, with the seventh-fewest play-action attempts that year.

Who lead the league in Play Action QB Rating that same year? Cousins in Washington with a 124.4%!!!! Keenum was fifth highest rating in league.

Bro, Grudan, bring back the Play action!!!!!!!
Interesting point. I also think, in order to break tendencies, play action should be used to throw some short and medium passes. I feel like every time we went play action last year we were trying to hit the home run... Can't work every time, especially when you don't have a true speed threat.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:26 PM   #19
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Camp is a little over a week away for the Skins, lets see some player predictions for who we think wins certain jobs and who really takes a leap forward this season.

For me I'm going to start with QB - I truly believe Dwayne Haskins wins the job with his pure leadership skills and smarts of the game, not to mention he will WOW the coaching staff with his elite arm talent.

The one player I have taking a leap forward this year and making a run at being a top tier Defensive player is Jon Allen, who after missing most of his rookie year played all 16 games last season.

Accounting for 61 tackles, eight sacks and 35 total pressures (20 hurries).

Allen was also awesome in run defense only missing 4 tackles all season.

What do you guys say?

HTTR
Not really a prediction but god do I hope Wes Martin wins the starting LG spot.

I'd also like Sprinkle to earn some more playing time, we need an hybrid TE that can block and catch.

On defense I hope Montae Nicholson can get back to what he was before his nasty concussion.

My prediction would be squad one rather than a player one: I think our secondary can look amazing this season. With an improved pass rush (Montez Sweat + inside pressure + M Reliable Kerrigan), don't tell me SS Collins - FS Evertt/Nicholson - CB Norman - CB Dunbar/Moreau - SlotCB Stroman/Moreland is not a great squad !
Old 07-18-2019, 06:52 PM   #20
Burgold
Special Teams

Oh maybe-8-8 or 6-10,depends on injuries and coaching,Gruden can go brain dead at times.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 03:17 AM   #21
Meks
Pro Bowl

8-8
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:30 AM   #22
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post

I'd also like Sprinkle to earn some more playing time, we need an hybrid TE that can block and catch.

On defense I hope Montae Nicholson can get back to what he was before his nasty concussion.

My prediction would be squad one rather than a player one: I think our secondary can look amazing this season. With an improved pass rush (Montez Sweat + inside pressure + M Reliable Kerrigan), don't tell me SS Collins - FS Evertt/Nicholson - CB Norman - CB Dunbar/Moreau - SlotCB Stroman/Moreland is not a great squad !
I don't see how Flowers wins LG.. I hope not
Old 07-19-2019, 08:37 AM   #23
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post

Im gonna be completely 100....The Defensive staff has zero excuses...NONE. The starters and depth on defense is fairly solid. Resources and draft capital have been used well. The D staff really needs to put it together.... I think Horton can really help overall with Staff leadership.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:37 AM   #24
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If Haskins can come in and play at a good level, and the defense puts up a top 10 scoring season, this team could win 9-10 games. If those 2 do not happen, I don't see anything better than 7-9
Old 07-19-2019, 10:43 AM   #25
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Im gonna be completely 100....The Defensive staff has zero excuses...NONE. The starters and depth on defense is fairly solid. Resources and draft capital have been used well. The D staff really needs to put it together.... I think Horton can really help overall with Staff leadership.
Agreed. The only "weak spot" would be ILB. But I like Mason Foster on a good day, we haven't talked much about it but we signed Jon Bostic after the draft, veteran that knows the job, and SDH showed some nice flashes late in the season. With a solid front 4/5 in front of them, it should be ok.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #26
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I love BMitch's response to this teams injuries.. "Suck it up and play football"

Yeah some guys are really injured but there are also guys that are Nicked up and sit the games out. Man up and play. I wish we had more players like Brian
Here's what I know. Reed, Moses, Trent and Thompson will be hurt or will be playing hurt. It's been that way for years so why is that going to change? They all play offense so maybe it's just time to replace these guys. I'd try and get one more year out of Trent, CT and Reed. After that it's time for some new blood.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:16 PM   #27
Warthog
The Starter

7-9 if Haskins starts from the beginning and maybe one more winning game if Case starts. If Keenum beats out Haskins in the pre-season and then starts from the first game, then we're going to find out why he is a journeyman QB.

I want to see Haskins start from the get-go to learn the NFL defenses by playing, not watching it from the sidelines.

the defense and the run game are going to help this team win games.

Flyboy.

Old 07-20-2019, 09:33 PM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
7-9 if Haskins starts from the beginning and maybe one more winning game if Case starts. If Keenum beats out Haskins in the pre-season and then starts from the first game, then we're going to find out why he is a journeyman QB.

I want to see Haskins start from the get-go to learn the NFL defenses by playing, not watching it from the sidelines.

the defense and the run game are going to help this team win games.
This won't happen without a solid passing game
Old 07-20-2019, 10:46 PM   #29
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
This won't happen without a solid passing game
I agree. Some of the WR's are going to have to greatly improve their game and reach their potential with Crowder gone. I'm betting on Quinn as the guy to really do something at WR this season.

Flyboy.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:45 PM   #30
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Just can't see us winning more than 7 or 8 games.

If Colt starts, we go 8-8, because Colt will go out with injury early in the season and Case / Haskins will have to finish up the season.

If Case starts i think we go 7-9 or 8-8, at the point that we are mathematically out from the playoffs, Haskins takes over.

If Haskins starts from day one, I see anywhere between 4-6 wins.