Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Promote Kevin O'Connell To Offensive Coordinator; Matt Cavanaugh Moves To Senior Offensive Assistant

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-08-2019, 08:29 AM   #91
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Redskins Promote Kevin O'Connell To Offensive Coordinator; Matt Cavanaugh Moves To Senior Offensive Assistant

There is no doubt this team is drafting a QB in the first round.

Advertisements
Old 02-08-2019, 08:44 AM   #92
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins Promote Kevin O'Connell To Offensive Coordinator; Matt Cavanaugh Moves To Senior Offensive Assistant

With this team nothing is certain
Old 02-08-2019, 08:45 AM   #93
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I cannot believe there are a few sports sites saying Foles could go to Washington. How the hell could they pay him? He is going to get $20 mil+.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:46 AM   #94
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I cannot believe there are a few sports sites saying Foles could go to Washington. How the hell could they pay him? He is going to get $20 mil+.
When I see stuff like that I just go ahead and assume that person has no idea of how the salary cap works and their opinion on the matter is useless.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:18 AM   #95
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
On what evidence are you basing this claim? we're 2-1/2 months away from the draft. we don't have a QB coach. the combine hasn't happened. team's boards haven't been set yet. We don't know how things will line up to have any idea about when the top QBs are expected to be taken. There is not even consensus on who will be the 1st overall pick. Its WAY too early to make definitive claims about anything that will happen in April's draft.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #96
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The only way they don't is if Teddy B is signed for cheap, Foles is not happening.. I don't even know why those sites are saying its possible... HOW?? We have no $. Tannehill sucks, The only guy I'd take for a few years is Dalton but I'd rather draft a guy and roll with him.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:23 PM   #97
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
The only way they don't is if Teddy B is signed for cheap, Foles is not happening.. I don't even know why those sites are saying its possible... HOW?? We have no $. Tannehill sucks, The only guy I'd take for a few years is Dalton but I'd rather draft a guy and roll with him.
Personally I'd rather roll into the 2019 season with what we already have. Seriously!

With the disfunction on this team, we'll be lucky to make it to 8-8

Colt McCoy is a decent quarterback. Josh Johnson is a serviceable backup. And the Redskins can draft a 'project' QB in late rounds 7-10.

As has been mentioned already, by my asteemed colleagues on this site, let Redskins completely crater in the 2019 Season and then release Alex Smith after June Early Out date and then try to start a Rebuild in earnest by drafting a quarterback in the 1st or 2nd round of the 2020 Draft.

As I said, in my humble opinion, Colt McCoy is a decent quarterback, and who knows, he may surprise everyone and win some games for the Redskins in 2019.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2019, 01:26 PM   #98
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
Personally I'd rather roll into the 2019 season with what we already have. Seriously!

With the disfunction on this team, we'll be lucky to make it to 8-8

Colt McCoy is a decent quarterback. Josh Johnson is a serviceable backup. And the Redskins can draft a 'project' QB in late rounds 7-10.

As has been mentioned already, by my asteemed colleagues on this site, let Redskins completely crater in the 2019 Season and then release Alex Smith after June Early Out date and then try to start a Rebuild in earnest by drafting a quarterback in the 1st or 2nd round of the 2020 Draft.

As I said, in my humble opinion, Colt McCoy is a decent quarterback, and who knows, he may surprise everyone and win some games for the Redskins in 2019.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
You mean 4-7 , I got u my man.

Colt is a fine backup but as he has shown, he can't stay healthy. Josh is playing in the AAF I believe as well so who knows if he gets hurt there or not. I don't think this team can go into 2019 with the QBs they have now. Jay is fighting for his job
Old 02-08-2019, 05:22 PM   #99
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I would disagree. Reaching for a need is not the way to go. The QB has to be the best player on the board when we pick.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:53 PM   #100
RedskinJake
Special Teams

The draft will likely/hopefully go like this..
WR RD1 (hoping Hakeem Butler here but he won't fall to 15)
If top 5 QB available, trade into RD1, select QB, Else, RD2 draft best player available
RD3-7 Draft best player available
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:39 PM   #101
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinJake View Post

If top 5 QB available, trade into RD1, select QB, Else, RD2 draft best player available

WR is a position that takes the most time to develop (besides QB) and is the position most easily made ineffective by defenses.

Unless there is a Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson type freak when we pick, I hope it isn't a WR in the 1st.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #102
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinJake View Post
Why does RedskinJake have a Philadelphia Eagles avatar? Is this a bet that went sour?
Old 02-12-2019, 02:23 AM   #103
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Not sure this surfaced any where else:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...unk-in-public/
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:17 AM   #104
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Not sure this surfaced any where else:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...unk-in-public/
Yeah it was in another thread but no surprise. Another rich spoiled kid that thinks hes the shit.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:52 AM   #105
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Why does RedskinJake have a Philadelphia Eagles avatar? Is this a bet that went sour?
Nah, it's because he said during the season he was gonna go root for Philly because they're a winning organization or some shit (paraphrasing here).
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote