Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Grade the signing of Adrian Peterson (5 the best, 1 the worst)
5 11 26.19%
4 10 23.81%
3 13 30.95%
2 3 7.14%
1 1 2.38%
0 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2018, 08:20 AM   #61
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson

The idea of Adrian Peterson in a Redskins uniform makes me want to throw up. That won't change no matter how well he might perform on the football field. I'll still root for the Skins but not for him.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-21-2018, 08:29 AM   #62
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I do. However for all intensive purposes AP is a guy off the street. His phone wasn’t ringing off the hook. Anyway how does less credentials fall into the positive category for anyone who did anything ever? If we gave up the farm to sign him I would agree with your whole “fill the seats, bullshit move” theory but we didn’t. We gave up nothing. You will be ordering your AP jersey soon. Lol
Like I said, I'd get through the next two pre season games by signing someone like Darkwa. I'd let him, Kelly, Bibbs and CT carry the load next week. Once Perine comes back next week then figure it out from there and wait for the final cuts. Plus we'll hopefully have Marshall back by week one.

As you may or may not know I am always against signing old guys, no matter how low risk it is, especially an old 33 year old RB. Then when you add in that he abused a child, I just can't root for this. He can rush for 1400 yards and score 12 td's and I just can't do it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #63
Ruhskins
Living Legend

AP contract details.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:32 AM   #64
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
The idea of Adrian Peterson in a Redskins uniform makes me want to throw up. That won't change no matter how well he might perform on the football field. I'll still root for the Skins but not for him.
Can you imagine beating a 4 year old so bad with a tree limb that he needs medical attention? And to add insult to injury you stick leaves in his mouth? What the fuck is wrong with that guy? Big huge thumbs down to Redskins management.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:34 AM   #65
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
His best days are behind him but let me put it this way... are you more confident now in the Redskins ability to pick up a first down on third and one with a game on the line when everyone knows you’re going to run?

Peterson still is a very hard charger and at minimum fills the Gerald Riggs type role. We desperately need that.

Guice will be the hero next year but Peterson can help on the goal line and keep drives alive.
This exactly, AD isn't coming in here to rush for 1200 yards, people that think he's useless still are wrong, he will do the dirty work and get tough yards that ROB can't, also IMO AD is still a better back than Rob so it's a win win situation.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #66
MTK
\m/

Adrian Peterson on parenting, forgiveness, being a public pariah
Old 08-21-2018, 09:30 AM   #67
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

If Ray Lewis can go in the HOF, I'm thinking 1 year of AP isn't going to kill the Skins.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:37 AM   #68
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
His best days are behind him but let me put it this way... are you more confident now in the Redskins ability to pick up a first down on third and one with a game on the line when everyone knows you’re going to run?

Peterson still is a very hard charger and at minimum fills the Gerald Riggs type role. We desperately need that.

Guice will be the hero next year but Peterson can help on the goal line and keep drives alive.
Just a note. He does fumble a lot. While I'd be more confident in the short yardage, I'm also worried about his ability to secure the ball.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #69
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
If Ray Lewis can go in the HOF, I'm thinking 1 year of AP isn't going to kill the Skins.
Don't forget Dante Stallworth, signed with the Redskins after killing a guy while driving drunk.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #70
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Just a note. He does fumble a lot. While I'd be more confident in the short yardage, I'm also worried about his ability to secure the ball.
Career 53.2 FUM GRADE (PFF)

44 Fumbles on 2,690 Attempts.

It's not as bad as it seems but he's def not the best at securing the ball.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:52 AM   #71
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Can you imagine beating a 4 year old so bad with a tree limb that he needs medical attention? And to add insult to injury you stick leaves in his mouth? What the fuck is wrong with that guy? Big huge thumbs down to Redskins management.
Yes I can imagine that. Growing up I got 10x worse beatings that would make that look like a walk in the park. That however has nothing to do with him playing on the field

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.

Last edited by EARTHQUAKE2689; 08-21-2018 at 05:07 PM.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:16 PM   #72
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Yes I can imagine that. Growing up I got 10x worse beatings that would make that look like a walk in the park. That however has nothing to do with him playing kn the field
agreed.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #73
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Like I said, I'd get through the next two pre season games by signing someone like Darkwa. I'd let him, Kelly, Bibbs and CT carry the load next week. Once Perine comes back next week then figure it out from there and wait for the final cuts. Plus we'll hopefully have Marshall back by week one.

As you may or may not know I am always against signing old guys, no matter how low risk it is, especially an old 33 year old RB. Then when you add in that he abused a child, I just can't root for this. He can rush for 1400 yards and score 12 td's and I just can't do it.

I hear you about not wanting to root for him. Ive said as much. But every time he gets the ball im going to root for him. Lol. Whether or not he has a good or bad year will not change what he did or how I feel about him as a person. He has to live with it and I guess I will let God be his judge and jury.
As for signing Darkwa he might not have been willing to sign a one year deal. Again, in football terms it is a zero risk move so....
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:32 PM   #74
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eague-minimum/

Vet min 1.05M, only 600K would count against the cap, nothing if he doesn't make the 53.

I'm 100 % on board with the football move then.

As for the ethical part of it, I'll let the justice of your country decide, don't consider my opinion on that is relevant.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #75
GridIron26
Playmaker

Great article.. I think this is a great example of how important it is for everyone to get full context before judging anyone.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote