Parking Lot

Old 10-31-2019, 05:03 AM   #16
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: advice for cutting the cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
No movie channels, 1 box and 1 router...and the HD basic cable package. The

In Charles County MD I have Comcast and I have 4 box's HD, no movie stations upgraded Basic (we have a Netflix's account) rent a router for internet and a landline phone .

We're at $170

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2019, 11:46 AM   #17
MTK
\m/

One of the many things that pisses me off about cable is I wanted to add the Redzone but in order to do so I have to add a $20/month "gold tier" sports package. I only want the Redzone, why do I have to add 5 other channels I'll never watch?! I ended up doing the Redzone streaming option on my phone for $35 for the entire season.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:23 PM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Cable and internet has become way too expensive. You really have to watch your subscription game too. When I cut the cord, I was using Sling...which was ok. The most aggravating thing was my HD antenna trying to get NBC was a challenge most the time.

I usually rotate through my Amazon Firestick Prime account HBO, Netflix and Showtime. Ill turn one on and the others off to catch up when I need.

Side note, Amazon Music subscription is awesome, mostly all the music I want for $8 a month

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:02 PM   #19
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

A friend hooked me up with a guy who sold me an Amazon firestick for 45 bucks and I pay him 10 bucks a month.I dont know how it works,all I know is I get all the movie channels,all the networks,tons of sport channels along with all the nfl games,red zone,etc
Old 10-31-2019, 01:21 PM   #20
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
A friend hooked me up with a guy who sold me an Amazon firestick for 45 bucks and I pay him 10 bucks a month.I dont know how it works,all I know is I get all the movie channels,all the networks,tons of sport channels along with all the nfl games,red zone,etc
why are u paying him 10 bucks a month to do that? Its the easiest thing in the world. Just google it.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:40 PM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
why are u paying him 10 bucks a month to do that? Its the easiest thing in the world. Just google it.
I like the fact Htown has kinda agree to a mafia-like "paying a point" a month for cable action.

Does the guy look like Paulie Walnuts?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:57 PM   #22
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico23231 View Post
i like the fact htown has kinda agree to a mafia-like "paying a point" a month for cable action.

Does the guy look like paulie walnuts?
lol
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:30 PM   #23
MTK
\m/

Quote:
lol oh man, you're paying someone monthly for a jail broken firestick? Bro a one time payment was all that was needed. You're getting jacked.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:20 PM   #24
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
lol oh man, you're paying someone monthly for a jail broken firestick? Bro a one time payment was all that was needed. You're getting jacked.
Really? lol
Well it's been worth it
If it's that easy then why dont you buy one and use that instead of paying for whatever?
Old 11-01-2019, 10:16 AM   #25
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Really? lol

Well it's been worth it

If it's that easy then why dont you buy one and use that instead of paying for whatever?

I have one, tried it and it didn’t like it. Didn’t like how unreliable it was at times. And there’s the sketchy/illegal part of it. But if it’s working for you that’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2019, 11:39 AM   #26
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
I have one, tried it and it didn’t like it. Didn’t like how unreliable it was at times. And there’s the sketchy/illegal part of it. But if it’s working for you that’s great.

I had heard of jailbroken firesticks before but had never bought one or seen one used.Since the respondents here think I was getting ripped off I have been doing more research.I paid 85 bucks for my firestick and that included 4 months of programming which are supposed to expire in December.
So I am seeing people selling a lot of jailbroken firesticks for over 85 so I dont feel so bad now.
Also the youtube videos I watch on how to use them show that you have to go to different apps to do different things,mine is all integrated under one app so maybe he has some special setup and thats why he's charging I dont know,his app looks nothing like the ones I have seen on youtube.
I wasnt planning on renewing so we will see if programming still continues.
I already have comcast,just thought I would give this a try to see how it worked,it was worth the 85 investment just for the sunday ticket,everything else is a bonus,but as Matty said it doesnt always work right,but luckily it has worked so far for the football games
Old 11-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #27
mredskins
MVP

Quote:

Totally, it took me all of 40 minutes to do it. Only reason it takes so long is because i have to type using my fire tv remote. Just google troy point he will show you how to do it.

Shit worked like at best 58% of the time, total crap shoot consistently had to keep finding new add ons that would work.

the interesting point is how is this dude collecting $10 bucks a month for this and what is he even doing outside of the first set up that would require $10 a month. He is paying a $120 a year to steal movies he could just rent in perfect 4K for $5.99. That is like 20 movie rentals, i doubt i even rent that many in a year. Talk about a sucker born every minute.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #28
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
I had heard of jailbroken firesticks before but had never bought one or seen one used.Since the respondents here think I was getting ripped off I have been doing more research.I paid 85 bucks for my firestick and that included 4 months of programming which are supposed to expire in December.
So I am seeing people selling a lot of jailbroken firesticks for over 85 so I dont feel so bad now.
Also the youtube videos I watch on how to use them show that you have to go to different apps to do different things,mine is all integrated under one app so maybe he has some special setup and thats why he's charging I dont know,his app looks nothing like the ones I have seen on youtube.
I wasnt planning on renewing so we will see if programming still continues.
I already have comcast,just thought I would give this a try to see how it worked,it was worth the 85 investment just for the sunday ticket,everything else is a bonus,but as Matty said it doesnt always work right,but luckily it has worked so far for the football games
Bro you spent $85 plus $120 a year that is $205 with recurring payments. You are getting ripped off. LOL! I can't stop laughing. just google troypoint kodia. LOL!
Old 11-01-2019, 11:48 AM   #29
mredskins
MVP

For htownskinfan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFFHSRLl3mY

Dude I won't even charge you a monthly fee for that link.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:18 PM   #30
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Bro you spent $85 plus $120 a year that is $205 with recurring payments. You are getting ripped off. LOL! I can't stop laughing. just google troypoint kodia. LOL!
Correction,if I would have kept paying him I would have been ripped off,but thanks for the heads up,it forced me to research it more,my total investment has been 85 so I dont consider that a ripoff