Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2019, 02:32 PM   #16
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Joe would be able to recognize good leadership skills no doubt but would he recognize the other skills necessary for successful GM candidates?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2019, 03:05 PM   #17
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Before we get too carried away about the idea of the this org poisoning him, you do know who Kyle's Dad is right? AJ wasn't exactly known for his people skills. Hopefully Kyle isn't cut from that same mold.
I totally forgot about that angle, AJ Smith was one of the worst things to happen to the Chargers, talent evaluation skills aside.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:34 PM   #18
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Kevin Sheehan brought up something interesting today, Peyton Manning is reportedly interested in getting into a ownership/GM role. Give him a minority ownership stake and the GM role. Fuck it, why the hell not??
No thanks. It's something Snyder would do to get the fans excited. Total PR move IMO.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:43 PM   #19
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
No thanks. It's something Snyder would do to get the fans excited. Total PR move IMO.
I think we could use good PR and Manning knows football inside and out so I would not hate it entirely, but what is really important who Snyder hires as his new handler. If its a Vinny or BA clone then we will be right back in fan hell. If he allows a winning culture guy to come in and set up shop then maybe we have hope.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #20
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Bruce is bad for business. No one w/ any credibility would ever come here if he's here.

Dan needs to walk into Redskin Park the day after the season and fire everyone. Bruce, Doug, Smith, Santos, Jay and his entire staff, all gone. It hasn't worked with this group. They've had plenty of time to get it right.

Lombardi is spot on, it's a culture thing with the Redskins and it needs to be rebuilt from the top down. Get a GM in here who's detail oriented and hire a coach who thinks like he does.

I'd make a call to Dabo cause he has turned Clemson around and he did it by changing the culture. I'd make a call to Greg Williams cause he makes players accountable. He can get more out of this underachieving defense. I'd call Eric Beinemy as well. The guy is ready to be a HC and can bring creativity to the offense.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #21
calia
Playmaker

First of all, outstanding thread and I appreciate the thoughtfulness.

To me, whether I can continue being a fan (after 46 years) boils down to whether Allen is gone either this season or as soon as it is over. If not, it tells me that Snyder is either too unwise or too stubborn to change, and the team will continue the shit show of the last many years indefinitely. I see no prospect of change - and change is so sorely needed. I count myself in with a ton of fans who are fatigued to the point of breaking. Love the team and many of the players, but the crotch kicking experience of being a Skins fan is old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2019, 05:08 PM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The key thing with GM position, it MUST work in unison with the new coach. We need everyone on the same page for once.

Not Bruce trading for MCNabb when Shanny didn’t want McNabb. Not Bruce trading and extending Alex Smith, when it was a poor fit for Gruden’s scheme. This shit pisses me off so fucking much.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #23
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The key thing with GM position, it MUST work in unison with the new coach. We need everyone on the same page for once.

Not Bruce trading for MCNabb when Shanny didn’t want McNabb. Not Bruce trading and extending Alex Smith, when it was a poor fit for Gruden’s scheme. This shit pisses me off so fucking much.
Or the scouts and your head coach not wanting to draft Haskins at 15, but had no choice cause the owner and his bitch said too bad.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:00 PM   #24
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Or the scouts and your head coach not wanting to draft Haskins at 15, but had no choice cause the owner and his bitch said too bad.
I would hope that isn't the case, but if there's any consolation it's that the head coach's opinion (barring the unlikeliest of turnarounds) probably won't be relevant after this year.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:21 PM   #25
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

You nailed the single biggest organizational problem.

Also, Bruce forcing Callahan as the run game coordinator on the offense.

Totally agree

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2019, 09:19 PM   #26
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

You fire Bruce and Jay, hire a real GM, let that GM pick his HC. It's not fucking rocket science or reinventing the wheel. We just have a loser for an owner.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:10 PM   #27
metalskins
The Starter

I've never understood the concept of hiring all of the assistance coaches and coordinators and then hiring a head coach. In every other franchise, the head coach always picks his coaching staff. Never understood why Bruce has done it like that - but it doesn't work.

Allen had better be gone by the end of this season.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:20 PM   #28
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
I've never understood the concept of hiring all of the assistance coaches and coordinators and then hiring a head coach. In every other franchise, the head coach always picks his coaching staff. Never understood why Bruce has done it like that - but it doesn't work.

It's pretty easy to understand, Bruce is a lunatic. I want to believe Gruden got to pick his own coaches but we can't forget Zorn was originally hired to be offensive coordinator before a HC was hired, and then after we threw the shit fit about Hassel he was promoted to HC.

If Gruden wasn't allowed to create his own hierarchy with his own hand picked assistants he was doomed from the start.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:25 AM   #29
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post

I really think we have no reason to believe that Allen will be fired, other than wanting that as fans. People in the media and those "in the know" has said over and over again that Bruce is here as long as he wants to be. Our best case scenario is that Allen retires on his own soon. I do agree, Bruce has to go, but to think that Snyder fires him, i believe is very misguided thinking.

I think what is the most likely scenario, is that Dan and Bruce fire Jay and all of his assistants, and then reload their way, picking all of the staff and coordinators, and THEN, picking their head coach.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:42 AM   #30
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's pretty easy to understand, Bruce is a lunatic. I want to believe Gruden got to pick his own coaches but we can't forget Zorn was originally hired to be offensive coordinator before a HC was hired, and then after we threw the shit fit about Hassel he was promoted to HC.

If Gruden wasn't allowed to create his own hierarchy with his own hand picked assistants he was doomed from the start.
Regardless BA goes out of his way to undermine the coaches. He did it with Shanahan and he is doing it with Jay to scapegoat him. We can fire Jay and that will fix our Jay problem but it doesn’t fix the problem with the team.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote