James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #16
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
That was ridiculous, he should've been ejected from the game. I had forgotten about this, it was ridiculous. I hope they suspend his a$$. Man, when did the Steelers become the team of sh*theads? Big Ben assaulting women, Ward's drunk a$$ getting caught DUI, and now Harrison with this stupid tirade.

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #17
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Five years from now, the only way James Harrison has anything to do with a major magazine is to go to the newsstand and buy one.

Five years from now, Roger Goodell will be NFL Commish and tons of magazines - - if there are any magazines left in 5 years - - will drool over getting him to be part of their cover story for a month.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #18
skinster
Impact Rookie

Harrison is a twat in so many ways....but man I would love that twat to be a Redskin.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #19
MTK
\m/

Harrison just may be the dumbest guy in the NFL. Check out this pic from the Men's Journal article. With the NFL's stance on guns this is just beyond dumb on his part.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #20
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

The Steelers are having some serious issues with their players right now, however the Hines Ward thing wont turn out to be that big of a deal. I think Ward is a pretty good guy who just made a stupid mistake. However Ben Rapistburger, Mendenhall and Harrison are idiots in my opinion.
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #21
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

James E Harrison.....Sooooper Genius...........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #22
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
Bullcrap they're right on. Especially when they pertain to Harrison, who is almost spiteful in his approach to the game.

It's easier for players to kvetch and moan and groan about being fined and about the crack down on illegal hits and helmet-to-helmet shots while they're young and healthy. The consequences of those kind of hits are real and actual and have been documented to have a profound effect nor just on football players, but from other sports as well--baseball, hockey, pro wresting--it's not good. Especially with a nutjob with a screw lose like Harrison.

I understand the hypocrisy of trying to tack on 2 extra games while talking about health of the players, but I also don't agree with this notion that floats around with some fans that, because some of the moves the league makes to protect players health (after all, this is a business, you want to protect your investment, even if you don't give a shit about your player's health), it constitutes going back to "flag football".

There's still plenty of big hits every week in football that you never ever hear about because they're clean as a whistle and don't cause penalties, and everyone oohhs and awes and cringes. We've seen Renzo, Sellers, even LaRon Landry lay out some HUGE hits that were clean and impactful and "HOLY S**T!" moments that didn't involve some tool going after a guy's noggin.
Preach brother preach! This is why you're the best writer on Bleacher Report (which I realize is a bit of a backhanded compliment but I do like your work)

We don't need more John Mackey situations
Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontrem View Post
The Steelers are having some serious issues with their players right now, however the Hines Ward thing wont turn out to be that big of a deal. I think Ward is a pretty good guy who just made a stupid mistake. However Ben Rapistburger, Mendenhall and Harrison are idiots in my opinion.
Hines Ward is a good guy...who is lucky he hasn't been busted before. He can throw back with the best of them
Old 07-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #24
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Bullcrap they're right on. Especially when they pertain to Harrison, who is almost spiteful in his approach to the game.

It's easier for players to kvetch and moan and groan about being fined and about the crack down on illegal hits and helmet-to-helmet shots while they're young and healthy. The consequences of those kind of hits are real and actual and have been documented to have a profound effect nor just on football players, but from other sports as well--baseball, hockey, pro wresting--it's not good. Especially with a nutjob with a screw lose like Harrison.

I understand the hypocrisy of trying to tack on 2 extra games while talking about health of the players, but I also don't agree with this notion that floats around with some fans that, because some of the moves the league makes to protect players health (after all, this is a business, you want to protect your investment, even if you don't give a shit about your player's health), it constitutes going back to "flag football".

There's still plenty of big hits every week in football that you never ever hear about because they're clean as a whistle and don't cause penalties, and everyone oohhs and awes and cringes. We've seen Renzo, Sellers, even LaRon Landry lay out some HUGE hits that were clean and impactful and "HOLY S**T!" moments that didn't involve some tool going after a guy's noggin.
sorry but if you look around at what the guys are saying that have actually played in the nfl they laugh at goodell and the league office. it's stupid to ask defensive players to do the crap they're asking. it's ruins the game and it costs teams games with some of their stupid calls. most of the hits aren't even head to head, and in a lot of cases the runner ducks HIS head and initiates the head on head contact. that shows me goodell is clueless cause he still fines guys when this happens. these guys that are so worried about the long time health of the players are the ones that turn around and ask them to play two more games. give me a break! harriosn is out of line with his comments but goodell needs to go.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #25
MTK
\m/

Quote:

/thread
Old 07-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #26
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Are you guys kidding me? He didn't punch the guy it was an open palm to the guys numbers. Plus the Az. player dove at his knees, a big no no. Looks like fans are getting as soft as the refs and the league office.

I actually like Harrison. He's one mean, tough SOB that intimidates, he reminds me of Greg Lloyd, just the kind of guy you don't want to **** around with. Plus he plays hard and back it up on the field. I like that in a defensive player. Now like I said, not cool ripping your teammates to the media and calling out the commish being on fire and calling him gay or whatever.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #27
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Are you guys kidding me? He didn't punch the guy it was an open palm to the guys numbers. Plus the Az. player dove at his knees, a big no no. Looks like fans are getting as soft as the refs and the league office.

I actually like Harrison. He's one mean, tough SOB that intimidates, he reminds me of Greg Lloyd, just the kind of guy you don't want to **** around with. Plus he plays hard and back it up on the field. I like that in a defensive player. Now like I said, not cool ripping your teammates to the media and calling out the commish being on fire and calling him gay or whatever.
Harrison's reaction was simply uncalled for and Madden was right, he should have been tossed for that. Open palm or not, you can't hit someone.

Harrison is a meathead and a thug. No way around it.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #28
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Facing Goodell for any further disciplinary problems will be a true adventure. I'm sure he will remember. Some of these football players should be one permanent gag-order.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #29
MTK
\m/

I'm sure the Rooney family is face-palming all over the place today.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #30
FRPLG
MVP

I have to admit I don't get why there is so much dislike for Goodell. Not that I am some big fan but the level of dislike doesn't seem very rational. Can someone explain it?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote