Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #61
diehard
The Starter

Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

We need to trade down or possibly re-sign Marcus Washington. We won't be able to plug 2 or more rookies into the starting lineup with the selections we have now. Saying that, It points to the team perhaps looking to draft a DE, possibly LSU's Tyson Jackson. Why re-sign over-the-hill insurance policies Daniels and Wynn if not looking to bring youth into the fold?
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #62
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I just don't see a trade down scenario happening. Two years ago (2007), we owned the No. 6 pick. Brady Quinn & Adrian Peterson were still on the board when we drafted. We COULD NOT get anyone to trade into our spot.

I think teams realize it is more of a crapshoot and that the best bet is to throw as many darts against the wall as possible. I would be happy, but very surprised if we trade down.
But Joe, last year we did trade down!

I think teams are more reluctant to trade up to the top 10, both because of the cost in trade (usually picks) & the huge contract they have to pay a rookie. Our pick at 13 on the other hand, is right in the middle of good value but fairly safe players that are likely starters for several years. Teams will trade up for a qb no matter what if there's a guy they want.

With numerous teams holding extra picks they can play with, I think trade offers will be there, just depends on what teams are offering. If I was a GM, I would look to trade w/the Skins because they've shown a willingness to do so. They've also shown a willingness to get suckered, but that's another story!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #63
warriorzpath

In order to trade down, I think you need to ask yourself if the guy(s) you want will still be available in the spot that you are planning to trade down to. If the answer is no, then I wouldn't trade down.

If there's nobody that you think would be available that you would want at 13, then trading down is a no-brainer - but I don't that's the case.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #64
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
We need to trade down or possibly re-sign Marcus Washington. We won't be able to plug 2 or more rookies into the starting lineup with the selections we have now. Saying that, It points to the team perhaps looking to draft a DE, possibly LSU's Tyson Jackson. Why re-sign over-the-hill insurance policies Daniels and Wynn if not looking to bring youth into the fold?
cuts aren't over
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #65
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Trade down and get Eben Britton. Then take a top rate Center or OLB with the next two picks. That would be a hell of a draft day for me. Of course they'll probably take some position that I don't expect them to take within their first two picks (3 if they trade down). I'm betting on S, CB, or WR. Then we get to hear the awesome BPA argument though I don't know when all these BPA's are going to get a chance to get reps outside the scout team (see Rhinehart).

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #66
RedTempleSkin
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Trade down and get Eben Britton. Then take a top rate Center or OLB with the next two picks. That would be a hell of a draft day for me. Of course they'll probably take some position that I don't expect them to take within their first two picks (3 if they trade down). I'm betting on S, CB, or WR. Then we get to hear the awesome BPA argument though I don't know when all these BPA's are going to get a chance to get reps outside the scout team (see Rhinehart).
I agree about trading down and I think Britton would be a good selection, but I would like to see a olb or de with the gains on the trade down. Players that have young legs who can run around, hopefully creating havoc on the defensive end for us.
RedTempleSkin is offline   Reply With Quote